25th Anniversary Gifts

2»

Comments

• Mariah said:
    Love the gifts. But the date for the opening of the Siege Perilous Shard is wrong. It was July 1999 not September 1997. 

Is that the date on the shield or the tome? The shield is dated for the launch of UO, the tome is the one dated for the start of the shard.
    The tome.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 490
    I like to be positive, but I was also not a fan.

The art in the book is nice, but much of it is repeat... if not all, but I don't keep up to well.

25 years is a super milestone.  Some gameplay stuff would have been nice.

I also only run one account at a time.  I don't like having "rare" anything in a collection I can't at least farm.  And I don't like to farm for multiple days of time either, for the record.

But it is nice to do something.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 275
    I'm bringing back 2 tomes from each shard I'm transferring tokens from - one for my collection, one to trade/sell later...

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Unfortunately these gifts are just par for the course for the Dev team. This post isn't meant to be a shot at the Devs but just my observation.

There was an entire thread on these gifts when they dropped on TC a month or 2 ago (note only chars already created for 30 days on TC could get them) with feedback on the items. There were several small tweaks they could have made to make these gifts better but as usual once the Devs draw up the idea they aren't going to change it regardless of feedback. 

I retained my opinion of these gifts from TC1. For a 25th (big important anniversary right?) gift these all (maybe the liquor bottle being the exception) are stale and fall flat; including the gift box they come in.
    • Someone made suggestions of switching the box (currently looks like a regular wooden box dyed 1 shade lighter than grey) to a silver strongbox. Small tweak that would make the gift box much more appealing but ignored. 
    • Someone suggested the adjust the shield so that it didn't look like an I-25 sign you see while driving down the highway. Again ignored.
    • As stated above, the Tome is really just recycled artwork (from all the books of lore) with a different description. 
    • As I originally stated (and as I saw someone else recently post) there shoulda/coulda been a SILVER steed mount for the SILVER anniversary. It would have just been a reskinned 16th anniversary mount but said "silver steed". Again ignored.
    • Intoxicating liquor bottle is probably the freshest item but it really doesn't have much to do with 25 years...but still the Devs go back to the same well with having X hues. 
    It just seems like the creativity for much of the game is lacking the past few years and honestly has the feeling that they are just mailing it in. I get it that maybe they are tired of doing stuff for UO (ie their job) so their interest in creating fresh ideas might not be there but the sad part is that it seems like the Devs also have zero interest in taking suggestions from the player base (who are still interested in the game).