Help me understand the Bokuto

I haven't played through the last 10 years.  Getting back into it for the last year and I'm still trying to understand what makes a good bokuto (to sell).  I'm not going to use it myself on any character but I invest a lot of time into BODs and burn runics like nobody else.  I also have several characters who can take down fan dancers all day if I wanted to.  I've looted a few but I don't know what people are looking for.  I get that I should loot any splintering bokutos I find.  What mods make a bokuto for the auction safe?  What about other splintering weapons?  It's all about the special right?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2022
    Splintering and a Hit spell at 70%. I think thy prefer fireball. No area spell.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    any other un-imbueable mods make it special?  it's not a bokuto but I just looted this guy for instance:

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    At least 20 splinter 70 lightning 70 hld easy plat 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Valeria said:
    any other un-imbueable mods make it special?  it's not a bokuto but I just looted this guy for instance:

The majority already have 30 splintering, Needs a hit spell like fire or lightning to go with the fatigue.  But only 10 splintering.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Pawain said:
    "no hit fireball, that releases the target from stun
    McDougle said:

i can't remember the stats exactly, but one with spell chan, 70 lightning, 20 splinter, 30 hit lower defense, think it had damage increase, sold for 27 plat"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:
    "no hit fireball, that releases the target from stun
    McDougle said:

i can't remember the stats exactly, but one with spell chan, 70 lightning, 20 splinter, 30 hit lower defense, think it had damage increase, sold for 27 plat"
    So Lightning is the preferred one. 

Dang 27 Plat, how would you think you are going to get a return on investment on that item.

:D 
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    I would be the wealthiest merchant on legends hahaha... The Vesper Beach Collective is my vendor mall and I'm trying to supply my shard and new players with an economy.  I feel like there are only a few vendors here and I want some new players to have stuff they can afford, so while the rng god's might bless me with such a drop (God knows where I'd have to hunt)... I'd like to know what's worth 1 mil or 10 mil or 100 mil haha
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    For a Bokuto Mage, the basic must-have on the weapon:

Spell channeling 
    Hit Lightning 50-70
    Splintering 20

The rest like Damage Increase or HLD can be on the gear. (e.g. Blackthorn Helmet).

Ofcourse, if can find the complete specs

Spell channeling 
    Hit Lightning Area 50-70
    Splintering 20
    HLD 50-70
    DI 30-50

Oh, yeah, absolute NO Brittle, Antique, Cannot be Repaired, Shard Bound, Account Bound, Hand Bound whatever bound this community is asking to bound and bound.

It will most likely have Faster Casting -1, but its ok if the Bokuto Mage uses Protection Spell. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    You left out backpack bound just saying 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Skett said:
    You left out backpack bound just saying 
     <3 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:

It will most likely have Faster Casting -1, but its ok if the Bokuto Mage uses Protection Spell. 
    “Sniggers”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Since no one answered your last question.   If you loot similarly good splintering weapons that aren't boks, loot them and toss then up for sale.  Boks are the big money, but there are people like myself looking for off brand weapons.  It may not be worth a plat, but I buy axes, maces, and odd splintering fencing weapons for still hundred + millions.  Case in point, I just bought a lance for 300 million.
  • price check on this guy?

• Even better?... not even 10 minutes later...

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Magic arrow isn't that great on a bok because it breaks the nerve strike; it also does the least amount of damage for spells so it's not super useful unlike fireball which will also break nerve strike but is a level 3 spell. 

My experience is that players want 20% splinter or more.
    edited September 2022
    "actually fireball doesn't break nerve strike, only paralise, i was wrong, not sure about magic arrow"
  • Hmm... well I will keep hunting then.  I don't think I've found the luck sweet spot quite yet, will try some more this weekend with a couple hundred more added to my gear.  I got about 15 clean ones today in about 2 hrs, nothing higher that 20 splintering though, maybe 3-4 10's plus these ones, the only ones worth noting.

I'm playing on Legends where there isn't much of a market, but there is definitely a PVP scene so I'm trying to find the gear my shard wants  B)