Converting the transmogrified item again

Heya, It would be great that you can keep tmogging the same item over and over. If the item that you want to set as source object is already transmogrified you will get the ''This item has already been transmogrified''.
Can you please remove this limitation? Because if you want to change your appearance you need to get the same item again and again.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    I wondered whether or not you could transmogrify an item more than once. That is unfortunate if you can't. It's not like you wouldn't have to buy another potion. Why not let us switch it up?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I just traded my pumpkin scholar's for a regular one that i turned into kasa it was expensive lossto change my look and so unnecessary 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    "there were complications that lead to exploit by doing this, that is why the single use limitation was introduced"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • VolrathVolrath Posts: 12
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "there were complications that lead to exploit by doing this, that is why the single use limitation was introduced"

In that case maybe they could create a npc where you can turn your transmogrified item and get the original one.
    Yoshi said:
    This a brand new item isn't time to move past cutting of a leg to remove a splinter
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 796
    Yes, it should be possible to re-transmog an item.

The new 25-year vet reward shield is a prime example of why -- many of the best shields have already been transmogged to other shields.

The "blocking" of double transmog was an interim band-aid fix to the "exploits" that yoshi was pursuing.  That particular band-aid can probably be removed, as other iterations of changes likely made this not so necessary.  Personally, I think the transmog limitations could have been left out outright, but that may be a dead horse...

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Thank Yoshi for this feature.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Thank Yoshi for this feature.
    I blame crappy coding and developers who can't seem to fix anything without extreme over reaction 
    edited August 2022
    “Some sort of way to remove the initial transmog and return it to its original state would indeed be a good solution, and would ultimately lead to increased sales

However it might not be possible for this to happen on shields or robes as it appears (from naming just transmogrified and not transmogrified wooden shield etc) the items did not save the original source information

Also there are more complications, the transmogged object would need to have saved the information of whether or not it has been enhanced, this is an unknown factor”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    Volrath said:

In that case maybe they could create a npc where you can turn your transmogrified item and get the original one.
    Yes, something please.

I would definitely buy more potions to switch up looks on characters if we could transmog items repeatedly. Much more so than I'd try to find or afford multiples of high-end items. That's not easy for a casual player. Or for players whose thing isn't necessarily going on lots of hunts that might yield high end drops. And I don't have the closet space anyway!  :D
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “Some sort of way to remove the initial transmog and return it to its original state would indeed be a good solution, and would ultimately lead to increased sales

However it might not be possible for this to happen on shields or robes as it appears (from naming just transmogrified and not transmogrified wooden shield etc) the items did not save the original source information

Also there are more complications, the transmogged object would need to have saved the information of whether or not it has been enhanced, this is an unknown factor”
    From a business perspective, two fundamental changes need to be made to transmog potions:
    1. The potion should be account bound store items, like stable slot increase tokens.
    2. The potion behavior should be reverted to the "day-0" test center behavior, which allowed transmog to wider range of targets, converting the material type from a game mechanics perspective, etc.
    There is no real exploit at the end of the day associated with #2, it's not unlike many other already established game mechanics. The combination of doing the above 2 things will drive more sales of this item, for sure.

The transmogged items already retain the "already enhanced" status, AFAIK. 

As a bonus, let us pick a name for the transmogged item, based on the type of the source or destination item.  You currently lose the name of the 25 year vet reward shield pick, which is perhaps a mistake.

I don't see a reason for needing to "clear" the transmog status, just allow re-transmog of an existing item.  That keeps the name selection choice open too.  "clearing" transmog seems like un-necessary complexity ("KISS").

There was concern that someone would take non mendable retain the lmc bonus and gasp be able to meditate thus becoming godlike pvpers 
    edited August 2022
    "
    1. As for making potions account bound, i can't personally see why that would be a business improvement.. I have bought (for gold from other players) around a dozen transmog potions, if i had to purchase myself from the store for cash, i would not have purchased any.. but maybe i am unique

2. why can't you just play the game as it is intended to play? the transmog potion is meant for deco only, not to upgrade your stuff and give it more stats. 
    yes there were valid exploits that resulted from double transmogging or they would not have introduced it in the first place. You're the same guy who tried to raise a random bug report about paralithodes (which were not even bugged) and put the solution to allow all pets into underwater...
    And i see you're trying also to alter transmogged items to gargoyle, which they are not intended to be altered
    "
    McDougle said:
    There was concern that someone would take non mendable retain the lmc bonus and gasp be able to meditate thus becoming godlike pvpers 
    Not quite -- the example I used was taking a scholars halo, and ultimately converting it to a non-medable bone helmet, with LMC bonus (with option to armor refine too).  You know, like something a necro would like to use, same flexibility as "Cuffs of archmage".  So you lose the medability, gain the LMC related bonus.  A fine tradeoff.

