Gargoyles

Hi dev's, 

Please fix this:

Underthrown – If, while equipped, a weapon has a maximum range of six tiles, and a player throws at a player two tiles away (too close) they have a Hit Chance penalty of 12%, but no damage reduction.

Perfect – Maximum range of six tiles, thrown a distance of four tiles. No Hit Chance penalty, no damage reduction

Overthrown – Maximum range of six tiles, thrown a distance of six tiles. No Hit Chance penalty, but 47% damage reduction

It's possible to make the gargoyle useful ?
their choice of weapon is already quite limited. so if in addition you limit the shots...
@Mesanna @Kyronix

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2018
    Some people play this very effectively. Minda of Europa kills many with throwing.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited May 2018
    I wouldn't mind some adjustment in favor of throwers.  I sort of understand the limitations, though.  Archery had been the only ranged warrior weapon, and it used up ammunition.  Throwing is ranged, but does not use ammo.  So I think for balance with the archers, these limitations were put in place.  Also, the general range of throwing weapons is less than archery.  What the exact balance should be, I do not know.  I do have a couple of throwers, though, and I have not been too dissatisfied.

Oh, there is one thing archers can do that throwers cannot.  They have the Serpent Weapon special move, offering a poison attack.  Throwers cannot poison, so it would be nice if a new throwing weapon were added that offered either Serpent Weapon or Infectious Strike.  Still, the lack may not be totally unbalanced, because macers have no special poisoning move either.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    @Rock Archers can stock ammo on quivers which is Insured/Blessed so think it's quite equal and I don't think that the price of arrow/Bolts are a big problem... 
    There is a big limitation for gargoyle in PvP that's why nobody want to build one. 

@Mervyn ; this is case.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Rock said:
    Oh, there is one thing archers can do that throwers cannot.  They have the Serpent Weapon special move, offering a poison attack.  Throwers cannot poison, so it would be nice if a new throwing weapon were added that offered either Serpent Weapon or Infectious Strike.  Still, the lack may not be totally unbalanced, because macers have no special poisoning move either.
    Also the other thing (more pvp based) would be you dont need “balanced” on throwing weapons to be able to chug potions. So you are potentially getting an extra mod on the weapon.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Throwers are much better then archers in PvP right now.  I don't know what game your playing.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I agree with Higgs. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002