And yet STILL EJ scripters not being challenged

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 881
edited May 2022 in General Discussions
@Mesanna Why are you allowing FREE TO PLAY EJ accts to run the event

The scripters are rife, using crappy mage armour with little or NO concern of being caught

On a daily basis I see new names, well renowned UO names like, Bill, Ian etc running automated scripts

I have even suggested to you you place yourself in  one of the many egg locations with an egg of your own and drop it, and watch as they make a direct beeline to it, then if you quickly move it from them and they still continue to run towards the egg and only stop when they are on the spot where the egg should be, no stopping, thew script expects them to gather the egg. They recall in, looks like they scan area, then go towards nearest egg, through doors like they are not there and instantly grab the egg. NO HUMAN can do all that instantly without help. EC PINCO cannot do all that instantly. SCRIPT MESANNA NO DOUBT. And they ALL run the same script. 

Take them to Buccs Den, watch them try to recall over and over and over, not aware that they are in jail = SCRIPTING!!!!!!!!!!!

And YES they CAN answer a GM question whilst the script is running

this only makes the attended scripting instead of unattended scripting.  STILL ILLEGAL

BAN EJ ACCTS FROM EVENT, they wont risk their master accts

DO SOMETHING, GET UP AND GO SEE FOR YOURSELF WILL BE A GOOD START

This is not reopening a closed thread, but creating a new one with MORE information for YOU, Mesanna to use

Comments

• RomRom Posts: 51
    @Devs start by making curious eggs and fey ingots shard bound today... The more delay the more punishing this is becoming.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    Rom said:
    @ Devs start by making curious eggs and fey ingots shard bound today... The more delay the more punishing this is becoming.
    "I highly doubt that moving 125 eggs (12 arties) at the cost of one token which can be obtained every 30 days from a shard shield, with a 30 min transfer delay plus setup time for moving eggs/creating new char, etc is going to make a difference to anything. 
    I'm fairly sure nobody would bother shard transferring eggs, automated or non automated"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Rom said:
    @ Devs start by making curious eggs and fey ingots shard bound today... The more delay the more punishing this is becoming.
    "I highly doubt that moving 125 eggs (12 arties) at the cost of one token which can be obtained every 30 days from a shard shield, with a 30 min transfer delay plus setup time for moving eggs/creating new char, etc is going to make a difference to anything. 
    I'm fairly sure nobody would bother shard transferring eggs, automated or non automated"
    What about 125 Ingots? How else do you explain the influx of people from other servers going to low population servers to farm eggs?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I do agree that EJ should not be able to participate in these events. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Ingots are shard bound.
    Kaz said:
    Ingots are shard bound.

I guess I am wrong in this regard then. My observations are that the event is not fun to play and it is more efficient to run around collecting eggs. I'm guessing that everyone else feels the same, as of the change that slowed and spread out the spawn, because now all I see are tons of people running around collecting eggs and being rude while doing it.
    The cross shard scripters are doing it for either resale later or equipping their EM event characters. 
    They have been provided an opportunity to easily farm an event on all shards and they are capitalizing on it.  
    Its unfortunate that a system that was designed to be in support of less strong characters to get some items is being abused in such a way.  Id be surprised if the devs do something like this again. 
    Overall the fact that you can gather eggs for points faster than farming inside the dungeon is a big issue.  
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Eggs are a "pvp" event and the path of least resistance. You are competing against other players to get the eggs. Just hope no one is surprised or upset when they never offer a similar mechanic next treasures event due to all the egg complainers and everyone will have to go into the dungeon or be left out of the event.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    They don't have to make picking up eggs with 0 skills a viable alternative for veterans who can kill paragons and bosses and also experienced enough to use Scripts.

0 skills, 0 gear with 0 risk can get a drop

Versus

6 x 120 skills, top gears, tonnes of grey robes, same drop.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Simply cap the number of eggs that an EJ account can turn in per day, maybe 20 per account. Everyone can participate, but paid accounts get unlimited turn ins.
    edited May 2022
    Yup, they need to cap the rewards for the naked, legendary Egg Pickers. 

And increase the drop rate for those who are working (killing the) "Hard" (way).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    "Then person X (not me, definitely not me using a vpn to run loads of EJ accounts) will just transfer the eggs from bots to a paid account first stood next to the artificer and hand in with paid account. I'm not stupid. 

