Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 
    Why does my shard bound items on LS bother you on Atlantic?  Please explain.

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.
    agree with Pawsin, Urges idea is not needed or apreciated.. I think all small-shard players would rather quit than be forced into Atl. I'd never play there, with a bunch of ..  unlikeable attitudes and dim lights.
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.
    agree with Pawain, Urges idea is not needed or appreciated.. I think all small-shard players would rather quit than be forced into Atl. I'd never play there, with a bunch of ..  unlikeable attitudes and dim lights.

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    Anyone tried a fencer on the Destard paragons? I tried a pierce build on the Hythloth paragons and it did not do crap for helping with the balrons. It was sorta effective on the elder gazers. Since that I just assumed Destard paragon reptiles would be the same.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

agree with Pawsin, Urges idea is not needed or apreciated.. I think all small-shard players would rather quit than be forced into Atl. I'd never play there, with a bunch of ..  unlikeable attitudes and dim lights.
    Plenty of great people on ATL who are extremely helpful as well. Generalizations like this do not help the community. 

Also, @Urge the idea of merging shards doesn’t really make sense. For example, what happens to housing?  They would have to add a lot more land and you know people would be upset being forced to move and losing their house location(s). It would probably be very detrimental to the subscription base. Anyway, I don’t want to sidetrack the thread… just wanted to comment on that. 
    dvvid said:
    Plenty of great people on ATL who are extremely helpful as well. Generalizations like this do not help the community.
    Neither does about once a week someone coming from Atlantic asking in chat why our shard sux and why is it is yet another dead shard. Goes both ways. People respond to what they know.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Well the Dungeon must be less sucky since we have moved to combining shards.

Anyone tried a fencer on the Destard paragons? I tried a pierce build on the Hythloth paragons and it did not do crap for helping with the balrons. It was sorta effective on the elder gazers. Since that I just assumed Destard paragon reptiles would be the same.
    My fencer was ok with the normal stuff in the last two dungeons, but I did not try para Balrons.
    I used a double bladed staff for DS, and a whip for WW.

I think it has more to do with your personal skills at pushing the right buttons at the right time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Well the Dungeon must be less sucky since we have moved to combining shards.

My fencer was ok with the normal stuff in the last two dungeons, but I did not try para Balrons.
    I used a double bladed staff for DS, and a whip for WW.

I think it has more to do with your personal skills at pushing the right buttons at the right time.
    The balrons had waaay to high sta regen for pierce to be effective. I assume it is the same with GD and SW paragons. I am too lazy to test dying 20 more times to test it.

I would try stagger with a hammer pick but my macing is stoned @ only 100. I guess I should work it up to 120 before the next event.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Atlantic advantage with larger crowd:
    - More help for tough events like this Destard paragons
    - Shard bound is fine, players can buy easily from others due to bigger volume than low pop.

Atlantic disadvantage with large crowd:
    - Some activities are best done in low pop and then migrated over for own use. Excess can be sold. Many examples e.g. dark father, getting Blaze Cu, Power scrolls, other activities in Fel, etc etc.

Low pop shard is exactly opposite. 

What I mean is... Atlantians also benefit from less crowded, low pop shards... when overcrowding is an issue at home. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Soloing tough Paragons means you get less drops per time. Drag them away and get drops if you are alone.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Took my accounts back to Destard tonight.  Shadow wyrms were back to spawning on level 1.  Again I saw 2 other people in the dungeon, 1 back by the ankh and one by the demons on level 2... neither stuck around more than a couple minutes.  After 20 minutes I had run through 3 paragon wyrms and 2 paragon GD.  Wasn't enjoying it with that many high end paragons so I left and logged for the night.  
    Merus said:
    Took my accounts back to Destard tonight.  Shadow wyrms were back to spawning on level 1.  Again I saw 2 other people in the dungeon, 1 back by the ankh and one by the demons on level 2... neither stuck around more than a couple minutes.  After 20 minutes I had run through 3 paragon wyrms and 2 paragon GD.  Wasn't enjoying it with that many high end paragons so I left and logged for the night.  
    Hint:

