Newer UO player perspective

13»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said: I still feel UO is very outdated because of the graphics. It can't even compete the looks with mobile games which has the biggest market share. 

What attracts players to any new game is first the look, feel, sound, visual effects. Its human nature to start by going for the looks first.

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype
    May be a hype but even my 5 year old grand loves it.
    But would he love UO then?

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.
    Out of the 5% who stayed, CC vs EC users are 50-50.

But why only care about this 5% want? 

Why not think about how to regain 95% of the lost population, from the new generation of gamers out there.
    Yes he sits on my lap and loves it when I bring out the GD and we go hunting.  He is slowly learning but like any 5 year old they want it NOW
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said: I still feel UO is very outdated because of the graphics. It can't even compete the looks with mobile games which has the biggest market share. 

What attracts players to any new game is first the look, feel, sound, visual effects. Its human nature to start by going for the looks first.

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

Why not think about how to regain 95% of the lost population, from the new generation of gamers out there.
    Yes he sits on my lap and loves it when I bring out the GD and we go hunting.  He is slowly learning but like any 5 year old they want it NOW
    He still hasn't seen better games.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    Say 95% players have left UO.
    Out of the 5% who stayed, lets assume CC vs EC users are 50-50.

But why should they care about what the remaining 5% want? 

I have tried bringing many players all quit too many decades old bugs to steep of a learning curve for even the simplest thing retro graphics are big buggy overly complex games not so much..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited July 2022
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

He plays a lot of different games with his Auntie and his dad.  Why is so hard for you to believe that he enjoys playing UO with his PaPa.  You say bring new players in but all you do is put down my grandson and me, WTF.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    Truly sad it can be toxic here but in game most aren’t 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,827
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

There aren't any better games than UO in my opinion, and i've been gaming since pong.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    Say 95% players have left UO.
    Out of the 5% who stayed, lets assume CC vs EC users are 50-50.

But why should they care about what the remaining 5% want? 

I have tried bringing many players all quit too many decades old bugs to steep of a learning curve for even the simplest thing retro graphics are big buggy overly complex games not so much..
    Exactly, complexity and and retro graphics.
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

He plays a lot of different games with his Auntie and his dad.  Why is so hard for you to believe that he enjoys playing UO with his PaPa.  You say bring new players in but all you do is put down my grandson and me, WTF.
    Why do u need to get so pissed? My kids tried Uo when young but they never liked it. They switched to others. 
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

There aren't any better games than UO in my opinion, and i've been gaming since pong.
    That is why you are still here.

Ask those who left or never returned. This is why population is so pathetic.
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

Why do u need to get so pissed? My kids tried Uo when young but they never liked it. They switched to others. 
    WOW  Sorry my grandson likes it and your kids didn't maybe you were to toxic with them like you are trying to be with my grandson.
    edited July 2022
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:

“One word, ‘Minecraft’ “
    That is a scam. hype

Another view point:
    95% users has left UO.

WOW  Sorry my grandson likes it and your kids didn't maybe you were to toxic with them like you are trying to be with my grandson.
    You mean that my comment "he has not seen better games" is a toxic remark for a 5 year old.

When my kid was 12 back when he tried UO he also has not tried other games. 

You are oversensitive.

Maybe should try Diablo Seasons, which many say is what NLS is trying to follow.

Me and my entire family have not seen that better game, either. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    This thread is getting off topic and a bit too personal, can we get it back on track please?