Am I no longer able to "Dispel" "Gate Travel"?

I think I could before.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Are you using the right spell?  Not 'dispel' but 'dispel field'?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2022
    KEY said:
    I think I could before.

Why would you want to dispel a Gate ?

I mean, it makes sense to dispel a starting Gate after someone has entered it to prevent someone else to follow (but then someone needs to stay at the starting location to dispel the Gate and then recall out), but dispelling an ending Gate is pointless if the starting Gate is still up because, even if one dispels the ending Gate, for reasons beyond my understanding, someone can still take the starting Gate and pop up at the ending Gate location, even if the ending Gate was dispelled....

I know, it shouldn't be, but for inexplicable reasons, instead, a "broken" Gate channel (missing one Gate) can still get people through it...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Dispel the ending gate so that the person coming through cannot go back. This was done often when gating into Fel (a walled in location) to kill unsuspecting people in an ambush. I've been a victim of this at least once or twice in my lifetime.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     ;) 
  • I would like to think that this is for someone who wants to gate in his friends at EM events but doesn't want to leave non-EM gates all over the place that his fellow players will walk through and lose track of the event while stumbling with a player gate in the middle of everyone.
    edited August 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Dispel the ending gate so that the person coming through cannot go back. This was done often when gating into Fel (a walled in location) to kill unsuspecting people in an ambush. I've been a victim of this at least once or twice in my lifetime.
    It could only work on someone with no Protection, and no recalling/sacred Journey though... 

A recall/sacred journey is quite fast and with protection on, cannot be interrupted.

So, on a pretty much limited number of instances....

Personally, I think that, if an ending Gate was dispelled, the mechanics should prevent anyone entering the starting Gate to get through, period.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited August 2022
    I will gate to fel IDOCs so that I can peek in and return safely if there are bad guys there. So lets pretend this gate dispelling does not exist and let it drop. And heat of battle stops recalls Popps.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I don’t think you can dispel other people’s gates in tram”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “I don’t think you can dispel other people’s gates in tram”
    Would fall in the harassment category if you could. 
    Pawain said:
    I will gate to fel IDOCs so that I can peek in and return safely if there are bad guys there. So lets pretend this gate dispelling does not exist and let it drop. And heat of battle stops recalls Popps.
    That I know of, heat of battle stops from also gating so, if one was to be in heat of battle, even if the end gate was up, they would not be able to get back into it thus making it also pointless to dispel that end gate....

Furthermore, heat of battle pops in if one actively attacks another target.... if they only get targeted, they can still recall no problem, that I know of.

So, if one was to step into a Gate, and at the other end the end Gate had been dispelled, even id they get attacked, they could still recall out, if they do not respond to the attack.
    I'll let @Yoshi explain how heat of battle works. It seems you have not been to fel with others around.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Is this thread really still going @Mariah ?

This is exactly what I'm talking about where popps is trying to argue game mechanics that have already been answered. Another open/shut case within the first 4 posts yet this guy is still going. 
  • KEYKEY Posts: 16
    Mariah said:
    AHHHHH
    I remembered.
    "Evaluating Intelligence" for me is "Slightly less intelligent than a rock". :p

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    KEY said:
    Mariah said:
    AHHHHH
    I remembered.
    "Evaluating Intelligence" for me is "Slightly less intelligent than a rock". :p

If u answer earlier, could have saved him the embar....
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    some less helpful posts were removed, and since the correct solution to the OP's problem has been found I think I can accept @keven2002 's advice and close it.
This discussion has been closed.