The ankh area can be used for mass killing.  They changed the dungeon so Feys spawn in the spawn area. You can drag them to your friends standing behind that stalagmite that acts like the roof supports in Navrey.  The normal spawn follows you pretty well if you are alone.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Pawain said:
    Merus said:
    Hint:

The ankh area can be used for mass killing.  They changed the dungeon so Feys spawn in the spawn area. You can drag them to your friends standing behind that stalagmite that acts like the roof supports in Navrey.  The normal spawn follows you pretty well if you are alone.
    I usually make loops through all of level 1 a few times, then clear level 2/3, then start over.  I do my best to kill everything so there isn’t any buildup or a bunch of paragons left behind.  With both wyrms and GD on level one it just feels like too many top end paragons to deal with to make it worth the time when it’s solo.  5 (at around 90-120 seconds each) of them in 20 minutes is coming close to half my time just to kill 5 mobs… not worth it.
    edited May 2022
    If you can gather 3 or 4 different kinds of toons:

Melee toon brings a crowd of mobs to the Ankh area.  The others do what they do to damage them.  You can do that over and over and when you get the hang of it and use the stalactite, the group can kill Shadow Wyrms.  That and drakes are the only dragonkin in that spawn area.

Its like doing Blackthorn captains. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    I asked my buddy ben what he thought about Atlantic once

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• RomRom Posts: 51
    On Catskills, at 8am on a weekday there are about 10 people running around collecting eggs while simultaneously zero in dungeon Destard. Pretty poor state for the event to be in.
    Do you devs think you could, quickly, flag eggs as shard bound while you're trying to figure out what else you can do?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Rom said:
    Do you devs think you could, quickly, flag eggs as shard bound while you're trying to figure out what else you can do?
    This would require acknowledgement and accountability...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Rom said:
    On Catskills, at 8am on a weekday there are about 10 people running around collecting eggs while simultaneously zero in dungeon Destard. Pretty poor state for the event to be in.
    Yup. I often have half the dungeon to myself. I kill a mob every 5-10 seconds. And the drop rate still sucks.
  • MetricanMetrican Posts: 2
    Welp, they ruined the Destard spawn on Oceania. We used to have a couple handfuls of people every night but now people aren't bothering because of the gutted spawn. It reminded me of the old Deceit bone wall. People would just rock up and cooperate and train. It was social and fun. Now it's just people recalling around collecting eggs because that's become the easiest way to get points and it is mind numbingly boring and anti-social.
    They need to really rethink how they go about these events in the future and try to disincentivise scripters and incentivise cooperation and the social aspect of it. There are suggestions elsewhere in the thread that might be worth considering.
    @Devs start by making curious eggs and fey ingots shard bound today... The more delay the more punishing this is becoming.
    Rom said:
    @ Devs start by making curious eggs and fey ingots shard bound today... The more delay the more punishing this is becoming.
    I think the Tech (coders) are too busy with NLS. Their reaction time seems to be a week or two like the scripters pile...  
    edited May 2022
    New strategy for ordinary players vs shard bound rewards.

1) Get enough shard bound reward on home shard, then fly to Atlantic. No point getting extras to resell, because Low pop shard players can’t afford.

3) Get the extra rewards at Atlantic and sell there. Make good money to buy other stuff. Gold is also not shard bound.

—-

End result:
    Extra rewards farmed on home shard don’t get ship to Atlantic. Right, they are now obtained directly at Atlantic.
    In the long run, home shard still short of shard bound rewards for new or returning players that missed the events.
    Seth said:

1) Get enough shard bound reward on home shard, then fly to Atlantic. No point getting extras to resell, because Low pop shard players can’t afford.

3) Get the extra rewards at Atlantic and sell there. Make good money to buy other stuff. Gold is also not shard bound.

