Account Terminated for using "game mechanics" for buying items of NPC Vendor

Yes, its true.   Background.  Left my horse on a scripters spot. Reported.  GM logged me out of game, IMMEDIATELY logged back in.  GM says, "Have a good day".  Deduction, horses and pets okay to stand where they want to.  Issue.  I buy bales of hay, supporting the economy one bale at a time.  Oh, but mind you I place myself where I know where i want to drop them.  Purchase off NPC, drops to ground.  ITEM bought from NPC illegal??  Please, Please and Please tell me how this is using game mechanics, you, the producers PUT in the game.  Enough said.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    HazelofLS said:
    Yes, its true.   Background.  Left my horse on a scripters spot. Reported.  GM logged me out of game, IMMEDIATELY logged back in.  GM says, "Have a good day".  Deduction, horses and pets okay to stand where they want to.  Issue.  I buy bales of hay, supporting the economy one bale at a time.  Oh, but mind you I place myself where I know where i want to drop them.  Purchase off NPC, drops to ground.  ITEM bought from NPC illegal??  Please, Please and Please tell me how this is using game mechanics, you, the producers PUT in the game.  Enough said

.If your account was terminated you couldn't post here but okay
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    HazelofLS said:
    Yes, its true.   Background.  Left my horse on a scripters spot. Reported.  GM logged me out of game, IMMEDIATELY logged back in.  GM says, "Have a good day".  Deduction, horses and pets okay to stand where they want to.  Issue.  I buy bales of hay, supporting the economy one bale at a time.  Oh, but mind you I place myself where I know where i want to drop them.  Purchase off NPC, drops to ground.  ITEM bought from NPC illegal??  Please, Please and Please tell me how this is using game mechanics, you, the producers PUT in the game.  Enough said.
    You are a little disjointed and I cannot get the full sense of what you are saying. It appears you are saying that it is illegal to sit in a spot on your Horse, but then say it is illegal to buy hay from an NPC. walk me through this slowly so I may understand. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• HazelofLSHazelofLS Posts: 6
    Picts of prison and reenstatement of other forum.   Message from GM "your account is TERMINATED for using game mechanics"??   How so ""game mechanics""??
    Horse was LEGAL!

I am going to go out on a limb and say English is not your primary language. try posting it in your native and i'll translate it to see if I understand it any better.

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    Yeah some gm action are strange sometimes...cant speak more here...but the fact your horse was ok to stand anywhere....but the hay if you place many to isolate aomething or block a monster it s illegal
    edited May 2022
    Slowly  I parked my horse on a scripter spot.   GM booted me, i logged back in, GM said have a nice day.  LEGAL      I bought hay bales from NPC, the Farmer, pack full, they dropped too ground.  Sent to PRISON.  GM message "account terminated for using game mechanics".  How is this game mechanics?   OH,  went thru support@ultima.com and got account back.  NO explaination if right or wrong.  Again, the question.  How is this buying stuff from NPC "using game mechanics"? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    HazelofLS said:
    Picts of prison and reenstatement of other forum.   Message from GM "your account is TERMINATED for using game mechanics"??   How so ""game mechanics""??

You have to be more strategic and not let the victim find out what you are doing.

There are many Rules Broken:

Rules of Conduct

The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.

IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY BROADSWORD. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

THE RULES ARE:

1. You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.
         1. Characters, items, pets, and other user-created in-game content must abide by the Terms of           Service, Rules of Conduct and the UO Naming Policy located here.

1. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of                   Conduct. 

1. You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.

Now you know what you cant do.  Go Get em Killer!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thanks.  Quick question if you dont mind.  I gather eggs until my pack if full.  I park packies in houses to use to drop off 15 or so eggs, then continue to collect.  Next go round, I drop 15 into next packie.  ETC ETC.  In you opinion, which i respect, is this okay??

