Does sticky skin work

Thinking of adding to a pet but uo.cah advises against???
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2022
    It does but it is not easy to see results and probably does not last long.
    Sticky Skin (Mana Cost 5)
    Trains the creature in the Sticky Skin special ability, causing a reduction in attack speed to attackers.

This one also works but Dang!  the Mana cost!

Aura of Nausea (Mana Cost 100)
    Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defense chance and faster casting.

Anything that does not do damage increase damage or reduce resists to the target is not a good choice on general use pets.  Instead of using that move, a pet could use AI and cause damage and reduce the targets stamina which decreases the targets attack speed.  Hard hits decrease a mobs or pets Stamina.

@Mariah ; you have the word Defense spelled as Defence in the Nausea one.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm looking at tank builds as part of my two account paragon slaying team any debuffs etc considered 
    edited June 2022
    On a pet the best defense is high damage offense.  AI hits will lower the targets stamina (permanently unless the target has regen) while doing high damage. Which reduces the targets swing speed. Also when a pet hits with high damage the target can miss/rethink its hit in progress. You can see that happen to pets when hit.

If you want a tank pet that also does damage and heals.
    Get a triton with more than 200 str and 126 wrestling
    Make this:

Have to plan the build to get it all on.

Or use a pet that reduces the targets Resists.
  • TynkTynk Posts: 41
    Pawain said:

Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defense chance and faster casting.

Have this on a Giant Beetle with Poison and RC, damn good as a group support pet and amazing how often it is up. When I used on Osiredon was a notible difference in healing needed and fight is about 10% quicker than with a pure RC beetle.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    Pawain said:

@ Mariah  you have the word Defense spelled as Defence in the Nausea one.

“That’s the English UK spelling, (could’ve been copy/pasted from something I wrote, but I don’t remember writing them)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2022
    Tynk said:
    Pawain said:

Have this on a Giant Beetle with Poison and RC, damn good as a group support pet and amazing how often it is up. When I used on Osiredon was a notible difference in healing needed and fight is about 10% quicker than with a pure RC beetle.
    I have it on my Naj along with poison and AI.  It works great on Zippy.  I doubt you could use it on a pet with Chiv because their mana is always below 100.  So a Beetle is also a good idea since they are not Mana hogs.

He was toying with making a Beetle with Battle Defense and RC.  In theory that would be tanky and help the weapon user.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Tynk said:
    Pawain said:

I have it on my Naj along with poison and AI.  It works great on Zippy.  I doubt you could use it on a pet with Chiv because their mana is always below 100.  So a Beetle is also a good idea since they are not Mana hogs.

He was toying with making a Beetle with Battle Defense and RC.  In theory that would be tanky and help the weapon user.
    Would it be possible to have all three ? Rc bd and aura of nausea?
    No Because Battle Defense puts Disarm and Paralyze on the pet so it would exceed the ability caps.