There is some problems communicating with Origin. Please restart UO and try again....

usernameusername Posts: 690
edited July 2022 in General Discussions
I'm having some troubles logging in. Sometimes it takes up to 10 attempts but finally goes through. Started maybe a week ago. Am fully patched and did a full file check. Happens with both cc/ec. 

I surely can't be the only one getting this? Help?
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,798
    Are you running a VPN?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• usernameusername Posts: 690
    Are you running a VPN?
    Nope. No hardware/software changes or anything.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited July 2022
    only thing i can think of then is your firewall is blocking it, but not telling you it is blocking it.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    username said:

You are.  Turn off your virus program and try.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    only thing i can think of then is your firewall is blocking it, but not telling you it is blocking it.
    Hmm, perhaps a Windows update did some goofy things. 

Fresh install of UO and it's still doing it. Haven't touched any settings anywhere else... pfsense box, pihole, windows settings, etc. Heard a few other players are having the issue and this has happened years ago so I'll just wait till it gets fixed on Broadswords end.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    How is your internet service to the server
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    What are they going to fix?  Did you turn off your virus program and try to log in?
    If this was a broadsword issue there would be many posts and Atl looked pretty full tonight.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • username said:
    I'm having some troubles logging in. Sometimes it takes up to 10 attempts but finally goes through. Started maybe a week ago. Am fully patched and did a full file check. Happens with both cc/ec. 

Use a VPN. I had the exact same problem, which also affected my ability to login to other games like Elder Scrolls Online. Activating a VPN instantly fixed it. I can reliably connect to UO and ESO through a VPN, but as soon as i de-activate the VPN, i start having problems connecting again.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    That happens to me when I try logging in during server refresh
  • This feels like an extreme version of something everyone experiences. Is it always at the same or similar time? Do you restart your machine?
  • looploop Posts: 301
    I’ve been seeing this occasionally as of last week or so as well, but on the EC the error just shows as “Connection Lost”. It tends to go through after 3 or 4 tries, however. No specific indications that my internet is on the fritz but haven’t looked into it too much.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I have been collecting the pixie lanterns and had the client crash a few time with a tiny window saying “Fatal Error” never seen that before
    I have had the same problem your having and I just update everything restart comp and modem and do a fill check usual fixes it 
    edited July 2022
    Pawain said:
    What are they going to fix?  Did you turn off your virus program and try to log in?
    If this was a broadsword issue there would be many posts and Atl looked pretty full tonight.
    As I have said, I can still log in but it is just annoying and sometimes takes several attempts.

Also, I have not changed anything on my end. The issue started a week or two ago with a small patch. I logged in just fine until I relogged/patched. Likely the patch for the pixie lanterns.

Thank you for your wonderful and helpful input as always. It's always nice to repeat what I have already said because you didn't feel like reading it.

edited July 2022
    loop said:
    I’ve been seeing this occasionally as of last week or so as well, but on the EC the error just shows as “Connection Lost”. It tends to go through after 3 or 4 tries, however. No specific indications that my internet is on the fritz but haven’t looked into it too much.
    Yep that's what I get too. Seems there are a few people that I have talked to in game that are having this issue and it started with the last small patch maybe a week or two ago. Might be some sort of issue with changing the login server address and regional DNS/routing to them or something on Broadswords end/hosting. Either way, I can promise you that nothing has changed on my end so *shrug* 

Not a huge deal either way, I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, just annoying.

username said:
    loop said:
    Yep that's what I get too. Seems there are a few people that I have talked to in game that are having this issue and it started with the last small patch maybe a week or two ago. Might be some sort of issue with changing the login server address and regional DNS/routing to them or something on Broadswords end/hosting. Either way, I can promise you that nothing has changed on my end so *shrug* 

Not a huge deal either way, I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, just annoying.
    yeah, it could be a bad hop between you and the servers and it will eventually get fixed. 

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    How old is your router?  After moving to another state and getting stuff from a new internet provider I think UO worked ok for awhile but then I think when UO did file maintenance the game just got worse and worse with lots of lost connections.  Had a problem quite similar to the one you described.  Called my provider and was told they gave me an older router.  My provider took the old stuff back and gave me an up to date router and modem.  That resolved the issue although not overnight.

Also, don’t overlook your mouse if it is old.  I started to have a lot of problems putting stuff in and out of my pack, and generally playing the game.  After much colorful language directed at UO, I replaced the mouse with a bigger one because my hand was starting to hurt.  Problem solved.  The old mouse really appeared to be working fine and it had a new battery. Really thought it was UO’s problem but since the new mouse eliminated the problem it had to be the mouse.

Wish you luck solving your problem with UO. Know how frustrating it can losing connection at a critical time and then waiting forever to get logged back on.