Side note.  Eggs all taken off facet so eggs in area will respawn.
    (If any of my messages have  proper and correct punctuation and spelling, its not me typing)
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,300
    Was unaware that UO provided spots for scripters as stated in the first post.  Don’t really understand what’s being talked about.  But fourth point 1 is a common activity.  Learning casting skills I just write a macro and cast spells on my roof while doing something else other than playing UO.  Can see how that point apples to scripters but also applies to everyone.else. It is also a common practice to leave pets unattended in dungeons killing every thing in site while training up skills.  Have seen this several times. Is just leaving the pet in a dungeon illegal?  Don’t do taming and yes, tamer could be hiding.
    edited May 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Was unaware that UO provided spots for scripters as stated in the first post.  Don’t really understand what’s being talked about.  But fourth point 1 is a common activity.  Learning casting skills I just write a macro and cast spells on my roof while doing something else other than playing UO.  Can see how that point apples to scripters but also applies to everyone.else. It is also a common practice to leave pets unattended in dungeons killing every thing in site while training up skills.  Have seen this several times. Is just leaving the pet in a dungeon illegal?  Don’t do taming and yes, tamer could be hiding.
    The following are actions taken on accounts that were banned or suspended during the month of August:

1  -  Disruptive Behavior
    10 - Macroing 
    1 -   Naming Violation
    1 -   Solicitation
    6 -   Multiboxing

You would fall under the Macroing for skill gains.
    Also leaving a pet unattended killing stuff is why Blackthorns Dungeon changed.

Pawain said:
    [...]
    You have to be more strategic and not let the victim find out what you are doing.

[...]

Yes, you don't go blabbing about how you are intentionally blocking someone, scripter or not. two wrongs do not make a right. The greatest crime ever perpetrated was the one no one knew about . . .

:D 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,300
    Thanks Pawain did not know that.
    Thanks.  Should i get rid of GM Camping and work a Stealther?  LOL   Be Safe everyone.
    YES  you fire bug.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    So when was it your account was suspended?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Pawain said:
    HazelofLS said:

Rules of Conduct

The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.

IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY BROADSWORD. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

THE RULES ARE:

1. You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.
         1. Characters, items, pets, and other user-created in-game content must abide by the Terms of           Service, Rules of Conduct and the UO Naming Policy located here.

1. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of                   Conduct. 

1. You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.

Now you know what you cant do.  Go Get em Killer!
    And what about all of those AFK scripters which a number of posters on these same Forums have been lamenting to see being quite active in Destard for this Fey Event ?

The Rules apply for them as well, right ?

But then, how come that we keep seeing players lament in the game, and even on these same UO Forums, seeing supposedly scripters, sometimes even AFK scripters, in Ultima Online ?

I am puzzled as to why it is necessary to see the Spawn mechanics having to been changed for Destard, as we have seen them changed (the Spawn is now different to what it was at the start of the Event, and many players -see the Fey Event Feedback thread on this Forum- are lamenting it has been for the worse of their enjoyment of the Event....), when all that it would have been necessary, would have been detecting and terminating the accounts of the scripters, without necessarily having to change the spawn mechanics....

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Thing is, you are using hay bales almost as bagballs, to block. That was declared illegal ages ago. Purposefully blocking a spot is seen as griefing if I remember well.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    What is this dangerous "Scripters spot" that can cause account to be banned??
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    HazelofLS said:
    Horse was LEGAL!

Sure, but was it of legal age? B) :D
    Ivenor said:
    HazelofLS said:
    Horse was LEGAL!

"How the heck would I know she was 13? She looked 15 anyway.".

Ivenor said:
    HazelofLS said:
    Horse was LEGAL!

"How the heck would I know she was 13? She looked 15 anyway.".
    :D

Always look a horse in its... well, you know what... B) :D
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    sigh
    dvvid said:
    sigh

:) ;)
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    As others have pointed out, deliberately placing objects or pets in a particular location for the purpose of blocking other players recall locations in Tram is a form of griefing and is subject to GM action.  In this instance you’re substituting your opinion of who is cheating and attempting your own form of interference for that of the GM.

I get that reporting some of the scripters often feels pretty pointless, but you don’t get to take matters into your own hands in Tram.  Now if all the egg gathering was isolated to Fel, things would be a very different story… just sayin.
  • NikonNikon Posts: 2
    HazelofLS said:
    Well it sounds like you were griefing players and abusing vendor purchases in a manner in which was not its intended design.  Sounds valid to me. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    You should not use objects to impede the movement of other players or mobs. That is a ToS violation. You are allowed to use wall of stone, energy field, and paralyze field.

• It’s pretty clear in the rules.  You’re utilizing your pets and haystacks as units to block recall locations.  It’s no different than utilizing bag balls to block the teleporters in the star room.
  • Just like the guy on legends this morning. I was farming the destard dungeon. Died inside(who doesn’t ) and some douche lured a bunch of plague beasts and whatnot from the swamps. Keep RKing me.  I get it was to deter the egg farmers but cmon. Had to page on the guy.