Has anyone noticed this? On several shards, the egg vendor quest sound is CONSTANTLY playing...

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
    We realize that 300 eggs a DAY (several hours...) means a mere 30 points ?

And this, for hours and hour and hours of collecting eggs per day ?

Now, for AFK players who just script the collecting of eggs using Third Party utilities, that is not an issue since their time is not involved... but for players who actually sit at the keyboard all those hours to collect eggs ?

That IS an issue.... to my opinion.... hours and hours and hours per day only to get 30 points ?

To others this might sound as reasonable but, personally, I value my real time a lot and so, no thanks, I'd rather spend my time doing else but collecting eggs....
    You've complained about other ways to get rewards beside being a "swinger" and got one and now... On great lakes I still get plenty of eggs over the 2 that script.
    Do not get me wrong, I love that there is a non-combat way to get points towards ToT Rewards...I am only saying, that the collecting way, as compared to the fighting way, takes a lot more playing time.... unless, of course, one uses illegal AFK scripting.....
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Archangel said:
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

Now, for AFK players who just script the collecting of eggs using Third Party utilities, that is not an issue since their time is not involved... but for players who actually sit at the keyboard all those hours to collect eggs ?

That IS an issue.... to my opinion.... hours and hours and hours per day only to get 30 points ?

To others this might sound as reasonable but, personally, I value my real time a lot and so, no thanks, I'd rather spend my time doing else but collecting eggs....
    You've complained about other ways to get rewards beside being a "swinger" and got one and now... On great lakes I still get plenty of eggs over the 2 that script.
    Maybe those 2 think you are the scripter?
    Lol 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    username said:
    ... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. 
    It’s likely someone with a target last item macro set to keys that are being engaged while typing in some type of chat. 

I have a macro set that if Ive already marked my ten eggs but I pause to say something in alliance, guild or general chat it will cause the completed quest ding to sound over and over again. 

If I were going to be in a long convo I’d finish the quest rather than go on dinging. But I have stood next to folks who can have it going on for quite awhile. Could be because they’re chatting on something outside the game screen and don’t realize they keep dinging. I don’t think you’re seeing people cheating. 

Sorry if someone already answered with this. I didn’t read the whole thread. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    popps said:
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Do not get me wrong, I love that there is a non-combat way to get points towards ToT Rewards...I am only saying, that the collecting way, as compared to the fighting way, takes a lot more playing time.... unless, of course, one uses illegal AFK scripting.....
    I have only picked up 7 eggs. But if it only takes a few hours to get 30 ingots, it takes me 3 hours to get 30 drops if I can be in the dungeon at a time when there are many mobs.

I should get more since I doubt picking up eggs depletes your armor or costs arrows.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:

gathering eggs is lot faster for me to get than points in the dungeon.
    i can get 7 or 8 ingots every 30mins on my home shard
    and on other shards i can get 8 or 9 in 15mins.

you just have to figure out the rotation of the spawn.
    And no I'm not scripting.
    I just use the scavenger in EC (use Pinco's UI, which isn't illegal)

I do have to CTRL-SHIFT constantly

=======

I have never been able to get a spellbook from previous events
    because I wanted the other items too.
    I always use a tamer in the dungeons
    because while my pet is fighting I can attack with spells
    and heal others.

I have only gone inside a couple times in Destard.
    first time I got 0 drops and died 6 times (over an hours play time, killing lot of stuff)

second time i got 3 drops in an hour
    (had more ingots than that within 5 mins after leaving the dungeon)

I'm glad that we can gather the eggs, instead of fighting.
    on Catskills I was able to gain in magery by recalling around to the different places
    that i marked (using mark scrolls) & get the rewards that i wanted there.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Seems sometimes like developers seem to think that players enjoy being killed.  I don’t.  If it’s one of those nights when the dungeon is just filled with paragons that all seem to single me out for death, I will collect eggs.  Am amazed that the game created an alternative to getting killed dungeon that actually provided players with a meaningful way of getting what they wanted.  That is so unlike the UO I have come to know.  Personally, would like this trend to continue.

