Upcoming content update?

Wondering if we could get a content update.  It's been almost 2 months since anything has appeared on the home page.  I haven't received a news letter in much longer then that.  I know we usually have a Halloween event.  Is that happening this year?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’d imagine those turnkey kind of events would be brought back… the usual Halloween and Christmas events. 

I think the devs are probably working hard to get NL ready but yes, an update would be great. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have found images in the files that lead me to believe that the usual Halloween content will be forthcoming. 
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    I have found images in the files that lead me to believe that the usual Halloween content will be forthcoming. 

That's good at least.  Kind of surprised we haven't heard anything.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I'll be honest, I will be extremely disappointed if that's all the "new content" we are going to get for the 25th anniversary. Especially considering that all we've actually gotten this year was the "Spring Fever" event which is now over 2 months removed. 
    edited September 2022
    Mariah said:
    Looks like it's just on Origin  :/

Also this should not be confused with "content update". This is an event. We've had a pretty steady flow of events and EM drops over the past 2 months.

My definition of content would be something that is playable to all and would last longer than an hour or 2 (and be on all shards - not one).
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes, everyone coming together on one shard...since  COVID is still a thing, this is the next best thing...at least we can all be in one place together to celebrate this amazing milestone.

THANKS TEAM!!!!!!

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think it is cool they have all this lined up for the event but personally I don’t want to make characters on other shards if I’m not going to be using them outside of an event, so I will miss out on this. 
    What I want to know is why they aren't using the fairgrounds that Origin already has!

Larisa said:
    What I want to know is why they aren't using the fairgrounds that Origin already has!
    I'd guess it's probably because Mesanna doesn't know Origin has them. 
  • EM RainstormerEM Rainstormer Posts: 111Event Moderator
    keven2002 said:
    Larisa said:

Actually, per Mesanna's direction we had planned to have it there but then decided to have it elsewhere.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Not all players can travel.
    keven2002 said:
    Larisa said:

Why does everyone always have to hate on Mesanna? Of course she knows they are there :/ geesh.

Thank you Rain for the answer....would have been nice! They have not been used in a long time, but what you guys are setting up now looks pretty freaking amazing, I can't wait!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Arnold7 said:
    Not all players can travel.
    None of the events require skill.  You can make a toon on the Origin shard with any name you want. That toon will have the same communication access as toons who live on Origin.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    And Origin Vendors will be stocked, if anyone needs anything just ask!!!  But looking at the line up you won't need much.

Only need horses for that event. I doubt the rest need anything.
    It looks like she made the correct decision.

This venue is too large to fit in the fairgrounds, and too loud.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/uo-com-25th-anniversary-faire.427242/#post-3123377

Thanks to Larisa for the preview of the venues!
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some posts have been removed. Please stay topical and post with courtesy and respect, thank you.
  • I, for one, would be hard-pressed to call the anniversary fair an event or content in all but the most-literal senses of those terms. Oh well.
    I, for one, would be hard-pressed to call the anniversary fair an event or content in all but the most-literal senses of those terms. Oh well.
    +1