My temp.

Magery
Med
EI
Nac
SS
Inscrip
Resist magic
  I been playing for three months and wondering is Resist worth having or everything seem good for PvE.

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    You've chosen Necromancy to beef up your magic, so personally I'd let Inscription go instead of resist.  You'll lose a little damage on your mage spells, but you could replace the inscription with either wrestling or anatomy for weapons defense. (Anatomy + EvalInt + 20)/2 offers pure defense, and if you have 120 EvalInt and 100 Anatomy, then you have the defenses of 120 Wrestling.  You don't have the two wrestling special moves, though.

If you want to keep the Inscription (and can't pass it on to another character via soulstone or soulstone fragment) then it is a very tight template due to two magic schools, and each wanting a different buff skill (EvalInt for Magery and SS for Necro). So if you willing to let your curse protection go (Resist), one option would be to replace with Spellweaving.  That would give you Nature's Fury at a low skill level, which are single-slot temporary summons that attack nearby foes (and neutrals).  This can keep foes occupied and casting at you less often.  You can have up to 5 Nature's Fury at once.  They're really handy.

Yet another option would open if you willing to let Necro and SS go.  Replacing them with Mysticism and Focus would give you more mana, and they could offer curse protection similar to Resist Spells with Mysticism's Stone Form and later Cleansing Winds.  So then you would have 100 more points for weapons defense of some sort.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61

The info that Rock gave is spot on.

The only thing is, if you are not on a well-populated server, getting your Spellweaving Focus might be a bit difficult.  I would suggest going the Anatomy route for defensive wrestling in that case.  I would also make an attempt to get the 120 scrolls for everything and drop the Inscription and Resist all together.  I would not suggest dropping Nec/SS for Mystic/Focus.  They each have their pros and cons, but neither are worth changing templates for, plus your Nec and SS 120s will be cheaper.

The temps I use are:

120 Necro, SS, Med, Magery, Eval, Spellweaving

and

120 Necro, SS, Med, Magery, Eval, 100 Anat, 20 Focus (this is on shards that are less-populated)