I think the players can find solution themselves, 
    there are eggs in fel i am sure outside of a guardzone you can enact your own revenge and be rewarded. 

you don't need to always run crying to Daddy dev
    let them get on with doing whatever it is they do"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You just need to be smarter than the scripters.  Find out which spawn spots they hit and in which order. When you see them at a particular spot recall to their next spot before they do and gather the eggs there.  That is what I do to one of the suspected scripters on Pac.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :D much better than whining. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Sorry that you feel pointing out the obvious, that the dungeon should be the more effective way to collect and progress the event, to the people capable of change isn't worthwhile. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited May 2022
    TimSt said:
    You just need to be smarter than the scripters.  Find out which spawn spots they hit and in which order. When you see them at a particular spot recall to their next spot before they do and gather the eggs there.  That is what I do to one of the suspected scripters on Pac.I 
    I have a lot of friends who have made a game out of it for weeks. They have collected many many eggs while those few scripters have collected close to nothing. Heck, players are so predictable, they can even get ahead of players and do the same thing.

People need to adapt, but some would rather come to the forums and complain repeatedly instead. You aren't going to find any eggs on this forum.
    Yoshi said:
    "Then person X (not me, definitely not me using a vpn to run loads of EJ accounts) will just transfer the eggs from bots to a paid account first stood next to the artificer and hand in with paid account. I'm not stupid. 

I think the players can find solution themselves, 
    there are eggs in fel i am sure outside of a guardzone you can enact your own revenge and be rewarded. 

you don't need to always run crying to Daddy dev
    let them get on with doing whatever it is they do"
    Maybe they could make all but 1 version of the eggs invisible to EJ accounts.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Violet said:
    TimSt said:
    You just need to be smarter than the scripters.  Find out which spawn spots they hit and in which order. When you see them at a particular spot recall to their next spot before they do and gather the eggs there.  That is what I do to one of the suspected scripters on Pac.I 
    I have a lot of friends who have made a game out of it for weeks. They have collected many many eggs while those few scripters have collected close to nothing. Heck, players are so predictable, they can even get ahead of players and do the same thing.

People need to adapt, but some would rather come to the forums and complain repeatedly instead. You aren't going to find any eggs on this forum.
    When people are cheating or the event is broken where but the forum would you suggest dissatisfied customers go ? Its not happy people who post....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Violet said:
    TimSt said:

When people are cheating or the event is broken where but the forum would you suggest dissatisfied customers go ? Its not happy people who post....
    *Applaud*
    Rom said:
    Pawain said:
    Sorry that you feel pointing out the obvious, that the dungeon should be the more effective way to collect and progress the event, to the people capable of change isn't worthwhile. 
    I was referring to Tim's method of getting ahead of the scripters and getting the eggs.  

I have collected 7 eggs on the ground. I prefer the dungeon because I prefer to kill stuff.
    Pawain said:
    Rom said:
    Pawain said:
    I was referring to Tim's method of getting ahead of the scripters and getting the eggs.  

I have collected 7 eggs on the ground. I prefer the dungeon because I prefer to kill stuff.
    I also prefer the dungeon. We are in agreement. Currently I feel the dungeon is very inefficient in comparison to egg farming. I can collect 10 eggs much faster than a fey item will drop for me in the dungeon. This is an issue. I came to the forums and activated my forum account specifically because of this, because I observed a change for the worse when they altered the dungeon spawn. Yes you had scripting archers, so ban them... Yes you had multiboxers, so ban them... When you make the progression so painfully slow via the primary method (dungeon) that people choose the uncooperative, unexciting, joblike alternative, then you've messed up and should take some corrective action.
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Violet said:
    TimSt said:

Page a GM for cheating.

The event is not broken.  The dungeons give drops, people collect eggs every day.

You may not like the drops/hr but many have stated it is equivalent to other dungeon events.
    5 per hour has been my average with 0 luck in all the dungeons so far.  Same here in Destard.

If the rewards were better there would be more participation, but you can get those rewards by collecting eggs instead, That is one reason your dungeons are less used.

Since you have no access to turn in numbers you really have no clue if this Dungeon has produced more or less turn ins.  But you still complain even tho you have no idea if there is a complaint or not.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Violet said:
    TimSt said:

Page a GM for cheating.

The event is not broken.  The dungeons give drops, people collect eggs every day.

You may not like the drops/hr but many have stated it is equivalent to other dungeon events.
    5 per hour has been my average with 0 luck in all the dungeons so far.  Same here in Destard.

If the rewards were better there would be more participation, but you can get those rewards by collecting eggs instead, That is one reason your dungeons are less used.