I play both inside and outside of Destard.  To be honest I think I get about the same number of ingots per hour as I do drops.  That’s maybe four or five per hour.  The potential for getting more than that per hour is in the dungeon.  Collecting eggs is not for players that get more drops per hour than I do.  Because of all the steps involved collecting eggs is a slower process.

i don’t play on Atlantic.  I don’t see all the cheating that is talked so much about in this forum.  I compete with others when it comes to collecting eggs.  I work with others to kill paragons.  I more or less think the game is playing as intended when it is running properly which seems a little less often now.  Think the collecting eggs alternative is a step in the right direction.
  • usernameusername Posts: 688
    edited May 2022
    I was told the NPC on Atlantic disappeared on server up this morning and was replaced after about 30 minutes. Not sure if this is true or not, or is normal behavior (or not) for the egg quest NPC after server up... but it appears the vendor is not being spammed (at the moment). Hopefully this thread was noticed by the higher-ups and whatever it was is FIXED! Will update if anything changes.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    Pawain said:
    I have only picked up 7 eggs. But if it only takes a few hours to get 30 ingots, it takes me 3 hours to get 30 drops if I can be in the dungeon at a time when there are many mobs.

I should get more since I doubt picking up eggs depletes your armor or costs arrows.
    non scripting and half trying, I can get 30 ingots in 2 hours, so a scripter could likely get more. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TheoTheo Posts: 169
    edited May 2022
    If you have 125 items in your pack you can do the quest but you won’t get the reward (the calc is run on your current item count not count after turning 10 in). Seems like the scripters sometimes mess up and try to turn in with 125 items.  One did this on legends and sat there trying to turn in eggs for 10 minutes.  They click them so fast it’s like 1 second per attempt so it’s constant music.  

If the UO team wanted to curb scripting just stand outside the Destard turn in on any shard. Easy to find all day long. 
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    username said:
    ... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. Very noticeable on Atlantic trammel where it's now a ghost town (since it's moved to fel for the weekend) and there are several of the same players hidden 24/7 that never leave yet the quests keep being completed?

Have ToT's been this much of a disaster that now people are just getting free ingots?
    Between botting the dungeon 24/7 and whatever this is, anyone still thinking "Account Bound" is a bad idea yet LOL?

Guess empty house plots with a dozen vendors selling ingots is just the new normal and completely legit gameplay. Just like the vendors that had hundreds of each Shadowguard artifacts... LEGITIMATE GAMEPLAY.

There was a bug with the egg NPC that pretty much gave out free ingots that thankfully now seems to have been fixed. Hopefully the devs will learn from this and not let it happen in future events.
    Tjalle said:
    username said:
    ... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. Very noticeable on Atlantic trammel where it's now a ghost town (since it's moved to fel for the weekend) and there are several of the same players hidden 24/7 that never leave yet the quests keep being completed?

Have ToT's been this much of a disaster that now people are just getting free ingots?
    Between botting the dungeon 24/7 and whatever this is, anyone still thinking "Account Bound" is a bad idea yet LOL?

Guess empty house plots with a dozen vendors selling ingots is just the new normal and completely legit gameplay. Just like the vendors that had hundreds of each Shadowguard artifacts... LEGITIMATE GAMEPLAY.

There was a bug with the egg NPC that pretty much gave out free ingots that thankfully now seems to have been fixed. Hopefully the devs will learn from this and not let it happen in future events.
    Thank you for posting this. In the sea of nay-sayer's and contrarians, who think, "Our precious 25 year old game has disastrous bugs/dupes!? No way, username, you're crazy!" and then when the truth finally comes out and confirms my suspicions, it's a good feeling. Happens a lot sadly. It was literally a no brainer conclusion, anyone could figure something wasn't right, between the constant vendor sounds and the flooding the market with ingots/artifacts. Glad it's fixed though.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Tjalle said:
    username said:

Thank you for posting this. In the sea of nay-sayer's and contrarians, who think, "Our precious 25 year old game has disastrous bugs/dupes!? No way, username, you're crazy!" and then when the truth finally comes out and confirms my suspicions, it's a good feeling. Happens a lot sadly. It was literally a no brainer conclusion, anyone could figure something wasn't right, between the constant vendor sounds and the flooding the market with ingots/artifacts. Glad it's fixed though.
    Can you point to a link of this truth that came out please.
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Not gonna indulge you're trolling, you can read for yourself, enjoy.

username said:
    Pawain said:
    Not gonna indulge you're trolling, you can read for yourself, enjoy.
    I did and did not see anything but someone speculating with no proof of any change or fact.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I’m not sure exactly what the bug was but there was/is a bug/exploit 
  • It'd be nice if they sold them in bags of 10-20. It takes forever to buy them as singles.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    There is a continuous ding ding ding, how can there be so many eggs. someone must be duping.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    Seth said:
    There is a continuous ding ding ding, how can there be so many eggs. someone must be duping.
    They upped the spawn, i have had eggs respawn before i can recall out. been that way a few days. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Seth said:
    They upped the spawn, i have had eggs respawn before i can recall out. been that way a few days. 
    Yes, it's funny, you recall out and as you're doing you see a new egg spawning... so recalling back immediately is now a regular practice  :)