Wall of stone script client discrepancy

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited May 2022 in PvP / VvV
"(Unofficial client users have a script as standard to automatically place a wall of stone infront of players actively used on prodo shards) But even if wall of stone is placed manually, on both unofficial client and Enhanced client if you hit the top or the bottom of the wall, so 2 out of the 3 tiles -you will automatically run around the wall. But on classic client official you get the snap back effect that you encounter on the front of houses you're not accessed to on ALL 3 tiles., this gives an unfair disadvantage to those on official classic client over the other 2 clients.
Request to change the wall of stone to act like solid object (EG hitting rear or side of house, so remove snap - back effect) to even out client discrepancy between the 3 clients on use on production shard.

Disclaimer: posting fault with official client is NOT an advertisement nor endorsement for unnamed unofficial client as EC has the same behaviour as unofficial client"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    “Also if a player targets you with a wall script, this should flag as is a very hostile act. “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    A wall of stone, being a mage's manifestation of a stone wall, should itself be as solid as the object it imitates and thus should not incur the rubberbanding effect that it currently does. However unless they give it some sort of AoE effect, there isn't really a way to make it flag as a hostile action. Given the dev team's apparent unwillingness to reach out to the third party client developers and work on a protocol of client authentication, despite the third party client developers stating that they would be more than willing to work on such a thing with the developers, the only real in-house solutions our devteam would more than likely be capable of coming up with are 1. give wall of stone a short cooldown (2-4 seconds for example) or 2. Simply deleting the spell completely.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Or just block illegal progs like YOUR SUPPOSED TO in your TOS.

Just spitballing here...  :D
  • JohnJohn Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "(Unofficial client users have a script as standard to automatically place a wall of stone infront of players actively used on prodo shards) But even if wall of stone is placed manually, on both unofficial client and Enhanced client if you hit the top or the bottom of the wall, so 2 out of the 3 tiles -you will automatically run around the wall. But on classic client official you get the snap back effect that you encounter on the front of houses you're not accessed to on ALL 3 tiles., this gives an unfair disadvantage to those on official classic client over the other 2 clients.
    Request to change the wall of stone to act like solid object (EG hitting rear or side of house, so remove snap - back effect) to even out client discrepancy between the 3 clients on use on production shard.

Disclaimer: posting fault with official client is NOT an advertisement nor endorsement for unnamed unofficial client as EC has the same behaviour as unofficial client"

You make this big post about the wall script but you and your guild use it just as much as the next guild. Don’t try to act all high and mighty when you yourself use it. And please don’t try and say you don’t…
  • BarneyBarney Posts: 20
    Not sur about scripting, but the wall of stone should not cause rubberbanding off the wall. If if does then it has become a temporary server side item on the map and could be abused by many oher bugs which have not been seen in years.
    edited February 2023
    "I have max circle of transparency,

how someone can place a wall infront of me here? they must be very skillful at this game..

this is rubber banding very bad"

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2023
    Classic does rebound, and yes it is painful.

Enhanced does not rebound, and has an autorun round blockages function.

Assuming I was theoretically playing on a client that could autorun round blockages, I believe I would turn it off, because it becomes painful in other situations where there are many blockages, and you actually lose control of your characters running direction as autorun round blockages takes over... and sometimes takes you in the wrong direction.

And yes, once this function has been turned off, when you hit a wall or blockage, the ideal scenario would be that the character behaves as if it ran into a solid object and just stops, without rebounding.

I strongly believe this is possible...
    Client sided issue that the devs could easily patch with less than 5 minutes of work. Been emailed to them multiple times from several people since it began happening years ago. But the only reply has been something a long the lines of "players shouldn't have this sort of knowledge about the game, and since it's not obvious what you seek to gain from this we have to devote time to figuring it out ourselves. You could save us the time and just tell us how it personally benefits you."
    “I guess on the face of it, someone sends in an obscure report of walking into a wall of stone in felucca only has a little snap back effect (and front steps of house not accessed to) and on the face of it they might think..and????

because, developer never played PvP and so never been wall scripted and never tried to chase someone who run between houses who does not get snap back effect. They are not to know it will get you killed multiple times a day”

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    Why people still PVP in this game is beyond crazy. It's a game of 'Who can run more cheat programs'.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited March 2023
    username said:
    Why people still PVP in this game is beyond crazy. It's a game of 'Who can run more cheat programs'.
    Fact.
    "well, making the 2d client playable without cheats is a reasonable starting point to defeat that issue"
    I feel like the 2d client is perfectly playable. You're just going to be slower than everyone else due to the refresh rate difference, and if you don't expand the amount of memory it can access you're going to hit big lag spikes and frequent client crashes after running through luna.