Vampiric Embrace Life Leech don't work on Event Paragons?

The life leech effect from Vampiric Embrace doesn't seem to work on the event paragons. Is this just me?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    That’s how it is unfortunately 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    yup, that's how they make 'em nowdays... luvly innit?
  • The "Treasures of " Event Paragons are indeed immune to Life Leech (imbued on weps) and Life Drain (Vampire Form or Curse Weapon). While this does indeed nerf Sampires against them, it breathes life back into the oldschool bandage Healing Warriors. A skilled player with a well geared Macer, can solo any of the Paragons from the events, including the current one. Get two bandage Healing warriors cross healing together, and they're damn near invincible.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    The "Treasures of " Event Paragons are indeed immune to Life Leech (imbued on weps) and Life Drain (Vampire Form or Curse Weapon). While this does indeed nerf Sampires against them, it breathes life back into the oldschool bandage Healing Warriors. A skilled player with a well geared Macer, can solo any of the Paragons from the events, including the current one. Get two bandage Healing warriors cross healing together, and they're damn near invincible.
    What if we add 2 x bard mastery, will that go over 200 HP, macing plus provo mastery :o
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 206
    edited June 2022
    With my sampire, I have found the key to killing paragons at these events and being able to leach back life is to group them up with another bunch of non-paragons before hitting whirlwind and rotating targets.  Also, Bushido Confidence is your friend, especially with the Mastery.  Keep activating it between whirlwinds every 4 seconds for that +100 HPR boost. 

PlayerSkillFTW 's comment is right on the money.  Work on timing up your healing to keep bandages constantly flowing and you will be tough to beat.  With another warrior to cross heal?  Fuggedaboutit.    It's a shame though that cross healing is somewhat of a lost art from the early days of UO, but I digress.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Cross healing is 100% a lost art. 

First issue is that it kind of makes you dependable on another player which kind of handcuffs you to playing together. This is the biggest reason I've tried to build characters that are 100% self efficient because the number of players I can/will play with has essentially dwindled down to zero. 

Second is, for this event specifically, that half the spawn can be taken out pretty easy solo so it could actually negatively impact your drop rates if running with a partner. Especially due to the fact that you have to run several screens to kill something. The cross heal worked wonders back around the time of Doom when you would cross heal someone as you beat on the DF but with something like this event it's way too mobile to be as effective.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:

First issue is that it kind of makes you dependable on another player which kind of handcuffs you to playing together. This is the biggest reason I've tried to build characters that are 100% self efficient because the number of players I can/will play with has essentially dwindled down to zero. 

Second is, for this event specifically, that half the spawn can be taken out pretty easy solo so it could actually negatively impact your drop rates if running with a partner. Especially due to the fact that you have to run several screens to kill something. The cross heal worked wonders back around the time of Doom when you would cross heal someone as you beat on the DF but with something like this event it's way too mobile to be as effective.
    Getting a heal or invis in general just seems to happen less often the result of a hurry and kill everything asap dungeon 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002 said:
    The dominance of Sampires in most content has a lot to do with that as well. Nowadays, bandy cross healing is like an ancient Chinese secret, where one must climb to a monastery at the highest peaks of the tallest mountain, and study under Greybeards to learn the ancient lost art of the Thu'um...*cough* errm, i mean cross healing.
    But yeah, you get a Macer and a Fencer together, both able to cross heal with bandages, and it's nuts. It's how you melee duo Exodus.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited June 2022
    Merlin said:
    With my sampire, I have found the key to killing paragons at these events and being able to leach back life is to group them up with another bunch of non-paragons before hitting whirlwind and rotating targets.  Also, Bushido Confidence is your friend, especially with the Mastery.  Keep activating it between whirlwinds every 4 seconds for that +100 HPR boost. 

For non-sampires, @ PlayerSkillFTW 's comment is right on the money.  Work on timing up your healing to keep bandages constantly flowing and you will be tough to beat.  With another warrior to cross heal?  Fuggedaboutit.    It's a shame though that cross healing is somewhat of a lost art from the early days of UO, but I digress.
    correct, paragons are better done when surrounded by other leechable critters... Also, since they are harder to hit, I try to be targeting one of the normal spawn, then in ww the parags also seem to get hit.. cuz if you're targeting the parag and miss hitting it, the AoE and the whirlwind seem not to engage.
  • Wow I feel dumb for never having noticed this. That explains a lot about how my one "stick and move" fighter out-performs my "slug it out" fighter. It's not, necessarily, that I don't have enough life leach but that life leach never kicks in as expected.

Granted I may still need to make far better use of whirlwind weapons but....Wow this explains a lot.

High time for my slugger to adapt, I guess.

I have no idea how this escaped me. Thank you for this thread.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,045
    Wow I feel dumb for never having noticed this. That explains a lot about how my one "stick and move" fighter out-performs my "slug it out" fighter. It's not, necessarily, that I don't have enough life leach but that life leach never kicks in as expected.

Granted I may still need to make far better use of whirlwind weapons but....Wow this explains a lot.

Every time you hit a paragon there is a message on the screen telling you that you fail to leech life.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 408
    edited June 2022
    Pawain said:
    Wow I feel dumb for never having noticed this. That explains a lot about how my one "stick and move" fighter out-performs my "slug it out" fighter. It's not, necessarily, that I don't have enough life leach but that life leach never kicks in as expected.

Every time you hit a paragon there is a message on the screen telling you that you fail to leech life.

Also dozens of other messages and I never noticed this one.

When stuff doesn't work for me my first, and often only, reaction is "what did I mess up and how can I do better," not "what game mechanic is off that's making what I'm doing not work."

EDIT: It also occurs to me that one would get that message, if it's the same message you get with many EM monsters, it's not every hit -- it's every hit when life leach triggers.