Notice Eggs are not respawning? Do this.

2»

Comments

• TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Seth said:
    When players on a shard are staunch supporters of shard bound, look at Atlantic. They are far from dead.

They have not seen truly dead shards who will never get to see any of the shard bound items in future.
    Not true - scripts are running on all shard collecting items.  I believe these to be the RMT sellers that will then sell them for high amounts of gold they will sell for money or move to ATL.  Tonight there are literally 3 people on the entire shard of Legends - two of them are script accounts hunting eggs nonstop gathering thousands of destard points.  Don't worry - there will be shard bound items but the money is going in the hands of RMT sellers.  I've reported them - nothing happens.  Its the same script on all shards. Its identical to what has been running on GL all day long.   

All you need is a few virtual machines and some scripting software and you can run multiple shards off one PC.  Easy.  It seems they refuse to take any action or ban these accounts.  You can't tell me they don't know who the RMT sellers are. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    All that is necessary, at least to my opinion, to make RMT sites not worth the effort and the hassle, is for UO Developers to make any and all items to be MUCH LESS time consuming to be obtained.

That's it.

If players can get a given item, even if high end, in, say, 1 hour of gameplay, my opinion is, that they will not bother looking at RMT to buy such an item or purchase the gold to then buy this item in the game.

Everything revolves around time to get a given item, I think.

If the Design of the game is one that makes it too much time consuming to get an item, there might be players who, rather then spend countless hours in the game to get that item, perhaps even engaged into repetitive, uninterested grinding gameplay.... might think to spend that same time earning real money in real life and then spend a fraction of that earned money in the game to buy that given item which they might want.... I mean, wouldn't it be a better use of their time, I wonder?

So, at least to my opinion, the road to getting rid of scripters in UO and, hopefully, of RMT, goes through a game Design where the getting of any item, high end ones included, was to take MUCH MUCH MUCH less time as it does now and, hopefully, it happens without any repetitive, uninteresting grinding gameplay....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:
    All that is necessary, at least to my opinion, to make RMT sites not worth the effort and the hassle, is for UO Developers to make any and all items to be MUCH LESS time consuming to be obtained.

That's it.

If players can get a given item, even if high end, in, say, 1 hour of gameplay, my opinion is, that they will not bother looking at RMT to buy such an item or purchase the gold to then buy this item in the game.

If the Design of the game is one that makes it too much time consuming to get an item, there might be players who, rather then spend countless hours in the game to get that item, perhaps even engaged into repetitive, uninterested grinding gameplay.... might think to spend that same time earning real money in real life and then spend a fraction of that earned money in the game to buy that given item which they might want.... I mean, wouldn't it be a better use of their time, I wonder?

So, at least to my opinion, the road to getting rid of scripters in UO and, hopefully, of RMT, goes through a game Design where the getting of any item, high end ones included, was to take MUCH MUCH MUCH less time as it does now and, hopefully, it happens without any repetitive, uninteresting grinding gameplay....
    So most will play 10 hours a year and stop since there is no reason to try to upgrade your suit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

That's it.

So most will play 10 hours a year and stop since there is no reason to try to upgrade your suit.
    when you have the best suit, you play just to slaughter montsters and do your favorite quests, or help others do them. I mean, you can have all the best from the game in less than an hour with RMT, and then, once you have it all, why would you play, you say? Anyone that has bought even anything, don't stop playing just cuz they have it all, on the contrary they play being happy knowing that they are up to standards of what the monsters deal
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:

That's it.

Or sell them in the uo store for less no profit no rmt
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:

Or sell them in the uo store for less no profit no rmt
    I'm totally on board with this.  Items of the Fey event - turn in points or buy via Sovereigns for 5-250 sovereigns depending on 'point' value'.    I'd much rather the money go to EA/UO instead of supporting someone who runs scripts on 30+ shards to sell items.   I saw the bird cage going for $14 on the shard of your choice.  The Ankh for $30.  Thats crazy.   Someone has built a business on scripting and selling the items.  I'd rather UO take the money instead and put it towards the game.  Why is this not an option every time?

To the 'lets make it just take an hour' comment - the problem is the event is time based. If you didn't play duriing the event then come back later - you have to buy the item from someone else.  In this case its going to be RMT sellers who scripted thousands of points, bought the items, then sit on it for 6 months to a year and then sell for a very tidy profit since there is no other way to obtain the item.  Again - if the store sold it for sovereigns - there would be no huge mark up to be had 6 months down the road. You can always log in and buy a fey slayer spellbook for 250 sovereigns.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I also started to use scripts to automate.
    Just use an extra screen to monitor for GM and say HI, while watching Netflix or play another game. This is legal, that’s the way it appears to be.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    Sadly the day that happens UO is done because they will close all their accounts and UO will not have enough paid players to support it.  Sometimes you have to accept some evil in the world in order to survive.
    popps said:
    Sadly the day that happens UO is done because they will close all their accounts and UO will not have enough paid players to support it.  Sometimes you have to accept some evil in the world in order to survive.
    Sadly that day is upon us. The apathy and lack of attention to fairness in this game has driven 95% away. All that’s left in this abandonware are the die hards.  I think it’s really quite a good game until you realize most times you are playing with bots.  It could be so much more. 
    edited May 2022
    Back to the OP, I think the culprit is still EJ. Using multi accounts with 5 or 10 stealthers are free of charge.

