Revisited 3rd Party Programs List ?

Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
Any news on when we can expect to see a "revisited" 3rd Party Program list?

I'd read @Mesanna & @Kyronix were looking at revisiting the list. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything else about it. This is probably the biggest curiosity for UO I've had in a long time. Not trying to rush anyone, I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything. :)

I'm dying to see which direction this one goes ! lol

Comments

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Hopefully for the better and all those 3rd party programs that are being used by like 90% of the pvp players become bannable.  This needs to be done to clean this game up so decent players get a chance at more quality gaming experience.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It is being worked on, let us wait until they publish a list then we’ll talk about it. I have no idea also about how things will work, does it mean they will ban people who don’t stick to the list? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It means that with the little secret file they placed in the Classic client a long time ago,which we all agreed to which tells them exactly who's using what, that they may start enforcing that gigantic list of tagged accounts.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Yeah? Do I get some kind of award for competing all this time with only uoassist? I’d love to see the egg on some people’s faces if true colours were revealed. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited May 2018
    Mervyn said:
    let us wait until they publish a list then we’ll talk about it. 
    Good idea. Should it be published in a News Letter? or in Publish Notes? or maybe in it's own Topic? I'd think we'd be able to find it on Stratics or Here ?

I didn't want to cause a debate or even talk abt it really. I was just curious where I should b looking for it when it drops. Don't want to miss it & I'm to lazy to go searching around.
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    When were any programs other than uo assist and uoam/cartographer ever approved?
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Dukarlo said:
    When were any programs other than uo assist and uoam/cartographer ever approved?

They never were.  But there's a tacit "approval" in the fact that nobody gets banned for using them, unless they're afk'ing with them.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    drcossack said:
    Dukarlo said:

They never were.  But there's a tacit "approval" in the fact that nobody gets banned for using them, unless they're afk'ing with them.

WRONG

http://www.uoguide.com/UOPro

Programs

There were 7 applications accepted into the program.

The final application, UO Calculator, is no longer available.

Bilbo said:
    drcossack said:
    Dukarlo said:

WRONG

Programs

And how many of those get used?  Auto-map got replaced by Cartographer, and I'd guess very few people use Journal Converter.  Magic Tool isn't necessary because you haven't needed to keep track of regs since AoS.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865

I'll just leave that there.

@drcossack ; is referring to anything outside the list.

Many players seem to be using them over the last several years because they go unpunished unless they're AFK when a GM response to a page against them. 

It has nothing to do with an "illegal program", and it should have everything to do with it.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    drcossack said:
    Bilbo said:
    drcossack said:
    Dukarlo said:

WRONG

Programs

And how many of those get used?  Auto-map got replaced by Cartographer, and I'd guess very few people use Journal Converter.  Magic Tool isn't necessary because you haven't needed to keep track of regs since AoS.
    LOL It does not matter if they were used by you or not the fact is once again you are proven wrong but in your UO, only what you think is the way UO really is.
    Bilbo said:LOL It does not matter if they were used by you or not the fact is once again you are proven wrong but in your UO, only what you think is the way UO really is.

Actually, Frodo, it does.  The programs I'm referring to: ******, *****, and the recently developed *****.  They do not ban you for using any of them (I've used the second one when multiple Devs were around and they never did anything.  Mesanna herself has said she's able to detect when they're used and how long ago the player used them), unless you're using them to afk train skills or farm.
    Can you even blame someone for cheating? Someone sent me a video of them using a Speedhack, (one was even posted on these official forums) there’s a speeder that makes the horsy legs move double speed as a side effect, he basically said it’s used to move the same speed as Enhanced Client, as are many features used to do things EC does. 

On Stratics they don’t let you talk about 3rd party apps at all but they allow links to Pinco’s UI which has the biggest cheat script I’ve ever seen in my life of automatically taking you out of combat when bloodoathed. 

The system is an omnishambles. We’re in desperate need of a list and rules. Whether or not they’ll enforce it I don’t know. 

I mean what do they say to a paying customer who says they’re using a speeder to make 2d client same speed as 3D? 