Since you have no access to turn in numbers you really have no clue if this Dungeon has produced more or less turn ins.  But you still complain even tho you have no idea if there is a complaint or not.
    Should I quote your post i believe from may 7th about destard being empty at prime time and something not being right?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2022
    It's clear the destard dungeon spawn and drop rate is poor at this point.  The artifact drop rate is terrible compared to prior dungeon events, I'd say it's now about 1/10 the drop rate, using the same character vs. prior dungeon events.  Several people have called for bringing back the "hole" slaughterfest style spawn rate.  It's sad to say, but the dungeon is no longer "fun".

On egg collecting, a thought experiment --
    If you could automate this, and run this on possibly many shards concurrently, that seems an obvious thing that some set of players is going to do.  While we don't know if EJ accounts are the primary culprits, it's more likely than not that these are EJ accounts.  I'd imagine the paid accounts are being used for things that only paid accounts / paid expansions are able to do.  (As others noted, no skill needed, no expansions needed, no need to shard xfer, etc).

It's also more likely than not that broadsword already knows whether EJ accounts are the primary players picking up eggs/etc.  One side effect of the current design is that it's likely that many more EJ accounts have been created in the past 2 months.  Perhaps that has provided a boost to subscriber numbers, assuming this is a tracked (and possibly important) metric.
    I think it would be interesting to see the numbers of luck potions used by day since this event started.  As a business first and entertainment second, I would imagine it likely very obvious at which point this event was more successful.
    edited May 2022
    Not saying there should only be dungeon method to acquire rewards.

But the reward should commensurate with the effort. 

This isn't whining, it's being truthfully pissed. Just like when you have to line up in a long queue, while some can just take the easy and cut to the front of the queue... all being equal.

U call that whining? So if someone does that to u in real life u just tell the rest in the queue to shut up and stop whining. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    @ Mesanna Why are you allowing FREE TO PLAY EJ accts to run the event

The scripters are rife, using crappy mage armour with little or NO concern of being caught

On a daily basis I see new names, well renowned UO names like, Bill, Ian etc running automated scripts

I have even suggested to you you place yourself in  one of the many egg locations with an egg of your own and drop it, and watch as they make a direct beeline to it, then if you quickly move it from them and they still continue to run towards the egg and only stop when they are on the spot where the egg should be, no stopping, thew script expects them to gather the egg. They recall in, looks like they scan area, then go towards nearest egg, through doors like they are not there and instantly grab the egg. NO HUMAN can do all that instantly without help. EC PINCO cannot do all that instantly. SCRIPT MESANNA NO DOUBT. And they ALL run the same script. 

Take them to Buccs Den, watch them try to recall over and over and over, not aware that they are in jail = SCRIPTING!!!!!!!!!!!

this only makes the attended scripting instead of unattended scripting.  STILL ILLEGAL

This is not reopening a closed thread, but creating a new one with MORE information for YOU, Mesanna to use

Extremely ironic that when I said there were sampires being scripted 24/7 Hythloth ToT you, and many others didn't care. At all. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/65329/#Comment_65329 ;
    So why do you and other people, all the sudden, care now that there are players scripting eggs? 

Facts of these ToT events are:
    • They have been heavily botted since day #1 in Doom.
    • If nothing changes, it's just going to get worse. 
    Destard just made it obvious. All these players that usually bot their sampires 24/7, archer multibox groups, tamer/wither multibox groups, etc. were just concentrated in to one small area that previously would have been spread out over a large dungeon. It just showed how much of a problem these events are with cheaters.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited May 2022
    Kaz said:
    Glad someone was paying attention.
    edited May 2022
    username said:
    @ Mesanna Why are you allowing FREE TO PLAY EJ accts to run the event

Extremely ironic that when I said there were sampires being scripted 24/7 Hythloth ToT you, and many others didn't care. At all. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/65329/#Comment_65329 ;
    So why do you and other people, all the sudden, care now that there are players scripting eggs? 

Facts of these ToT events are:
    • They have been heavily botted since day #1 in Doom.
    • If nothing changes, it's just going to get worse. 
    Destard just made it obvious. All these players that usually bot their sampires 24/7, archer multibox groups, tamer/wither multibox groups, etc. were just concentrated in to one small area that previously would have been spread out over a large dungeon. It just showed how much of a problem these events are with cheaters.
    Sorry, I still don't care about allegations of sampire scripting because I have never seen any after Deceit, Wildfire, Hythtloth and even Destard.

I care about eggs scripters because a bunch of grey robes emerging from the Destard hole empty handed can always hear someone Ding Ding Ding away at the door.

Eggs are flooding all over land?

And why do you need to care that we mind the 0 skills scripters?