Tinker Bods

On the tinker page, ( https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/tinkering/tinker-bulk-orders/ ) it shows the turn in points for exceptional large tool bods. They don't come in exceptional. I was looking at the page for something else when I saw that. I have 90 tool larges and none are exceptional. I did try to bribe a normal 20 large to double check.The tinker tells you : " I won't be able to replace that bulk order with a better one."

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Gotta love this game right?
     I have been going thru my bods (3 keeps worth ....) and am doing the tinker ones. I finished the tinker bods at my main keep and grabbed a book from hubby's keep that came from either a friend or an IDOC and it had exceptional tool larges. I tried again to bribe one up - it won't let me. I even bribed up a ten count large - it went to 20 count but would not go exceptional.So either there was a change I don't remember reading about or something bugged the tool larges.

I found an empty exceptional 10 count and was able to bribe it up to 20 count. Once I have a book to turn in, I will see if maybe the npc gives them as exceptional.

part three coming soon ..... :p
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There's something strange about some bods, and it's hard to pinpoint just what. I have had BoDs that won't bribe from normal to except, some tinker, some cooking. Conversely I have had others for exactly the same item that DID bribe.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    Mariah said:
    There's something strange about some bods, and it's hard to pinpoint just what. I have had BoDs that won't bribe from normal to except, some tinker, some cooking. Conversely I have had others for exactly the same item that DID bribe.
    Sounds like it might be giving BODs for items that face left and items that face right, yet only one will bribe. Similar to the Trade Runs and only being able to use one of the two identically named items in the vendor list to fulfill the Trade Order. Just a guess.
    -Arroth
    Mariah said:
    Sounds like it might be giving BODs for items that face left and items that face right, yet only one will bribe. Similar to the Trade Runs and only being able to use one of the two identically named items in the vendor list to fulfill the Trade Order. Just a guess.

Not really, because you fill them with crafted items, which all face one way.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, I don't know then, that's odd.

--
    I did take out some Tinker Large Tool BODs to test. I have both normal and exceptional from the NPC.

Bribed up about 10. 
    7 or so bribed all the way to 20 exceptional. All of these bribed to exceptional at 10 or 15 count, so the exceptional happened before hitting 20.
    1 started at 20 normal, so it's first bribe went to 20 exceptional.

2 would only bribe to 20 normal. Both of these bribed up to 20 normal (one from 10, one from 15), then wouldn't convert to 20 exceptional.

Maybe if the BOD bribes to 20 normal first, it won't then turn exceptional? Don't know, but it might be a place to start. I don't have enough BODs to do any further testing.
    -Arroth
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited September 2022
    Popps post about luck and crafting reminded me I forgot to post what happened when I turned some in to the npc.

I turned in 370 small ones in and got a new one each time. I received 7 Large Tools BODS. Four of them were exceptional already; two of which were already 20ex. The other 2 were 15ex and a 10 ex. Both bribed up to 20ex. The three normal were two 20s and a 15. Both of these bribed up to 20ex.

I'm thinking now that maybe they fixed the BODs from the npc but didn't fix the older ones that were already in game.
    Marge said:
    Popps post about luck and crafting reminded me I forgot to post what happened when I turned some in to the npc.

I turned in 370 small ones in and got a new one each time. I received 7 Large Tools BODS. Four of them were exceptional already; two of which were already 20ex. The other 2 were 15ex and a 10 ex. Both bribed up to 20ex. The three normal were two 20s and a 15. Both of these bribed up to 20ex.

I'm thinking now that maybe they fixed the BODs from the npc but didn't fix the older ones that were already in game.

Highly probable. BoDs that were in books would be inaccessible.