And yet STILL EJ scripters not being challenged

Comments

• TheoTheo Posts: 172
    TimSt said:
    You just need to be smarter than the scripters.  Find out which spawn spots they hit and in which order. When you see them at a particular spot recall to their next spot before they do and gather the eggs there.  That is what I do to one of the suspected scripters on Pac.
    Works great when there is one. Try Great Lakes with sometimes 3 and 4 scripters at once.  They run different patterns so trying to 'get ahead' is impossible. You can go through all the spots in Fel and Tram and find one maybe 2 eggs sometimes. It is relentless.  Making them spawn in known locations was a ridiculous idea.  Script heaven.  Especially since even in Fel they are in guard zones.  I'd like to kill said scripters but I get guard whacked. 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 172
    I just wish the dev team would admit what we know to be true - they literally can't afford to ban scripters since this game is basically abandonware so every one might as well script up.  UO has become battle of the bots. 
  • MetricanMetrican Posts: 2
    edited May 2022
    This entire event is in such a bad state.
    Violet said:
    TimSt said:
    You just need to be smarter than the scripters.  Find out which spawn spots they hit and in which order. When you see them at a particular spot recall to their next spot before they do and gather the eggs there.  That is what I do to one of the suspected scripters on Pac.I 
    I have a lot of friends who have made a game out of it for weeks. They have collected many many eggs while those few scripters have collected close to nothing. Heck, players are so predictable, they can even get ahead of players and do the same thing.

People need to adapt, but some would rather come to the forums and complain repeatedly instead. You aren't going to find any eggs on this forum.
    You have a lot of friends who think recalling around collecting eggs for hours on end is fun? No offense but your friendship group sounds boring as hell. I know everytime I beat a scripter to an egg my brain jiggles with excitement. There's no way I'd rather be in the dungeon dodging death, playing to my characters skills and playing with others. Not when there are eggs to snatch!

The point is, Destard was at least fun for a number of people. Gutting the spawn did nothing to make the event more fun or fair.

"Just adapt and don't give feedback"
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Well they can certainly keep up with the ding ding ding.... if they can give those who shed blood and tears a reward that is 10 times those who picked up from the floor.

How about guaranteed 10 drops per paragon if solo killed and at least 1 or more if shared?

Have any of the egg pickers ever touched a Shadow Wrym? It's OooOoOooOoo in just 3 or 4 seconds with my 75 - 80 resist warrior.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2022
    Oh... no, guaranteed drop from killing a paragon is unfair.

Maybe they should make the rewards from egg turn-in like Yukio. The turn-in should have a chance to reward 20 types of garbage, but if you are LUCKY you earn ONE minor arty. 1 in 20 chances of getting from the eggs turn in, not guaranteed.

Unfair? Hello, we killed hundreds at various locations just to spin the lottery once at Yukio. Some of us did 10 rounds before getting 1 precious drop.

Yukio should have been a 100% guaranteed drop while eggs turn in should be a lottery instead.

Also, anyone can sign up with a new EJ now and start getting productive with eggs. Just need 50 skills for recalling and marking and buy some cheap cursed +skills jewels with magery and med. 
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    When there are decent rewards to be bought, the event drops normally stay around 2-3 million each nearly until halfway through the event. That is even when there are plenty of mobs & a decent drop rate. The prices normally do not drop really low (around 1 mil) until the last couple of weeks when everyone has way more than what they need. This event is what maybe 3 weeks old and there are pages and pages of fey ingots on VS that are selling for 1.2 mil on our server. The market is literally flooded with them. It is both good and bad. Good for people who do not have time to play but with some money to spend. They get a deal. Bad because the event rewards should have some steady value from event to event. It just is good economy all around if that is the case. Soon the event rewards will be worth less than half what they normally are and there will be no real demand for them in the near future.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Some will blame Scripters for the lower cost.   I blame the reward quality vs past rewards.

Ice was an example of not many desired rewards.

All I know is there are some players who love to gather things in UO and they are in Heaven right now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Seth said:

Maybe they should make the rewards from egg turn-in like Yukio. The turn-in should have a chance to reward 20 types of garbage, but if you are LUCKY you earn ONE minor arty. 1 in 20 chances of getting from the eggs turn in, not guaranteed.

