Why do devs not ban hatred and ill behavior?

inalizinaliz Posts: 12
edited July 2022 in General Discussions
Hail!

I started playing UO a few years ago. I really enjoy the game. Although I have noticed a lot of issues with bugs and design choices. That's not a huge deal if the devs work on it. But, one glaring thing that stands out, especially on Atlantic. Everyone who plays there knows. People like "removed". this person is completely vitriolic in the chat. The other day I saw him just ranting on about how he's going to take a bunch of pills and down it with vodka and whiskey. Personally threatening people non stop. Chatting a bunch of IRL nonsense that is disturbing. Talking about killing people(not in game). Just spewing absolute garbage non stop. I noticed this when I first started playing. I was pretty surprised when I saw that this same exact person is still doing the same thing years later.

I've reported them multiple times over the years. I'm sure many more people have also done so. I can imagine that letting this go on constantly scares a lot of people away from the game. So why haven't they been banned? It can't be allowed by the games terms of service? Or at the very least they should be banned from chat/say. It's this type of behavior allowed that ruins the game growth and community. It's pretty mind blowing that this is something the devs let go on even though they have been reported so many times.
  1. Should players that spam with strange and hateful behavior nonstop be banned?12 votes
    1. Of course
      66.67%
    2. Nah, just let them be disgusting
      33.33%
Tagged:

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    That person in particular is well known for that behavior. He uses EJ accounts and has them banned pretty frequently actually. That's the thing with EJ accounts though; he can just keep making new ones and using the same name.

Honestly if you move over to Gen Chat (you can't be EJ yourself) then you won't ever have to worry about seeing him in there. Next solution would be to just put him on ignore.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    keven2002 said:
    That person in particular is well known for that behavior. He uses EJ accounts and has them banned pretty frequently actually. That's the thing with EJ accounts though; he can just keep making new ones and using the same name.

Honestly if you move over to Gen Chat (you can't be EJ yourself) then you won't ever have to worry about seeing him in there. Next solution would be to just put him on ignore.
    I thought that now, EJ characters can no longer use General Chat.....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

I thought that now, EJ characters can no longer use General Chat.....
    They can not 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Correct - EJ can go into Help channel which also has the gold seller guy (whatever his name is now). Good reason to pony up the $13 a month (or just don't be in chat unless you need to ask something).
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    In todays world anybody threating to kill people in REAL or take their own life should have all their info turned over to local authorities period
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Some posts, and a name, have been removed. The behavior described is in breach of EAs Rules of Conduct, and should be reported.

This discussion has been closed.