—-

End result:
    Extra rewards farmed on home shard don’t get ship to Atlantic. Right, they are now obtained directly at Atlantic.
    In the long run, home shard still short of shard bound rewards for new or returning players that missed the events.
    hmmm, it's shortsighted and false to believe that low pop shard players can't afford whatever. It is my experience that deep purses line the coffers of small shards.
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

—-

End result:
    hmmm, it's shortsighted and false to believe that low pop shard players can't afford whatever. It is my experience that deep purses line the coffers of small shards.
    It's cuz there's nothing for us to buy  :D
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

—-

End result:

Yup, but even if they can afford business will be slow because of the relatively smaller pool compared to Atlantic. And if they can afford they are mostly active to do the event and so they do not need to buy. 

McDougle said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

—-

End result:
    It's cuz there's nothing for us to buy  :D
    so true!   :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Went away on vacation for a week and was thinking that maybe there would be an update to the event to tweak it a little more while I was gone but doesn't appear that there was. I hopped in for an hour on ATL (6:30am-7:30am) and I ended up with 12 drops (no potion) which I guess makes sense given that I had to run around a bit to find some spawn and I spent a decent amount of time helping kill paragons. 

Overall disappointed that the Devs didn't look to right a wrong on this event by opening Fel (I only saw positive feedback from when they switched to Fel for the weekend on ATL). I do think where we are now is an improvement over letting the scripters pile up at static spots but speaking to ATL specifically the dungeon still feels "off". It's almost like there is just barely enough spawn (like if 2 more people entered the dungeon to kill stuff there wouldn't be enough) to kill and it feels like 50% of what I see/kill are paragons (I'd expect this to be 25% max). Again it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is but it doesn't have the same feel as previous events (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

The net result is that I'm getting 12ish drops an hour and really don't want to waste a luck potion given I do not feel there is enough to kill (or there are too many paragons) to warrant wasting it. As many others have said someone can easily collect 150-200 eggs an hour (sounds like they bumped up that spawn?) which nets more drops than people in the dungeon. I think that is a poor message for players because it's an unbalanced risk vs reward equation. If my ultimate goal is to maximize drops then why would I want to run around a dungeon collecting death robes and beating up my armor when I could just recall around to collect eggs on a toon with 50 magery?

Anyway - Unless the Devs can do the right thing and open up Fel I will likely get a few more drops to get another quiver or wings (might just buy them) then stop participating in the event as it's not as fun as other events and has become too much like work. Crazy to think that there is still over an entire month left on this event and I'm already thinking about hanging it up; which means realistically for me the next time I'll actually devote time to playing UO is likely going to be over 3 months away in September when NL is supposed to release (assuming there will be zero new content put out July/August).
    The most painful thing for me now to recall around hunting eggs using a Rune Atlas is the need to click on the little blue jewel. I am sure there is a workaround as always, but that is not the point. 

"Workaround", and compromises are becoming a norm. 

The older Rune books allow clicking on the Word, which is easier for the older players. 

even a mystic Bard can get drops of course it's because the spawn broke but still 

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited June 2022

Overall, many of the changes from a few weeks ago have made the event more feasible from a playability stand point.   The one remaining trouble I seem to find is that just about every other day is that there will just be an enormous amount of paragons that make half the dungeon effectively impossible.   Especially at the choke point entrances for 2nd and 3rd floor… if there are 5+ paragons on the door, it could be a death sentence in less than five seconds.   Even in the open space area of the main floor, its rather difficult to shake the paragons.. especially if there is a GD or Shadow Wyrm on you.  The only solution seems to be to have a relatively large group..i.e. 5 or more.. to be able to grind them up.   That can be tough for late night players like myself.  

With that said, it seems likely to just be a feature of the different type of lay out of this dungeon at this point.  I am still enjoying and burning a potion of fortune every other day.  My one wish would be for the developers to consider re-opening the Fel side again.   Even if just for a few days like the last time.. it would be a nice change up.