Unfair? Hello, we killed hundreds at various locations just to spin the lottery once at Yukio. Some of us did 10 rounds before getting 1 precious drop.

Yukio should have been a 100% guaranteed drop while eggs turn in should be a lottery instead.

Also, anyone can sign up with a new EJ now and start getting productive with eggs. Just need 50 skills for recalling and marking and buy some cheap cursed +skills jewels with magery and med. 
    Who's stopping you from collecting eggs, since it's so easy and more fruitful than the robe farming you adhere to? Your choice if you're not doing the higher-yield activity
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

Who's stopping you from collecting eggs, since it's so easy and more fruitful than the robe farming you adhere to? Your choice if you're not doing the higher-yield activity
    Exactly, nothing is stopping. 

My point is this event has become slightly better more than a clicky at Britain commons. 

Enough said, I am joining the egg collection to make gold at Atlantic.

Is this fun? Got to be kidding me. I collected 300 over eggs manually in a few hours (yawn, zzz) and on my way to Atlantic with 125 in backpack and 175 in the bank. 30 minor arties worth, better than 30 death robes and 500,000 insurance loss. And time loss. 
    Gather items on one shard, then transfer them to Atlantic to make money to bring back to home shard (or buy items to take home). Yeah, the game economy is totally not broken from the way it was intended.

Devs you might as well admit there is closer to a "unversal economy" in this game that you are willing to admit. Our shard quotes prices based on what is seen on Atlantic, then minus a couple of mil. The way you have allowed all this transferring of goods and money via shard transfer token "system" is beyond shameful. Whether players want to or not, they are already participating in that universal economy. You might as well open up the ability for everyone to freely move goods and money easily between shards.

I cannot even find fairly common items in decent quantity on my home shard without begging for hours for someone to sell them to me. And even then, its maybe 50% chance they will. But I can pop onto Atlantic, and there is the item I want on VS with multiple quantities.
    edited May 2022
    Gather items on one shard, then transfer them to Atlantic to make money to bring back to home shard (or buy items to take home). Yeah, the game economy is totally not broken from the way it was intended.

Devs you might as well admit there is closer to a "unversal economy" in this game that you are willing to admit. Our shard quotes prices based on what is seen on Atlantic, then minus a couple of mil. The way you have allowed all this transferring of goods and money via shard transfer token "system" is beyond shameful. Whether players want to or not, they are already participating in that universal economy. You might as well open up the ability for everyone to freely move goods and money easily between shards.

I cannot even find fairly common items in decent quantity on my home shard without begging for hours for someone to sell them to me. And even then, its maybe 50% chance they will. But I can pop onto Atlantic, and there is the item I want on VS with multiple quantities.
    Agreed.

Either lock every shard and stop shard transfer totally, which will lead to even more dead shards as all will congregate on 1 or 2.

Or open up all economy entirely.

Even mastery should be available for transfer.

And I know what someone is going to post next so in advance:
    Also like to stress that PK and PVP are 2 different things.

PVP is a boxing match between 2 equally armed player.

PK is murder and robbery between real players and one party is a victim which is at a disadvantage compared to the killer.

There is no need to promote the latter in game.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We simply need a central market accessible by all shards 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Until then, we shall all be scripters!!

Hey, EC is also scripting o:)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    McDougle said:
    We have had that for years, it is called Atlantic.  There are players on all shards that will be happy to take items there to and from.

But the hub was disrupted by shard bound.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2022
    Ingots selling on my shard were going long term at about 1.5 million but a single player, who is not a scripter, put about 20 on at 1.2 million.  Price might go back to 1.5 million when those sell.    But notice they are are not selling that fast.  Best bet might be to claim a reward like the quiver, fey slayer, jawbone, ankh or other reward a player might want and sell that instead.  Have doubts that I could sell 80 to 100 ingots at a decent price before the end of the event.  As has been mentioned left over ingots, most drops and eggs will have little or no value one day after the turn in period ends.  Think the items I mentioned are the best bets for putting  on my vendor but that is just my opinion.

