Egg Hunting Locations

I've been collecting eggs in my freetime since the Fey Wrath event began, and I collected a good amount of them, however, the amount of scripters running rampant right now has drastically reduced the amount of eggs I can collect. I've been coll

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Go on….
  • SanchiniSanchini Posts: 4
    I don't know why half my post is gone, but I was saying I've been collecting eggs at Skara Brae and 4 Tokuno islands, but scripters have all but made collecting a reasonable amount of eggs impossible. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other decent egg locations.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Sanchini said:
    I don't know why half my post is gone, but I was saying I've been collecting eggs at Skara Brae and 4 Tokuno islands, but scripters have all but made collecting a reasonable amount of eggs impossible. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other decent egg locations.
    That is why I posted my Thread "overall this fey event has been a fail for me...." 

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10816/overall-this-fey-event-has-been-a-fail-for-me#latest

The drop rate in Destard is too low, even with a good Luck suit, to make it worth the hassle with all the Paragons that pile up and the eggs could be a very nice alternative but, unfortunately, the scripters quite dominate their spawns..... it is hard to compete against scripters, sometimes even AFK who are not spending their time to gather the eggs, and maybe even multi-boxing and, thus, checking multiple locations at once thus reducing at a minimum the number of recalls needed...

And I end up recalling and recalling only to find empty locations, pretty much void of eggs...

As I said, this Fey Event, at least for me, has pretty much been a fail....
    popps said:
    Sanchini said:
    That is why I posted my Thread "overall this fey event has been a fail for me...." 

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10816/overall-this-fey-event-has-been-a-fail-for-me#latest

The drop rate in Destard is too low, even with a good Luck suit, to make it worth the hassle with all the Paragons that pile up and the eggs could be a very nice alternative but, unfortunately, the scripters quite dominate their spawns..... it is hard to compete against scripters, sometimes even AFK who are not spending their time to gather the eggs, and maybe even multi-boxing and, thus, checking multiple locations at once thus reducing at a minimum the number of recalls needed...

And I end up recalling and recalling only to find empty locations, pretty much void of eggs...

As I said, this Fey Event, at least for me, has pretty much been a fail....
    I'm more than aware of all that, this event's main accomplishment has been revealing just how much the people in charge of this game don't care about the players, at least from my perspective as a returning player.

With that said, I'm just looking to see if anyone knows of any other good spots to farm eggs, since nothing is being done about the rampant scripting that's completely taken over this event.
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 131
    Farmer's market Jhelom, Skara Brae, Vesper, Cove, Britain farms, Moonglow buildings far south west of island, south and southeast, Yew mostly south of the heartwood area in buildings with fields and the part west across the water, Jhelom farm via the teleporter in town. All Trammel and Felucca. Ocllo 2 buildings near the fields, New Haven fields and northwest are of island, I have 10 islands total in Tokuno, the desert near Zento also has eggs, but you often have to walk quite a bit, outside Luna southeast corner, Delucia north and east of town often on the near hills, east of Umbra, but you also often have to walk quite a bit.
    Drowy said:
    Farmer's market Jhelom, Skara Brae, Vesper, Cove, Britain farms, Moonglow buildings far south west of island, south and southeast, Yew mostly south of the heartwood area in buildings with fields and the part west across the water, Jhelom farm via the teleporter in town. All Trammel and Felucca. Ocllo 2 buildings near the fields, New Haven fields and northwest are of island, I have 10 islands total in Tokuno, the desert near Zento also has eggs, but you often have to walk quite a bit, outside Luna southeast corner, Delucia north and east of town often on the near hills, east of Umbra, but you also often have to walk quite a bit.
    Thank you a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to grab a boat and look around Tokuno some more, I tend to have pretty good look with spawns there.
    Drowy said:
    Just a note about Felucca.... some locations where eggs spawn, are NOT a Guard zone so, there is no coverage of Guards there for pkillers...

I do not hang out much in Felucca so, am not sure exactly which eggs spawn locations there are outside of Guard zone.... others who go to Felucca more frequently might be more detailed about which locations where eggs spawn in Felucca might not be Guard zones...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,050
    popps said:
    Drowy said:
    Just a note about Felucca.... some locations where eggs spawn, are NOT a Guard zone so, there is no coverage of Guards there for pkillers...