Even the cases where an item loses it's durability (top hat?) I'd say doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  

edited August 2022
    "there is already still an unfixed exploit with transmog potions that allows you to remove the negative property:
    Prized
    no need to revert them back to having more problems"
    McDougle said:
    Not quite -- the example I used was taking a scholars halo, and ultimately converting it to a non-medable bone helmet, with LMC bonus (with option to armor refine too).  You know, like something a necro would like to use, same flexibility as "Cuffs of archmage".  So you lose the medability, gain the LMC related bonus.  A fine tradeoff.

Even the cases where an item loses it's durability (top hat?) I'd say doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  

Exactly no one has any trouble hitting any cap and honestly I don't care if they do i just want to fish in my top hat 
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "there is already still an unfixed exploit with transmog potions that allows you to remove the negative property:
    Prized
    no need to revert them back to having more problems"

Tough to justify such a change.

Let's assume a transmog potion costs 60M gold.
    Let's assume the high end, that it costs 5000 gold in insurance from a death associated with the prized item.

You need to die 12,000 times to break even on the cost before you start saving.  If somebody wants to do this, let them.  Gold coins are not in short supply, too.

Then there's the cost of having a developer not fix one of the myriad other issues in the bugs forum.

If you re-think what's really an exploit, that may help.
    edited August 2022
    "what???
    people use transmog potions for deco purposes, the removal of the 
    Prized  
    comes free with it. 
    It still transmogs the item... 

@ForeverFun aren't you the same guy who wanted to bless his gargish chest/legs/arms etc with a clothing bless deed, did you not do math about how many times you would need to die for this to be worth it? 
    if everyone made this calculation, nobody would ever bless anything

you know what Prized does right? it increases the insurance cost
    the very thing that blessed takes away...

Yoshi said:
    "what???
    Prized  
    comes free with it. 

@ ForeverFun aren't you the same guy who wanted to bless his gargish chest/legs/arms etc with a clothing bless deed, did you not do math about how many times you would need to die for this to be worth it? 
    if everyone made this calculation, nobody would ever bless anything" 

Transmog potions are not pure deco items.
    With a transmog potion, you can now equip a museum of vesper chaos shield on a gargoyle.
    I can reduce the weight of items with a transmog potion.
    etc.

The math above shows there is no exploit.  Removing "prized" only serves the purpose of reducing insurance costs.

Forged metal tool, and time of legends expansion are paid items that increase the power of items/players.  No reason for the transmog potion to not extend further into this realm too.
    edited August 2022
    "the ability to transmog onto pirate shield, and parrot which are biracial i'm sure was an oversite but not worth reporting as a problem.

There are bugs not fixed since 2018, why you think they are instead going to spend time undoing their perfectly good and smart work?"
    Yoshi said:
    "the ability to transmog onto pirate shield, and parrot which are biracial i'm sure was an oversite but not worth reporting as a problem.

There are bugs not fixed since 2018, why you think they are instead going to spend time undoing their perfectly good and smart work?"
    Kyronix actually said it was by design that that pirate shield / hooks shield was bi-racial.  This was a good choice.  Likewise, the wand / orb drops act the same way.

At any rate, time to change some thinking / approach here...
    edited August 2022
    "right, but what i said and what Kyronix apparently said are not mutually exclusive statements, they can both be true"
    Yoshi said:
    "what???
    Prized  
    comes free with it. 

@ ForeverFun aren't you the same guy who wanted to bless his gargish chest/legs/arms etc with a clothing bless deed, did you not do math about how many times you would need to die for this to be worth it? 

etc.

I doubt this was the intention of Transmog potions.
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    "what???
    Prized  
    comes free with it. 

etc.

Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    "what???
    Prized  
    comes free with it. 

etc.

I don't care things weighing 50 stones is ridiculous 
    “Oh shoot you can remove heavy curse too?
    although I have to say I have only ever seen this on weapons, not on armour or shield”
    Yes, the world is coming to an end, you can reduce the STR requirement too.  Atlas's job just got easier.
    "i'll check it out, and if so will add to bug report, i did try blessing a cursed item, which you can, but item remains cursed and stays on corpse"
     :D

Shouldn't post game perks here.  Another reason I am fine with discovery rather than Devs showing us everything then Yoshi makes them change it. 

Prob why we cant have Top Hats.  :D
    Pawain said:
     :D

Shouldn't post game perks here.  Another reason I am fine with discovery rather than Devs showing us everything then Yoshi makes them change it. 

Prob why we cant have Top Hats.  :D
    If only there was a pvp only shard where all the pvpers could go so change wouldn't effect them oh wait it's empty 
    "there is no fel only shard?
    siege has no item insurance, so no skill involved at all, everyone just plays DP deathstrikers"