IDEA _ For new Reward Item either through event or Vet rewards

I was brain storming the other day with my guild mates and came up with an idea out of the blue that Players could obtain a NPC for their house be it a Banker, Blacksmith what have you  Only one NPC per house  so this way for those players who want to have a player city could provide services of NPCs like going to a NPC City.   

I Do not know how well this would be taken by the player base or the Staff here at UO  but I thought I share it with you all

Nyre Lars of Catskills

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Would be cool.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Good idea 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm for and against this in context of a actual player town with multiple accounts involved yes yes yes but we have little need to interact these days having a bank at home would just lessen player interaction 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    There are problematic implications for something like this that we're not actually allowed to point out in any degree of detail, the fuhrer's will call it a violation of ToS and delete your post.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    gay said:
    There are problematic implications for something like this that we're not actually allowed to point out in any degree of detail, the fuhrer's will call it a violation of ToS and delete your post.

Exactly. I have no idea how I have over 6000 posts with less than 10 being deleted. 

I did not notice banker in the list.  That one should not be included. Maybe?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited July 2022
    I wont say further, I already tried. Mariah deleted the comment, stating it was in violation of the ToS. Yet has been so far incapable of actually detailing what part of the ToS was violated with my comment.

It's a shame that the very same biased moderation tactics that were ultimately the failure leading to the eventual downfall of stratics have been carried over to the official forums. I guess that's what happens when you ask people to moderate your forums and being as negligently oppressive as possible is the only way they've ever known how to moderate.

Sure would be nice for us, the players with vested interests in this game's success, to be actually able to have a conversation regarding the pros and cons of specific ideas. You know, like reasonable adults?
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    I remember Richard once saying years ago that the development of Ultima Online was made maifest with player interaction woven into the very nature of the game. As cute as this idea of bankers and such is to game loners like myself, it goes against the idea of promoting player interaction to build success. It will further degrade the original goal of the game, just as vaults, house safes, commissioned vendors and insurance have.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    When my husband and I first started playing, we had a little 7x7 in town of Brit along the mountains where we sold all the tools for those passing by. At another point, I set up a dilapidated hotel that had some "traveling vendors" a smith, a mage, a tailor, that sold various items. and don't forget "the barkeep deed" You could technically recreate anything along those lines and could click the button to keep them off vendor search. As far as depositing money, it is easy enough to drop money onto a vendor and then "deposit" the money through their menu. You could theoretically never go into town again. The biggest downfall to any player run town is commitment. No matter how many plots and people you have, just like real life, things will change.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    I would like to see the veteran reward system finally provide for Custom Castles or Keeps, say after 10 years of play.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2023
    gay said:
    I wont say further, I already tried. Mariah deleted the comment, stating it was in violation of the ToS. Yet has been so far incapable of actually detailing what part of the ToS was violated with my comment.

It's a shame that the very same biased moderation tactics that were ultimately the failure leading to the eventual downfall of stratics have been carried over to the official forums. I guess that's what happens when you ask people to moderate your forums and being as negligently oppressive as possible is the only way they've ever known how to moderate.

Sure would be nice for us, the players with vested interests in this game's success, to be actually able to have a conversation regarding the pros and cons of specific ideas. You know, like reasonable adults?
    You make a lot of insinuations, which to me look completely unfounded.

Just say what you want to say, stop beating around the bush. You're being a Queen.

I'm genuinely interested in what you want to say, and keep hinting you know, but then pull back from saying, is it because it is nothing, or is it really that bad?