What's happened ?

FextheElfFextheElf Posts: 31
edited July 2022 in General Discussions
Hi sorry i write here because i didn't understand why they say the event will end on 4th of july and they removed the curio collector today ?
Nowhere they tell when the egg hunt will be ended and they removed it without any info for the players.
This is a matter i noticed on several events ...they don't advice when they remove it.
I ask more info for player to improve their gameplay and i ask they don't stop events without a previous public advice.
This is the 3rd time i find myself with trashy items from past quest that ended without a notice

ty for reading

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    They said the points were good through the 4th

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This is not without notice:

The dungeon is active till 4th, as indicated by the NPC outside Destard, but the Spring Fever part of the content was always destined to end on 1st July.

• FextheElfFextheElf Posts: 31
    ok ty but it was on march before easter and people was thinking for that quests

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Mariah said:
    This is not without notice:

The dungeon is active till 4th, as indicated by the NPC outside Destard, but the Spring Fever part of the content was always destined to end on 1st July.

I mean "on or about" and then stating the other part ends on the 4th is misleading at best.  I dont have a lot riding on this and im not willing to die on this hill, but a notice not from March would have been nice...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have to admit this is the goofiest game I have ever played! The event ends on July 4th except no not all of the event is part of the event.  To say the egg collecting which dovetails with drop collecting is not related to the drop collecting event is just ludicrous.  I know at least several players that now have hundreds of worthless adorned eggs because they thought they had until July 4th to turn them in.  Guess they didn’t get the memo from 3 months ago with the approximate ending date.  But, we all get the message board when we log on with the moving to Fel message from April which apparently is more important for us to know than the ending date of the event that is not part of the event.

Would have something less negative to say if the curio collector was still there a few days after ending the spawn.  Have not confirmed he is gone but he was there for a few hours after it ended so even though I thought he would be there until the fourth I thought to myself “this is UO” and turned in my remaining eggs for three more ingots.  Glad that I did.

Really though UO have to really wonder did any of you realize the egg collecting part of the game ended on June 30th?  Don’t think you did either.  And, really don’t understand why you took him down so soon.  Will feel really stupid if he is there when I log on tonight and will take most of this back.  But if he is not and you at UO are actually interested in having this game continue, you really need to get a player oriented coordinator on your staff to coordinate the game because it is now very apparent the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.  Cannot believe this outcome was intended by anyone on UO’s staff.  If it had been, cannot believe no one would would have thought to warm the players.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited July 2022
    Ouch. Two different dates. I bet there are some players who only saw the dungeon date and still have a ton of eggs. 

One player I was talking to yesterday just turned in his eggs. He had over 500 ingots from that batch. I wonder if he knew or was just lucky. 

My grand total was 7 eggs picked up off the ground.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I suggested at the beginning of the event that perhaps on or about was vague and bound to cause trouble but of course was shot down i still can't comprehend why wanting clear communication from the developers is so frowned upon by the players...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    I suggested at the beginning of the event that perhaps on or about was vague and bound to cause trouble but of course was shot down i still can't comprehend why wanting clear communication from the developers is so frowned upon by the players...
    But you chose not to warn posters when the 1st was near.  So communication did not help those that forgot or did not see it.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    But you chose not to warn posters when the 1st was near.  So communication did not help those that forgot or did not see it.
    So it's the players responsibility to do the developers job?
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    So it's the players responsibility to do the developers job?
    Maybe be more helpful than critical.

Both dates were announced. The Spring one is on the Splash screen.  The Devs did their job.
    On or about..
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I thought I had until the 4th. What is the point of one ending 3 days before the other, especially since one ties into the other (eggs turn in for fey wrath ingots)?  

Put dates on all event NPCs. 

Make a post on the forum about events ending. 

Make a post on the site about events ending. 

Maybe even send an email. 

Oh yes here were are again on the poor communication topic. Classic!
  • *kinda long so bold is tl;dr*
    They for sure need to start making posts about events ending. Not everyone goes and scours all the posts they make for every little detail and adds it to their calendar.  

A week before an event ends there should simply be a post on UO.com that says "Such and such event ending in 1 week. You will no longer be able to *whatever it is that's being removed*" This should also be viewable on the patch screen (I think all news is just making sure to mention it)

It's not like UO has so much going on that this would be a burden.