McDougle said:
    At this point in the game and it's current population either make everything accessible to everyone regardless of shard you are on or consolidate everyone to 3 shards (US, Europe, Asia) seem to be the only "reasonable" way forward. The current way people move items around is a broken system no matter how you try to defend it. By doing so, you are helping nothing but keeping the system in play.

A few ideas have been floated in the past. Whether they are feasible from a coding standpoint or not, who knows. Suggestions such as open up free transfer to any shard via a special moongate during specific times a day, extend the vendor search system to include all shards with a "mail" delivery system for bought goods like other mmo's, or take the player vendors and only allow them to be set up on a bazaar like shard that can be accessed by anyone.
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    At this point in the game and it's current population either make everything accessible to everyone regardless of shard you are on or consolidate everyone to 3 shards (US, Europe, Asia) seem to be the only "reasonable" way forward. The current way people move items around is a broken system no matter how you try to defend it. By doing so, you are helping nothing but keeping the system in play.

A few ideas have been floated in the past. Whether they are feasible from a coding standpoint or not, who knows. Suggestions such as open up free transfer to any shard via a special moongate during specific times a day, extend the vendor search system to include all shards with a "mail" delivery system for bought goods like other mmo's, or take the player vendors and only allow them to be set up on a bazaar like shard that can be accessed by anyone.
    Wow, agreed. You covered almost everything we have asked for in the past. 

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    We have had that for years, it is called Atlantic.  There are players on all shards that will be happy to take items there to and from.

But the hub was disrupted by shard bound.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Or just remove the shard bound restrictions to simply matters
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 194
    Bots are still farming 23hx7. Even if you kill them on felu they start over when you are not online. They use illegal clients and who cares? I collect by hand all of thoose eggs and i have no chance if a bot is there at the same time.
    EJ accounts should not be able to pickup the eggs.

Even if I honor the idea of let non sampires participate at the event, the setup could be better.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    "this bot was challenged, it thought it recalled to tram but couldn't dead and programmed itself to goto the artificer, but no artificer in fel :( ran all the way from brit"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "easy 65 eggs"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792
    On Pac we lure the scripters out of the guard zones using eggs as bait.
    edited May 2022
    Which is worse:

Player A recall to pick up egg manually, but he also places bagball to block scripter (Player B ). 
    Player B (scripter) could be AFK or not - no one knows for sure except perhaps GM. We are all guessing. 

So who is the greater evil? The one who plays normally but uses game mechanics to block scripters or the scripter?

I am Player C, the idiot running around picking eggs AND clearing the bagball. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I just look where the scripter haven't. I don't have any problems collecting eggs - even when I'm not actively hunting them. Today I did this: 

5 eggs collected on that island in the time it took my archer to take out the orcs on that side of the beacon.  I couldn't get the ship in the gap, so I used the row boat.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Seth said:
    Which is worse:

Player A recall to pick up egg manually, but he also places bagball to block scripter (Player B ). 
    Player B (scripter) could be AFK or not - no one knows for sure except perhaps GM. We are all guessing. 

So who is the greater evil? The one who plays normally but uses game mechanics to block scripters or the scripter?
    Both are against the ToS.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Merus said:
    Seth said:
    Which is worse:

Both are against the ToS.
    Rules only work if followed when a large segment of the population chooses to ignore them with seemingly little consequences 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    “I thought we weren't allowed to 'advertise' what the unofficial client can do?
    yet there is more than one thread on egg scripters.
    Sounds like advertising to me.

They are allowing people to wall script and use any script (eg auto seed of life etc), allowing people to egg script, there appears to be an amnesty"
    edited June 2022
    They wrote:

The attempts for new game clients in the past was to rule out the use 3rd party software. Such 3rd party software mostly target the old classic client.

The community chose to play with the classic client that is almost 24 years old? 

Who is to blame? The Dev or the players?

Even Windows 3.1 and IE are Extinct.

You want to use them for banking and get Hacked?

We asked for it.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    And it has already been proven that you can write scripts for the EC and is totally legal so CC + 3rd party = EC what is the difference
    edited June 2022
    Maybe but try to Google and you will find more resources for CC than EC. 

If you can find good scripts for EC, I would like to know. We even wanted to create a section in uo.com... anyone has egg hunting script to share?

It's legal, no worries. Post here, officially.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    There was a script for the EC posted here and now I can not find it.