Serious Question for the Mods or Dev's

I am not trying to cause any trouble at all, this is a serious question.
Why are the Dev's no longer answering anything?
I see many many posts here where people ask them to give us a feedback or answer on a specific matter and nothing.

Than Moderators tell us to email Mesanna directly.
Well I done that myself at least 4 to 5x and no one bothered to answer and yes, I will mention that I am not using Hotmail or Outlook,  I mean, would be nice to have any type of answer.

I mean, lot of people on discord channels and icq group are losing the faith or whatever you want to call, for the lack of communication.  but situations where we really need to have some kind of answer, who do we need to contact @Mariah ?   I am honestly asking this, with no attacks or anything, Just really trying to get an answer on what do I need to do to contact someone and actualyy have an answer?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    In cases of extreme need, like screwed up account info that EA haven't been able to clear up, then contacting Mesanna may be needed as a last resort.
    In my experience the team mostly only post when they have something significant to say.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    “I don’t blame them,
    constant barrage of @ mentions,
    they prob can’t log in without it crashing as some people @ them on every post.
    Then anytime they do answer a question, it’s followed by a dozen follow up questions.

please let them get on with doing whatever it is they do, they are 4 years behind on bugs”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Yoshi said:
    “I don’t blame them,
    constant barrage of @ mentions,
    they prob can’t log in without it crashing as some people @ them on every post.
    Then anytime they do answer a question, it’s followed by a dozen follow up questions.

please let them get on with doing whatever it is they do, they are 4 years behind on bugs”
    That you trying to be incognito Bonnie?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I've suggested ways for the developers to communicate with us they have chosen to go underground realistically we can only hope higher ups are paying attention and will intervene 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    Devs are damned if they do and damned if they do not.  I can remember when the DEVs were very forthright with info and if it did not work as exactly as they said it would then the majority of players would roast them for it so they stopped and now you want them to start again knowing damn well what the outcome will be.  The DEVs asked what would be considered a classic shard and what a shit show that turned into.  There is really no right answer the DEVs can give because half the people will disagree with it and we will have yet another shit storm.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    They don't have to directly answer some debatable or tough issues like shard bound policy or how to block CC 3rd party scripts and bots.

But I think they owe us an explanation on  how they prioritize the most important and basic, foundation of all softwares we used today - such as this forum, operating systems, etc.

We are talking about BUGS.

Has anyone sent in a malfunctioning car and asked the mechanic, "I have this problem, when can you get this fixed?"

Reply is, "....". (silent)

4 years later you go back to the mechanic, with the same question.

Reply is, "....". (silent)

Yeah, we just left the car with the mechanic and still waiting for a reply when they will fix the car.

Then some guys will say, "hey don't keep asking the same question! You already asked 4 years ago!". Then they may even stick a tape on your mouth to shut u up.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I've done a lot of testing for a baseball game the developers would say we are looking at called ball fours on 3 and end counts vs the uo method we changed stuff secretly everything is fine now ....two hundred post later about called ball 4 on 3 and one counts being to high later a hot fix for hotdog vendors will be effective at each shards server maintenance...
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Every time this comes up I have the same question

Can anyone name a live game that give the kind of feed back the poster is asking for?

Not being sarcastic just wondering.
    Tim said:
    Every time this comes up I have the same question

Can anyone name a live game that give the kind of feed back the poster is asking for?

Not being sarcastic just wondering.
    Look at other games on say stratics...
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    They should just get a part time community manager to be a liaison between us and the devs. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,390
    dvvid said:
    They should just get a part time community manager to be a liaison between us and the devs. 
    Part Time ? 

With all the @ questions lol
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Skett said:
    dvvid said:
    Part Time ? 

With all the @ questions lol
    Part time would be a good start. 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 206
    Devs are damned if they do and damned if they do not.  

^^^  This. 

I find in any gaming community that there will be a toxic portion of membership that complain about not hearing enough from the developers - then on the other hand will jump all over them and just crap on everything they say when they the developers do respond.   Ultima is no different.   The UO development team is a relatively tight ship and they don't have the capacity to respond to every comment they're tagged on.   By all means, communication can be better and has room for improvement, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic changes in the near future. 
    Merlin said:
    Devs are damned if they do and damned if they do not.  

^^^  This. 

I find in any gaming community that there will be a toxic portion of membership that complain about not hearing enough from the developers - then on the other hand will jump all over them and just crap on everything they say when they the developers do respond.   Ultima is no different.   The UO development team is a relatively tight ship and they don't have the capacity to respond to every comment they're tagged on.   By all means, communication can be better and has room for improvement, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic changes in the near future. 
    Over dramatic finger pointing. anytime I've asked for and gotten a response (see my top hat ) I've accepted and moved on what's unacceptable is the continued lack of communication acknowledgement and accountability..
  • The UO dev team being kinda bad at communication is as old as UO, as is us complaining about their being bad at communication, whether they actually are being bad at it at the time or not.

Welcome to UO. Something is always horrible, all that changes is if it's their fault, our fault, or both.
    Let's look at how the current event coulda shoulda went
    Day one Origin oopps that pile doesn't look right 
    Day two still on Origin. We've made adjustments a,b,c please report results 
    Day 3 still on Origin (see the whole testing thing in action) ok everything looks better slight adjustment on b please report also fel now open 
    Days 4 and 5 fune tuning with the developers saying we've done this look for that 
    Boom release to production shards 
    The same pattern with eggs ...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    McDougle said:
    Day 3 still on Origin (see the whole testing thing in action) ok everything looks better slight adjustment on b please report also fel now open 
    Days 4 and 5 fune tuning with the developers saying we've done this look for that 
    They did change the dungeon 3 or four times. Why do they need to waste time posting it?

They did announce 2 of the changes and the fel part is still announced on the log in screen.  Maybe you are just too needy.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    They did change the dungeon 3 or four times. Why do they need to waste time posting it?

They did announce 2 of the changes and the fel part is still announced on the log in screen.  Maybe you are just too needy.
    They were as my grandmother would say closing the door after the horses got out... 
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    It has been a looooong time since we had someone who would regularly feedback to the players from the development team. Anyone remember Mr. Tact? As I remember he did a pretty consistent job of this. I remember a game breaking issue in the game that was brought to Mr. Tact's attention and the devs fixed it on a Saturday night. Mr. Tact was giving us updates and feedback on a regular basis.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 904
    WE need Crissay Brinkman back, and Derek for that matter, oh and Tim Cotton aka Draconi 100%