Updates?

Just wondering if there is any kind of schedule for updates. Last I heard was the beginning of July we would get a new update. We heard early this year, can't remember exactly which month, that they would be hosting another castle design contest (for Keeps this time I think). At first, I was told probably late April or early May. Then I heard after the spring event ends. Now, it's August 2nd and still no word. I'm getting worried that they are going to be shutting the game down or something. I don't remember going this long without hearing something, anything about the next updates.
«1

Comments

  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    Would you prefer wild rumors or speculation?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Would you prefer wild rumors or speculation?

    Speculation if thats the only two choices. Wild rumors never did no good for nobody lol.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    McDougle said:
    Would you prefer wild rumors or speculation?

    Speculation if thats the only two choices. Wild rumors never did no good for nobody lol.
    All jokes aside it's really feeling troubling that we've heard nothing...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 886
    Tired of McDougle's whining, Kyronix has left the team to become a saturation diver. 

    Bleak has started an organic, fair trade, field grown, herb farm in New Hampshire.

    Onifirk, Levitica, and their significant others are proprietors of an all you can eat lion fish dinner joint in Key West.

    Bonnie is a top tier PvP player in Star Citizen and her streaming income exceeds that of UO.

    Misk has started his own Only Fans page. It's revenue also exceeds that of UO.
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    Tired of McDougle's whining, Kyronix has left the team to become a saturation diver. 

    Bleak has started an organic, fair trade, field grown, herb farm in New Hampshire.

    Onifirk, Levitica, and their significant others are proprietors of an all you can eat lion fish dinner joint in Key West.

    Bonnie is a top tier PvP player in Star Citizen and her streaming income exceeds that of UO.

    Misk has started his own Only Fans page. It's revenue also exceeds that of UO.
    At last a community representative this is the update we've all been waiting on 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    No gifts this Xmas uo will be laid to rest October 31st 
    fair thee well friends it’s been fun 
    ;) 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,212
    The whole team moved to Colorado to become wee, err potato Farmers.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,544
    Tired of McDougle's whining, Kyronix has left the team to become a saturation diver. 

    Bleak has started an organic, fair trade, field grown, herb farm in New Hampshire.

    Onifirk, Levitica, and their significant others are proprietors of an all you can eat lion fish dinner joint in Key West.

    Bonnie is a top tier PvP player in Star Citizen and her streaming income exceeds that of UO.

    Misk has started his own Only Fans page. It's revenue also exceeds that of UO.
    And so I shall buy that ps5 from ebay at 2x price and drown myself in games

    if it's not long live UO, it shall be hic long live gamers to yall!!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    Seriously if one of the developers is sick it's news that impacts and is important to the players both as humans with empathy and as players who love a game there is no reason for secret keeping 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I appreciate the humor and jokes but all that aside, I am asking sincerely if anybody knows whats up.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 886
    edited August 4
    Honestly, that last real info we got, timeline-wise, was back in February...

    "With the completion of Publish 112 I want to talk about what we have in store for Ultima Online for 2022.  Our primary focus this year is to deliver Ultima Online to the broadest audience ever with the release of UO: New Legacy."
    NLS Newsletter #12 (campaign-archive.com)


    The team have not mentioned any additional publishes this year. If they are in the crunch of getting UO:NL shipped, there might not be any other publishes (or any other news to talk about).

    I personally suspect they were hoping to launch UO:NL to coincide with the 25th anniversary in late September, but that it is proving more difficult than expected. My instinct says they will launch something to mark the 25th anniversary but may have to complete portions of it later in the year or early next year.

    Not much news to give players if your huge project is not yet ready and you don't have anything else in the pipeline.


    I'd be happy to be totally wrong. Maybe tomorrow they will announce Publish 113 with a fix for ghost mobs at champ spawns!



    P.S. They are still talking about the "broadest audience ever". That isn't going to happen if they just put UO:NL on the website. No-one will know about it. So, they have to have some marketing/press or a digital distribution platform in mind. Ideally, both. Broadsword has spoken openly many times about bringing DAoC to Steam along with a legacy shard, so I'm guessing everything is being timed.

    This effort is probably studio wide and includes both DAoC and UO releasing on Steam at the same time the games respective legacy shards go live.

    'Couse, they could just be making a funny, Broadsword, "broadest" audience, haha...hah...ha... :(
    -Arroth
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,502
    my guess (based on past fall events)
    is that the DEVs are busy finalizing plans for Publish 113
    we already have the anniversary gifts on TC
    usually at the end of July or early August
    they will put the first of the fall publish on TC
    they don't go world wide until the middle of September
    (if you do a web search, it will show when the updates usually are)

    we do know that they will continue the Krampus in December
    and The Artisan Festival.
    (they haven't put out the candied staff, which was stated for future release.
    Artisan Festival still have two more years of gifts available, 
    to complete the sets)

    It is unknown if they are going to add new items to trick or treat,
    graveyards or pumpkin patches...
    it would be nice if they do.

    (I haven't gone to the last few meet & greets
    and nobody posted notes for them.
    so I'm not sure if anybody asked if there would be new items)

    =========
    the last newsletter showed a calendar with August on it
    but it had Britannia days on it
    (more days than our real life calendar has)

    some thought maybe that meant EJ would start

    =========

    DEVs are just too busy to update us 
    we will know, once the publish notes are out
    (i think the negativity has hushed them for the moment)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    Making excuses and accepting the lack of communication is why it continues 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,581
    McDougle said:
    Making excuses and accepting the lack of communication is why it continues 
    "With the completion of Publish 112 I want to talk about what we have in store for Ultima Online for 2022.  Our primary focus this year is to deliver Ultima Online to the broadest audience ever with the release of UO: New Legacy."

    They are not finished so what are they going to say?  We are not finished.  There is no need to state the obvious.