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2018
    UO Curse Tool - Spout profanity the Old English way
    UO Journal Converter - A useful tool for handling saved Journal files

Oh these two I loved when I was playing back in 2000-2008.  When I came back I was looking for them, but alas Curse I cannot get to work and the Journal Converter will not download, I been able to get around it but really wish it would download and work.  Now Curse was fun, GOD was it fun.  I love it.

UOAssist - The must have the program to play the Classic Client with
    UO Auto-Map - A mapping application for UO

These I am using today still

UO Magic Tool - A tool to keep track of Reagents and cast spells
    UO Spawn Map - Helps you locate specific monsters and spawning areas

The Magic Tool I did use before LRC, still it would be useful for a scribe, but UOA does the same thing, never missed with the Spawn Map one and I used that little UO Calculator all the time back in the day.  I wish I still had it now.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    @Kyronix this issue needs to be addressed immediately. Literally all major pvp guilds are cheating now. Unless you guys have approved them and I'm just not in the loop here. What is my incentive for playing a game where a large portion of the population I am playing with is using cheats?

Speed hacking, third party scripting programs, modified user interfaces with illegal changes, packet pushing, the list goes on... should I just give up my hopes for a fair and even playing field? 

I literally had one guy tell me that its just part of the 'strategy' of UO, to either get smart or just get left in the dust. And yeah he plays ATL and claims to be 'The greatest of all time', ill let you guess who it is. lol. 
    @ Kyronix this issue needs to be addressed immediately. Literally all major pvp guilds are cheating now. Unless you guys have approved them and I'm just not in the loop here. What is my incentive for playing a game where a large portion of the population I am playing with is using cheats?

Speed hacking, third party scripting programs, modified user interfaces with illegal changes, packet pushing, the list goes on... should I just give up my hopes for a fair and even playing field? 

I literally had one guy tell me that its just part of the 'strategy' of UO, to either get smart or just get left in the dust. And yeah he plays ATL and claims to be 'The greatest of all time', ill let you guess who it is. lol. 

Let me guess, it's a guy who named himself after a Batman villain (well, for him, I believe it's a Star Wars reference.)  I had a guy tell me last night that *** **** ******* doesn't make a difference.  I countered with the same thing I said to the guy you're referring to: "If these programs didn't make a difference, nobody would ******* use them."

Cheating's always gone on in UO.  I've fought guys using them even back in the day.  Major difference: Back then, the ToS was enforced and the GMs ACTUALLY banned people for it...where it wasn't always just for a 1 or 2 day ban.

The programs themselves haven't been approved outside of the fact that nothing gets done about it.  When a player can use them in the presence of the ENTIRE dev team during a Meet & Greet, or even in the presence of one on Test Center (me with Kyronix when I went to look at the Shadowguard changes, on all 3 of my accounts), when they, as the developers, can easily detect that these programs are running, there's a major problem with the game.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2018
    They're not going to reply to this topic, just like they're not going to reply to my Grizzled Mare thread, yes they both have equal importance......to me :P 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    The funny part, to me, is that casting and running with the unmentionable programs is still slower than EC.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Hopefully for the better and all those 3rd party programs that are being used by like 90% of the pvp players become bannable.  This needs to be done to clean this game up so decent players get a chance at more quality gaming experience.
     The problem is that there are maybe 5 or 6 people for me to fight against on most of my shards. Take %90 away and im left with fuck all to do
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2018
    This is just gonna end like the castle contest.

It is soooo easy to open your mouth and say "we will publish a new list soon".

Then they start and realize there are details. Oh snap! Only hot air.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2018
    @ Kyronix this issue needs to be addressed immediately. Literally all major pvp guilds are cheating now. Unless you guys have approved them and I'm just not in the loop here. What is my incentive for playing a game where a large portion of the population I am playing with is using cheats?

Are you suggesting to make the cheats legal? Or do you think they will stop using those tools when they don't make it on the list? Outcome is the same in each case: They will keep using those programs.

BS could enforce ToS on them though and just ban their accounts, but for what gain? It probably just gonna kill the whole UO PvP thing and just cost them money. You might not like it, but that "one guy" seems to be spot on.

Uo has many strong points. PvP is not. UO PvP is fubar compared to fun PvP in other games. PvPers will tell you otherwise though. That's why all the kids are sweating UO Yew gate instead of Fortnite all day long :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    No for closed sources 3rd app.