Also, come to think of it, they should be posting their Meetup QAs on the news page also. Like a transcript of it, not all the BS, just the question and answer part so other people can stay informed not just people who go to QA's or scour Stratics.

Same with the newsletter. Why that's not just a front-page post I have no idea.  Again, its not like there is so much that goes on that this would result in too many posts.

I personally have no desire to have to read the news page, read Stratics (or attend a QA), and look for newsletters, just to know what's going on in the game. Just put it where it should be, the front page of the website.
    It's easy to say Mcdougle and his disgruntled complaints. How many voices are needed?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Ya I thought the turn in was until the 4th stock with over 1000 eggs now lol 
    Think really easiest resolution here is to put the curio vendor back up so players could turn in their eggs.  Surprised the event ended when it did but more surprised the curio vendor came down.  Usually think most of these characters stay up for a short time after event ends although not always.  But given the ending date was only alluded to and not actually given think that would be fair.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2022
    Stop defending for the Devs.

We don't need excuses. 

We just need them to listen to what we want. 

And go in change the date to 4th July.

Paid job for one man that can be done in 10 secs.

This thread has thousands of words just to help him save 10 secs for making changes to a liner code.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited July 2022
    So they need to tell us the date then tell us the date again then tell us the date again. Then repeat daily.

Is this daycare?

Would make it easy for them. No time to work on new content so nothing is done but a daily warning about dates they already gave us.
    edited July 2022
    .???.  Don’t see any evidence they ever clarified a date.  Just an on or about statement.  Even the scripters were caught by surprise.   Don’t remember what they did in the past but don’t think ending date was ever a surprise or an issue.

Pawain said:
    So they need to tell us the date then tell us the date again then tell us the date again. Then repeat daily.

Is this daycare?

Would make it easy for them. No time to work on new content so nothing is done but a daily warning about dates they already gave us.
    How is on or about a date ?? Now the turn in guy he has a date July 4th why would anyone assume on or about means a separate date 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:

Is this daycare?

No one asked for a daily reminder.

They said something like 3 months ago and nothing since, as it seems.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    dvvid said:
    Pawain said:

Is this daycare?

No one asked for a daily reminder.

They said something like 3 months ago and nothing since, as it seems.  
    Can't you see why BS doesn't do anything. Because some in the community keeps saying it's ok it's alright, all you players are asking too much. The game dev doesn't need communication and broken links are OK
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    Simple solution, if the devs could put just the quest guy back by the dungeon so eggs for that part of the event can be turned in.  

The egg quests for the candle and such can go still, since most people are just collecting for the destard ingots. 

I don't see a problem with the quest guy by destard staying till July 4th after all its a shared/joined quest line, if you know what I mean  :)

Thank you devs by the way for the nice eggs/open concept way to get the event items :) 
     YAY hats off to you all  :) :) 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I haven't done eggs actively since this whole arc started but would agree with most that the Curio should have been up as long as the turn-in vendor was OR there should have been some sort of message on the website that "Curio will be packing up his stuff by 7/1". 

Giving an estimate date back in March and then saying nothing else since really May about this event (and all the issues) is a bit concerning. Any project team should be giving monthly updates/communication as a bare minimum. We haven't seen a newsletter or any update in over 3months now so it's understandable to see why people would feel a bit surprised about the Curio leaving.
  • DJSandmanDJSandman Posts: 15
    should we save the eggs we did not turn in? (I also thought we had till July 4th) Will they do this event again next year? If Broadsword sets the Eggs event in 2023 I hope they do something about the "bots"
    I would hold them at least until the fourth just in case three curio collector reappears.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Arnold7 said:
    I would hold them at least until the fourth just in case three curio collector reappears.
    They should but they won’t 
  • *sighs* Yes, the team is bad at telling us stuff. That's one universal in this game. But we also need to learn to read and mind what they do actually tell us. That's another universal.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    *sighs* Yes, the team is bad at telling us stuff. That's one universal in this game. But we also need to learn to read and mind what they do actually tell us. That's another universal.
    I am so guilty of not finding or seeing info that's in front of me. I don't think that's going to change. I am not the girl to send down the cereal aisle in search of Cheerios. 

IT.png 332.7K
    Thats me at home depot.