EJ + scripting, result is a battle of the bots.
    You do not need an EJ account to do what they are doing, they are attended, nothing is going to happen to them.
    Scripts can reply to gms
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Scripts can reply to gms
    GM  ask questions.  They ask generic things like how are you today.  How do you like this event.  Ect. And start a conversation. If you act like an idiot they take you to jail.  You can ask Hazel what they ask.

Dont believe the BS these posters make up.

I guess yall really have no concept of what a power gamer does and how many hours they sit in their computer area.  I'm not a good one, but I had to upgrade to a 12hr chair. The old 8 hr one was hurting my butt. Serta iComfort FTW!
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    You do not need an EJ account to do what they are doing, they are attended, nothing is going to happen to them.
    Yes, technically don't need an EJ account to do it. But to do 5 or 10 of them using paid accounts is rofl... 

It's same as multi boxing. the more the merrier. 10 accounts each using fireball is more powerful than 1 guy using FS.
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Yes, technically don't need an EJ account to do it. But to do 5 or 10 of them using paid accounts is rofl... 

It's same as multi boxing. the more the merrier. 10 accounts each using fireball is more powerful than 1 guy using FS.
    So how are these EJ accounts taking eggs to their home shard?  Paying 30 bucks for a transfer?

Think things thru before you speculate.  

PAGE ON THEM! Let the EMs decide.
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

So how are these EJ accounts taking eggs to their home shard?  Paying 30 bucks for a transfer?

Think things thru before you speculate.  

PAGE ON THEM! Let the EMs decide.the fact that they are not be stopped is very evident 
    Because they are attended.  How many times do you have to read the same thing.
    Pawain said:
    Because they are attended.  How many times do you have to read the same thing.
    I agree not everyone is a scripter but you can't truly be naive enough to believe there are none 
    edited May 2022
    popps said:
    I don't think that scripters and cheaters are those who keep UO running... I want to believe that the players who play legittimately and without cheating are the majority and they are the ones that keep UO going....

Until, they will have enough to keep playing a game plagued with cheaters and scripters and they will leave UO which, at that point, will really only leave the cheaters and the scripters playing the game for the most part...

I wonder, at that point, who they will sell their gold and items to, when no longer there will be players playing the game without cheating nor scripting...
    Theo said:
    popps said:
    Sadly that day is upon us. The apathy and lack of attention to fairness in this game has driven 95% away. All that’s left in this abandonware are the die hards.  I think it’s really quite a good game until you realize most times you are playing with bots.  It could be so much more. 
    Exactly.

By not eradicating cheaters and scripters for good, the "side effect" of this is seeins players who do not want to play a game with cheaters and scripters leaving that game.

And the longer cheating and scripting stays with UO, the more players who do not like cheating and scripting will quit UO....

Cheaters and scripters, to my opinion, do not help UO, they hurt it.
    edited May 2022
    EJ is not the root source of huge volume of bots. It's the client.

To save the game, after NLS they need to focus on a better EC with switchable graphics between classic and new. A better client is needed to save UO.

NLS is not the saviour since CC can still be used to script there. We need the ultimate game client to save Ultima Online.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    I haven't tried this, but it might be a thing.  Do turn in points transfer?  Can you build up points on a shard, then shard shield that character somewhere else and then claim items?  Also, the eggs themselves are not shard bound, so you could load a character to the max and shield over somewhere to make turn ins, assuming the points don't transfer with the characters.  Just thinking out loud...not sure any of this actually works lol.
    I haven't tried this, but it might be a thing.  Do turn in points transfer? 

No, dynamic event points are not shard transferable. Please see wiki.

Can you build up points on a shard, then shard shield that character somewhere else and then claim items? 

No, please see above.

Also, the eggs themselves are not shard bound, so you could load a character to the max and shield over somewhere to make turn ins, assuming the points don't transfer with the characters.

Correct.

edited May 2022
    New entry:

I was collecting death robe and enjoying the low drop rate. Then everytime I rez I hear the Ding Ding Ding, Ding Ding Ding, non-stop 24/7.  

WOW!

New way to measure customer satisfaction. 

Death Robe Vs Reward Ratio

Currently it is 10 vs 3.  :'(