I do not hang out much in Felucca so, am not sure exactly which eggs spawn locations there are outside of Guard zone.... others who go to Felucca more frequently might be more detailed about which locations where eggs spawn in Felucca might not be Guard zones...
    So you do very little damage to mobs in the Dungeon and you do not go to scary places for eggs, no wonder this event is not getting the amount of drops that you want.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

Why afraid of Fel, when u have insurance.

Me thinks u worry too much.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

The same people who are afraid Fel will run back into the dungeon dozens of times to die 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

The same people who are afraid Fel will run back into the dungeon dozens of times to die 
    loll  :D
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

loll  :D
     :D it may help if the pker is named Greater Dragon...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    You may all ready be doing this but to compete you need to move from location to location fast.  Create runes for each island and each farm house.  If you don’t go to Felucca, put the runes as a set in the top rows of your backpack.  I have a set of 13, 2 islands and the rest farm houses.  I put my recall command in a hot bar just above the runes in the back pack.  On click to activate the recall command, one click on a rune.  Then click your way through the set fast as you can and grab the eggs as you go.  Some times get 10 to 14.  Some times just 4 or 5.  But it works.  Good luck with it.

it makes a difference with the farm.houses where you mark the rune.  Some inside some outside depending on where the eggs spawn most often.  I don’t do Fel.  If you go there you might want to insure the runes.
    edited June 2022
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

Perhaps because it is pointless to spend one's own time getting eggs only to then lose them all to someone else because attacked in Felucca outside of Guard Zone ?

Why should I benefit my time to someone else ?

And insuring all eggs one is carrying, costs gold points... and the insurance goes to the killer... again, why benefit someone else with my time spent in the game ?
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

But then, my in game gold goes to the game as insurance payment, not to some player killing me... it is quite different... why should I give my time worked in the game to someone who's intentionally playing to hurt my gameplay, if I may ask ?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    Oh, for crying out loud. But on a cheap LRC suit and head to Felucca.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    The Journeyman suit is great for that, you get killed and the pk's get nothing, lol
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    Archangel said:
    The Journeyman suit is great for that, you get killed and the pk's get nothing, lol
    Except your dignity, and possibly a marble sack.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

You don’t need to go to Felucca to collect eggs.  It’s up to you. Only advice I have if you do go there is to turn them in when you have ten and then turn in the ingot That way you won’t get killed with 50 of either one in your pack.  That’s what some of the bots do.  See the same bot three or four times when I am unloading.  The players doing the bots know how to maximize profits.  Learn from them.  
    Oh! Almost forgot.  Insure your runes if you go to Fel.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Archangel said:

"satisfaction is worth a million gold"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Yoshi said:
    Archangel said:

"satisfaction is worth a million gold"
    yes, the satisfaction of seeing a frustrated PK, lol
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    Seth said:
     :D it may help if the pker is named Greater Dragon...
    LOL FUNNY!!!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Drowy said:

Perhaps because it is pointless to spend one's own time getting eggs only to then lose them all to someone else because attacked in Felucca outside of Guard Zone ?

Why should I benefit my time to someone else ?

And insuring all eggs one is carrying, costs gold points... and the insurance goes to the killer... again, why benefit someone else with my time spent in the game ?
    If there is zero risk, then its not a game, lack excitement, thrill and fun. 

There is a win and lose for every game.

The gold lost for eggs is peanuts compared to the cost of the egg or the reward.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    It's pointless panicking about being pk'd in Fel when it might never happen. Most of the eggs I've gathered have been gathered in Fel - number of times I've been pk'd? Zero.
    edited June 2022
    It's pointless panicking about being pk'd in Fel when it might never happen. Most of the eggs I've gathered have been gathered in Fel - number of times I've been pk'd? Zero.
    Same here, I would be irritated with an opportunistic thief, but pker stand no chance in guarded Fel Brit and Yew farmland.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Seth said:
    Same here, I would be irritated with an opportunistic thief, but pker stand no chance in guarded Fel Brit and Yew farmland.
    I was a little upset to see eggs could be insured. They finally throw a thief a little doggie treat (not a full bone) and made it where insurance could ruin it. 
    Urge said:
    Seth said:
    I was a little upset to see eggs could be insured. They finally throw a thief a little doggie treat (not a full bone) and made it where insurance could ruin it. 
    Then u should be upset with 95% of the game, almost everything can be insured except containers and cursed.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Seth said:
    Then u should be upset with 95% of the game, almost everything can be insured except containers and cursed.
    That part i was used to