Destard - Fey Event

Excuse the poor quality screenshot, but this is what happens every time you run into Destard.  Since the change earlier this week, i can maybe get a handful of drops every hour.  Conversely i can get at least 20 fey ingots just grabbing eggs. 

I'd like to play this but where it stands now, it's neither fun nor really practical for drops.  I'm not asking for you to make it a scripters paradise.  But maybe we can dial down the paragons and increase the other spawn around the fringe areas a bit more (please dont increase it in the middle where the dragons spawn.  Greater dragons are a pain alone without being paragons.)

Although it is a poor example, the screenshot shows zero other people farming in destard.  It was this way yesterday and it's this way today, on a weekend.  The previous weekend it was active.

Can we meet in the middle somewhere?  Thanks.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Tagged:

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    People need to specify which shard they are talking about when they give feedback on this event. 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    @dvvid I'm on Great Lakes, however since this was a global change, I didn't see the need to include the specific shard.  I just looked on a couple other shards, for example,  same thing.  There's 2 on LS and ATL maybe ten people right now.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “As far as I’m aware, they have neither increased nor decreased the paragon spawn rate, I think what you’ll find the problem is, is people killing only non paragon spawn and you’re left with only paragon. 
    You need to work together to solve the issue, same as every other shard and event of this ilk”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2022
    @Yoshi ; I didnt imply they increased the paragon rate.  Im asking them to decrease the rate.  There are significantly less people to tackle these because they changed the overall spawn rate and locations.  This is why few people are doing the event now.  at the time of the original screenshot i was the only one in the dungeon.  so its not a matter of being left with the paragons.

The evidence is the amount of people (not) doing the event.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We need to stop blaming the low amount of players in the dungeon on people playing on smaller shards no one is in destard because it's broken it has been from the start ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    @McDougle this is cause and effect.  We started with way more people on all shards and now have few people on every shard.  even atl respective to where they started.  

this last time they changed it was the beginning of last week on the 16th or 17th. And It's a noticeable change.  Most people lost interest and are no longer doing it.  Many moved back to doing eggs as mind numbing as that is.

I was just on Atl and tons of people of people in the dungeon as usual. Early hours not so much but I don’t think people are avoiding the event on ATL. 

Low population shards getting as many paragons as ATL does seem like it would be an extreme challenge. 
    Also there were more “people” in the dungeon on ATL before the change because they were scripting the hell out of it. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think really two or three players working together can handle most of what’s in the main area as long as one can tie up the paragon with a pet, by having it chase the archer, or if able to survive by fighting it in place. Never know what to expect when I go in there.  When I go in usually lucky if more than two other players are in there.  Dragons where spread out enough in the big floor area  last night that it was playable.  Only snakes in the main play area where the fey typically spawns.  Casting still really slow and targeting macro does not work on snakes and wisps most of the time.  Even using the mouse it is hard to target anything that is not standing still.  Time wise drop rate for me is about the same for collecting eggs as it is fighting in the dungeon except I don’t have to worry much about getting killed collecting eggs. 
    "lets say they decreased paragon rate and made it one in a hundred g-drags are paragon, when people kill 100 normal g drags, and leave the paragon, and kill another 100 normal drags, and leave the paragon, you still going to end up with same number of paragons.
    You have to kill paragon too"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 783
    edited May 2022
    The volume of the spawn needs to be increased significantly.  It should look more like stage 1-2 of any champ spawn.

The respawn delay needs to be decreased significantly.

It seems the min-max respawn delay has been changed globally, it also seems to affect the respawn rate of other monsters in other dungeons.  In particular, the max amount of delay seems to have been increased.  Maybe that was done to make it less predictable.

Yes, non Atlantic shards now appear to be ghost towns in destard.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Arnold7 said:
    Think really two or three players working together can handle most of what’s in the main area as long as one can tie up the paragon with a pet, by having it chase the archer, or if able to survive by fighting it in place. Never know what to expect when I go in there.  When I go in usually lucky if more than two other players are in there.  Dragons where spread out enough in the big floor area  last night that it was playable.  Only snakes in the main play area where the fey typically spawns.  Casting still really slow and targeting macro does not work on snakes and wisps most of the time.  Even using the mouse it is hard to target anything that is not standing still.  Time wise drop rate for me is about the same for collecting eggs as it is fighting in the dungeon except I don’t have to worry much about getting killed collecting eggs. 
    You can mark a rune by the ramps and other spots.  Make a gate and peek in.  I have one near the entry that I can go behind any at the entry and lead them away.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    "lets say they decreased paragon rate and made it one in a hundred g-drags are paragon, when people kill 100 normal g drags, and leave the paragon, and kill another 100 normal drags, and leave the paragon, you still going to end up with same number of paragons.
    You have to kill paragon too"
    Not if the Developers, in their wisdom, also introduce a "decay timer" for paragons whereas, if a Paragon is not killed in X time, it will despawn making room for a regular monsters to spawn in its place....

