Here we go again, broken record time: Account Bound rewards for ToT and new content is required.

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Hmm... we can't even get a filter put in place for jewelry boxes (maybe 10 hours of coding with virtually no negative impact) and people here are talking about changing game mechanics of shard bound to account bound and everything in between (at least 100 hours with major potential negative impacts)?

I think that should say it all.
  • No. I like it when there is stuff that I don't want but can get and sell to someone else, for gold, or other items, or favors. I think a lot of people like that. No I don't cheat. Do I also get to threaten people with bans for disagreeing with me?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No. I like it when there is stuff that I don't want but can get and sell to someone else, for gold, or other items, or favors. I think a lot of people like that. No I don't cheat. Do I also get to threaten people with bans for disagreeing with me?
    I think it's a joke some of the rares collectors on stratics include such silliness..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I'm not in favour of this idea. Being of 'mature' years I have more time available to me than some players, I therefore quite often get 'extras' of drops that I can give to guild and alliance mates with less free time, or who have taken a break and returned. Does that make me a cheater? I tend to think not. But this proposal would prevent me from doing that. We need a better, more targeted solution, but I fear that may not be possible. 
  • McDougle said:
    No. I like it when there is stuff that I don't want but can get and sell to someone else, for gold, or other items, or favors. I think a lot of people like that. No I don't cheat. Do I also get to threaten people with bans for disagreeing with me?
    I think it's a joke some of the rares collectors on stratics include such silliness..

These days something being ridiculous is no guarantee of it being a joke. Far from it actually.

Does that make me a cheater?
    Clearly.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    edited August 2022
    Account bound might hurt cheaters but would do more damage to those honest, and mostly honest players that depend on drops and rewards to make some gold.

Also, I think account bound would hurt the players that just don’t do well or can’t do that well at special events anymore that create the market for those things.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Arnold7 said:
    Account bound might hurt cheaters but would do more damage to those honest, and mostly honest players that depend on drops and rewards to make some gold.

Also, I think account bound would hurt the players that just don’t do well or can’t do that well at special events anymore that create the market for those things.

Honestly if i had my way em rewards and server rares along with PS would be the only shard bound items IMO having people come to Origin and do destard would have been helpful 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    Hmm... we can't even get a filter put in place for jewelry boxes (maybe 10 hours of coding with virtually no negative impact) and people here are talking about changing game mechanics of shard bound to account bound and everything in between (at least 100 hours with major potential negative impacts)?

I think that should say it all.
    Shard bound or not, I believe the code is just a yes or no, 0 or 1.

Jewelry box search function should be a UI function, which it seems Dev stopped doing any updates for the EC.

Issues like spellbooks not returning to the straps, require more work to debug the code.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Mariah said:
    While serious trolling will be removed, Rorschack and I would like to clarify that only we have the authority to remove forum access, we don't do it lightly.
    so Basically the OP saying they have the power to Ban from the Forums for Trolling, Is in itself a troll move  :o .... *Gasps*  :#
  • ksoridaksorida Posts: 7
    Like others have said:
    You want Account bound, shard bound, computer bound and all, PLAY YOUR OWN SHARD.
    UO been around for 25 years and now you want to change bc YOU dont have, YOU cant, YOU, YOU and all about YOU. this game is not about YOU. if you dont like, we can show you the way out!
  • ksoridaksorida Posts: 7
    Mariah said:
    While serious trolling will be removed, Rorschack and I would like to clarify that only we have the authority to remove forum access, we don't do it lightly.
    so Basically the OP saying they have the power to Ban from the Forums for Trolling, Is in itself a troll move  :o .... *Gasps*  :#

lol