Why are European Idocs falling on US timelines???????

Mesanna REALLY????

So US idocs fall on US times

European idocs fall on US times

THATS JUST LAZY DEV's

SORT THA TO UOT

No way should a europa idocs be falling at 0300 BST.  

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They use Timex for their clocks?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    lol whatever they use its not BST!

• PromathiaPromathia Posts: 16
    Never realized europeans were just one big monolith that only play during the same hours.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    IDOCs are a mistake. Either delete all the contents or send it somewhere safe for a player to relcaim at a later time, perhaps by a store item that costs $x based on the amount of months you're gone.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Likely because UO is run by US companies and the account server that manages house decay is located in the US.  That would be my guess.
    Does the exact time that the billing ends have anything to do with it?

I know that is instant because one of my accounts expired.  I was in the house and was going back and forth and the next time I went back it would not let me in the house. Some excitement I did not need.  I updated the CC info and got in as soon as it accepted.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Ive never heard of IDOCs being on “US time”…
    i see IDOCs timers on north america shards for like 3-5 am est all the time…
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Since the timer is 5,10 or 15 hours it's only 1/3 that will fall in the night for you rest will be fine. If they changed the timer then you probably would complain that they fall during day time when you are at work.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    At 17.36 UK time today an image was posted in a Discord channel I use, The house pictured to fall in less than 4 hours. - that's around 9.30pm UK - Not US time.
    The last week there were idocs that I went to look at and as far as I know 0300 BST suits US players much better than European and UK players    
  • It has nothing to do with time zones - as it's been pointed out, IDOCs on US shards fall in the middle of the night all the time. I personally attended one at 2:00AM EST Monday night/Tuesday morning. It's not ideal, it's just how the chips fall.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    Europa server  Idoc falling tonight at approx 0300 UK time.  This is a joke and only facilitates US users. THIS IS A EUROPEAN SERVER AND ONCE AGAIN ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Europa server  Idoc falling tonight at approx 0300 UK time.  This is a joke and only facilitates US users. THIS IS A EUROPEAN SERVER AND ONCE AGAIN ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

your post can always be replace by ME, ME,ME WHY NOT ME, ME ,MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME,,,, ME MYSELF AND I
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It's my understanding that it is based off when the account expires not any time zone 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    It's my understanding that it is based off when the account expires not any time zone 
    And how hard would it be, for Broadsword, to "postpone" the falling to a time that is more convenient to the Time Zone of that given Shard's population, if I may ask ?

@Kyronix ?
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    And how hard would it be, for Broadsword, to "postpone" the falling to a time that is more convenient to the Time Zone of that given Shard's population, if I may ask ?

@ Kyronix ?
    Now if it was your home and they changed the time and you missed a last chance to save it you would write endless sonnets about the betrayal... a lot of idoc is messed up! this is working well leave it alone 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2022
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

@ Kyronix ?
    Now if it was your home and they changed the time and you missed a last chance to save it you would write endless sonnets about the betrayal... a lot of idoc is messed up! this is working well leave it alone 
    How is it working well when players post complaints that IDOCs fall at 3:00 AM or so in their Time Zone which prevents them from ever be able to attend an IDOC ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    And yet my guild mates attended an IDOC that fell at 4.30pm UK time yesterday. 
    They fall at any time on any server, as @JenniferMarie has already posted. If they ALL fell in the middle of the night you might have grounds to complain, but as they don't, and they also fall at inconvenient times on other servers, I can only suggest you keep better track of the announcements and attend the ones that fall during more convenient times.
    edited June 2022
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

@ Kyronix ?
    How is it working well when players post complaints that IDOCs fall at 3:00 AM or so in their Time Zone which prevents them from ever be able to attend an IDOC ?
    We if we'd read to understand rather than to react you would understand that the players who's house fell was probably not from Europe as they started and the sub ended on us time..
    And yet my guild mates attended an IDOC that fell at 4.30pm UK time yesterday. 
    They fall at any time on any server, as @ JenniferMarie has already posted. If they ALL fell in the middle of the night you might have grounds to complain, but as they don't, and they also fall at inconvenient times on other servers, I can only suggest you keep better track of the announcements and attend the ones that fall during more convenient times.
    No, European idoc should fall to suit US timeline period. Before the devs bodged it up instead of dealing with scripters they consistently fell between 4/6 pm UK time. 

• No, European idoc should fall to suit US timeline period. Before the devs bodged it up instead of dealing with scripters they consistently fell between 4/6 pm UK time. 
    Numerous people have already said this, and I'm going to repeat it since you seem to be missing it entirely:

IDOC times are based on the ACCOUNT that went inactive, not specific time zones. This is not an anti-Europe/pro-United States issue. It's an issue of people not paying to keep their account active.

~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    edited June 2022

Jack is correct here.

This issue was described in a youtube video

main summary:

• KazKaz Posts: 123
    I miss IDOCs all the time that are showing 3-4am EST.   This happens to all of us. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    someone's croonies must all be in ATL, easy as that.
    If it is posted in big letters, it must be true.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
     :D 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:
    Yup, Jack must be correct. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    CSeth said:
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:
    Yup, Jack must be correct. 
    Recognition at last. Thanks 
    Yet another stupidly timed idoc, Moonglow tram, Europa  2/3am, so thats not ideal for Atlantic US players no???????
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited June 2022
    It's not ideal for me (Eastern Time zone) because I do not play at 9-10pm and in that same tune, who is to say that others on Europa don't actually find that to be perfect because of their own schedule? That said, there was an ATL IDOC timed for 2/3am the other day... is that not ideal time for Europa?

What your argument boils down to is that anytime that YOU are not online is inconvenient and some sort of conspiracy against the shard when the truth is that houses fall on all shards similarly which sometimes better suits other shards at times. It is what it is. I could post the same thing you did about convenient times of IDOCs and EM Events they would all be between 6-8am EST... which makes about as much sense as what you are complaining about.
This discussion has been closed.