    Sounds like the last communication said the next thing is NL.  NL is not ready yet so there is nothing to communicate.  
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    It's easy to ignore when it's just whinny Mcdougle but I'm not alone and the voices calling for communication grow louder 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,581
    edited August 4
    You literally want them to come announce that NL is not out yet?  How will that help?

    NL will be out before December, or they will throw together a new set of Dynamic events.  Take that to the bank.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,549
    Pawain said:
    You literally want them to come announce that NL is not out yet?  How will that help?

    NL will be out before December, or they will throw together a new set of Dynamic events.  Take that to the bank.
    I want them to do their jobs?? Why am I having to explain this?? How many newsletters have they missed?? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,381
    I'm with you @McDougle - a simple check in shouldn't be too hard or too much work.

    If Pub 112 notes were from Feb were the last "update" we are counting then it's been 6 months (half a year!) since we've had a meaningful update. We are talking about people who are paid to do a job, not our buddies who are doing us a favor on the side when they can. I'd like to hear of another scenario where someone is being paid to do a job and 6 months go by without any sort of update on the job they are doing. 

    Honestly, I think the way they are handling it is probably about as bad as it gets because not only are they creating some frustration with the player base now; they are also making it harder on themselves for the final product. They are essentially relying on, what 6 people?, to make all decisions on what will be a "cool game" without any feedback along the way. So they are creating an all or nothing situation where NL is either a great success OR an epic failure with no in between. Looking at the track record of the team, when was the last grand slam we've seen?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,544
    edited August 4
    keven2002 said:
    I'm with you @ McDougle - a simple check in shouldn't be too hard or too much work.

    If Pub 112 notes were from Feb were the last "update" we are counting then it's been 6 months (half a year!) since we've had a meaningful update. We are talking about people who are paid to do a job, not our buddies who are doing us a favor on the side when they can. I'd like to hear of another scenario where someone is being paid to do a job and 6 months go by without any sort of update on the job they are doing. 

    Honestly, I think the way they are handling it is probably about as bad as it gets because not only are they creating some frustration with the player base now; they are also making it harder on themselves for the final product. They are essentially relying on, what 6 people?, to make all decisions on what will be a "cool game" without any feedback along the way. So they are creating an all or nothing situation where NL is either a great success OR an epic failure with no in between. Looking at the track record of the team, when was the last grand slam we've seen?
    Nailed several points why I wasn't keen in knowing when I can play NLS but when they are freed from this burden. So that the small team can return and do good stuff for us...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    I’m sure we will be hearing from the team soon 
    All this talk if they might be sick or Bonnie is sick is troublesome. If so hopefully it’s nothing life threatening. 
    I hope they are all healthy and well. 
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 278
    edited August 4
    McDougle said:
    Would you prefer wild rumors or speculation?

    This is UO, so wild rumors.

    I'll start by asking some vague questions that sound like they should be meaningful for the context: Have you been experiencing lag at all? What about problems logging in? What about problems with the account site? Has there been an IDOC on your shard lately?

    If the answer to any of the above questions is "yes." then I'd think some about what might be going on.

    Hey I'm just asking questions.

    How did I do? Did I nail the UO spirit?
  • Skett said:
    I’m sure we will be hearing from the team soon 
    All this talk if they might be sick or Bonnie is sick is troublesome. If so hopefully it’s nothing life threatening. 
    I hope they are all healthy and well. 

    Same here.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,544
    McDougle said:
    Would you prefer wild rumors or speculation?

    This is UO, so wild rumors.

    I'll start by asking some vague questions that sound like they should be meaningful for the context: Have you been experiencing lag at all? What about problems logging in? What about problems with the account site? Has there been an IDOC on your shard lately?

    If the answer to any of the above questions is "yes." then I'd think some about what might be going on.

    Hey I'm just asking questions.

    How did I do? Did I nail the UO spirit?
    Nailed... except if anyone can peep inside BS office and...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    Dont waste your time looking in BS office they all accumulated 6 months of vacation time and went to Hawaii at the same time 
    they will be back shortly 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,544
    edited August 5
    Skett said:
    Dont waste your time looking in BS office they all accumulated 6 months of vacation time and went to Hawaii at the same time 
    they will be back shortly 
     :'(  they left us...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,381
    Skett said:
    Dont waste your time looking in BS office they all accumulated 6 months of vacation time and went to Hawaii at the same time 
    they will be back shortly 
    Aka - "working on NL"
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,502
    main page is down
    (you can still access the forums)

    this usually means they are adding something to the page
    like patch  or publish notes, or a clicky somewhere

    I'm thinking maybe Publish 113
    =============

    FYI, it was said this morning that the 25th anniversary event will be in November.
    (no details about it, just that information from an EM)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,381
    Thanks @Cinderella

    Fingers crossed there is something new to test / do.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,581
    main page is down
    (you can still access the forums)

    this usually means they are adding something to the page
    like patch  or publish notes, or a clicky somewhere

    I'm thinking maybe Publish 113
    =============

    FYI, it was said this morning that the 25th anniversary event will be in November.
    (no details about it, just that information from an EM)
    The 20th event was the Titan invasion and it was quite complex. It involved crafting, T hunting, fishing, trade runs, and quests.  Then the Titans.

    I would be fine with NL being delayed for a broad spectrum event.

    Thanks for the info.
  • gaygay Posts: 190
    main page is down
    (you can still access the forums)

    this usually means they are adding something to the page
    like patch  or publish notes, or a clicky somewhere

    I'm thinking maybe Publish 113
    =============

    FYI, it was said this morning that the 25th anniversary event will be in November.
    (no details about it, just that information from an EM)

    UO main website being down usually just means it's the odd hour on a day of the week that ends in a "y".
Sign In or Register to comment.