Necro mastery??

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
edited March 2022 in Skills and Stats
Can someone walk me through how to use command undead?
Any value in conduit ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Command undead is a “spell” that works similar to taming… cast the spell and target the undead critter you wish to command.  Like taming sometimes it succeeds and the critter will obey and sometimes it fails and you get attacked.

Unfortunately it is very buggy.  Commanded critters aren’t bonded so you can’t recall with them and they often disappear when going through moongates.  Also, if you lose connection for any reason they poof.

This mastery would be much improved if they acted like bonded pets until released or the character timed out of the game.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Merus said:
    Command undead is a “spell” that works similar to taming… cast the spell and target the undead critter you wish to command.  Like taming sometimes it succeeds and the critter will obey and sometimes it fails and you get attacked.

Unfortunately it is very buggy.  Commanded critters aren’t bonded so you can’t recall with them and they often disappear when going through moongates.  Also, if you lose connection for any reason they poof.

This mastery would be much improved if they acted like bonded pets until released or the character timed out of the game.
    So if i raise a skeletal dragon i can possibly command it or can you use on say reverent lion ?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited March 2022
    I don’t know the list of critters it works on, but I do believe it is limited to naturally spawning ones… for example you can use it on a spawned skeletal dragon but not on an animated skeletal dragon.
    Merus said:
    I don’t know the list of critters it works on, but I do believe it is limited to naturally spawning ones… for example you can use it on a spawned skeletal dragon but not on an animated skeletal dragon.
    Awesome thanks
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’ve never found conduit to be that worthwhile. If anyone has a good use for it, I’d like to know. I often find other masteries in my necro characters to be more effective (parrying, mace, swords, magery for example)
  • dvvid said:
    I’ve never found conduit to be that worthwhile. If anyone has a good use for it, I’d like to know. I often find other masteries in my necro characters to be more effective (parrying, mace, swords, magery for example)

Conduit has some interesting interactions with Poison Strike. Poison Strike will deliver a larger burst of damage to the main target, and has splash damage that delivers lesser damage to nearby targets. Conduit will make every target in the radius get hit by the main Poison Strike burst, which causes multiple splash damage effects to go off as well, essentially acting like a Poison Strike cluster bomb. A pity though that Poison Strike isn't affected by Slayer Spellbooks :/
  • Have you tested that?  You might be surprised by the lack of results 
    As long as vampiric embrace works no one cares if the rest of necro is broken..
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    McDougle said:
    As long as vampiric embrace works no one cares if the rest of necro is broken..
    That's not too far off the mark, I think.  I was once a very avid supporter of the Necromage.  I have since dropped most of my characters' Necro down to 40 and just use Spirit Speak to boost their Wraith Form.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Wraith form, high spirit speak, mage mastery death ray and the appropriate slayer book equals tremendous damage when whatever you are fighting is stationary and not attacking you.
    Arnold7 said:
    Wraith form, high spirit speak, mage mastery death ray and the appropriate slayer book equals tremendous damage when whatever you are fighting is stationary and not attacking you.
    Ah but for the most part casters seem to draw the spawn I've asked for slayer talisman for casters I've asked for improved aoe attacks etc but get shot down 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes the more intelligent paras know who is doing the most damage. But when it works it’s hard to beat.  Found it very effective on bosses.  Sometimes a retreat is called for but usually after healing I can get back in and use it again.  Key is to heal quickly making sure your health is near maximum most of the time.
    I use two accounts my disco tamer with RC beetle world bring the paragons to door then my sdi tamer with naga would attack with death ray highly effective.