And no, with such a change players will not just disregard Paragons if there are a sufficient number of players to kill them.... why ? Because Paragons award more points towards a drop so, if there is a sufficient number of players in the Dungeon to kill Paragons in a reasonable time, my guess is that, to get more drops, they will kill the Paragons and not let them be....

Yet, such a decay timer for Paragons will make the Event playable in those cases were there is not enough players in the Dungeon to kill them at a reasonably fast rate.
    edited May 2022
    “The dungeons are self - regulating.
    if you leave only paragons, you have no choice but to kill the paragons. If you don’t, you don’t get any drops from spawn, and you have to do eggs. 
    Learning to play as part of a team is an important skill to learn, not just in uo. 
    If you do something kind for someone, you may find they do something kind in return, it’s not a guarantee but generally it’s beneficial to play nice”
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    It's easy to play on Atlantic when there are more players. Whenever we spot a shadow wrym alone we will attack and run since it can't be SOLOed. 

So all players will run towards others or a group, and this is expected. If the group can fight with pets tanking then I stay back to join in the kill to get the points.

But some times I ended up running to the door with just 10 HP left, esp if there is lag and happen to have fewer players to help.

For low pop shard, it's either running to the door with 10 HP left or going for the rez. There are no others to help.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    It's easy to play on Atlantic when there are more players. Whenever we spot a shadow wrym alone we will attack and run since it can't be SOLOed. 

So all players will run towards others or a group, and this is expected. If the group can fight with pets tanking then I stay back to join in the kill to get the points.

But some times I ended up running to the door with just 10 HP left, esp if there is lag and happen to have fewer players to help.

For low pop shard, it's either running to the door with 10 HP left or going for the rez. There are no others to help.
    I roam the main floor mostly alone on Origin with disco tamer with  RC beetle if paragons spawn i lead to door disco it get it on beetle run consume damage. Bring in sdi tamer set naga on it deathray melts them like butter so even on Origin even with just 2 people paragons are not rhe issue with this dungeon. I could list what's broken again but won't .i could list why the time effort/reward for paragons is severely broken but i won't..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “The dungeons are self - regulating.
    if you leave only paragons, you have no choice but to kill the paragons. If you don’t, you don’t get any drops from spawn, and you have to do eggs. 
    Learning to play as part of a team is an important skill to learn, not just in uo. 
    If you do something kind for someone, you may find they do something kind in return, it’s not a guarantee but generally it’s beneficial to play nice”
    I can understand the desire to "force" group play onto players from the Developers yet, there indeed can be instances whereas in the Dungeon not enough players to deal with the Paragons, at least the tougher ones, can be present....

Without a decay timer for unkilled Paragons coming into place, as it has been noted, Paragons get piling up and make the unplayability of the dungeon even worse....

A decay timer for unkilled Paragons, instead, would make the dungeon and the Event still playable also in those instances where not enough players can be in the dungeon to deal with those Paragons intended for "group hunt".....

Yes, indeed, courtesies usually are returned, and that is a good thing.... the problem here, though, is the "lack" of sufficient players to deal with the Paragons as a "group" play..... and it is hard to get any courtesy from inexistant players at that given time in the dungeon.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

I roam the main floor mostly alone on Origin with disco tamer with  RC beetle if paragons spawn i lead to door disco it get it on beetle run consume damage. Bring in sdi tamer set naga on it deathray melts them like butter so even on Origin even with just 2 people paragons are not rhe issue with this dungeon. I could list what's broken again but won't .i could list why the time effort/reward for paragons is severely broken but i won't..
    That's why Tamers call Shadow Wyrms Glass Cannons.
     And why we don't use them as pets.

Dungeon needs faster respawn and it would be fine.  But so did all the others.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As we already have an existing thread on this topic, I will lock this one. Please use this thread instead:

This discussion has been closed.