Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:
    Why does my shard bound items on LS bother you on Atlantic?  Please explain.

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.

"because any item you obtain on a 'dead' shard to increase your PvM power will be used to farm powerscrolls and ship to live shards, i wouldn't mind if powerscrolls were shard bound"
    My pets eat power scrolls If I get them.  I play with small groups.  I don't like crowds.Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.

How dare i think a MMO should be about playing with others and not being able to solo everything in the entire game! What was i thinking?

I rarely play alone unless forced to by a Dungeon like this.  I probably play more hours with others than both of you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I ran my accounts (2 archers/2 bards) on Napa this morning for about 2 hours.  For the most part I was the only one in the dungeon.  I rotated through all areas killing everything.  After 2 hours with no potions I had about 35 drops (15/16 for each archer and 1/2 on each bard).  I can say I easily spent more time looking for stuff to kill than actually fighting.  For the archers that’s about 8 drops per hour, which IMO is absolutely pitiful.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 

OMFG  Are you sitting down @Pawain, I 1000% agree with this statement.  I am so tired of hearing about merging shards.  Leave our dead shards alone.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Lord_Frodo said: Leave our dead shards alone.
    We are. That's why they're still dead  ;)

On a serious note, the push pull on the devs with "my shard is too easy, my shard is too hard" does nothing to help anyone on any shard. 
    Urge said:

On a serious note, the push pull on the devs with "my shard is too easy, my shard is too hard" does nothing to help anyone on any shard. 
    And the only solution you have is to wipe them out.  Here is a better solution DESTORY ATL SHARD and randomly move them to shards in their time zones.
    Urge said:

Exactly.

But for some reason this dungeon had a bunch of players on LS the first 2 nights, then Destard became empty of players.

There are players calling out in chat for Mel runs and community hunts.  The players are on but Destard is not engaging them.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Radst said:

In summary: this event has been a huge disaster due to poor planning.

30 SECONDS PER DROP during the first 2 days. Yes, you hear that right. A lot of people easily got 1,000+ points. After that, you could get 20 drops per hour from "the pile". That lasted for almost 2.5 weeks. Say that's another 3,000 points.

I lost count but I have enough points for myself and more, so yes most people have retired from this stupidity.

Early bird catches the worm, late comer catches death robe
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Urge said:

And the only solution you have is to wipe them out.  Here is a better solution DESTORY ATL SHARD and randomly move them to shards in their time zones.

That would be a form of consolidating and exactly what i wrote. Nowhere did i say move everyone to Atl. A new mega shard per time zone with adequate housing would be fantastic. 

Dead shards and solo temps go against everything a MMO was meant to be. I said what i said like it or not. 

Urge said:
    Urge said:

That would be a form of consolidating and exactly what i wrote. Nowhere did i say move everyone to Atl. A new mega shard per time zone with adequate housing would be fantastic. 

Dead shards and solo temps go against everything a MMO was meant to be. I said what i said like it or not. 

NO NO NO MAGA SHARD just delete ATL, problem solved.
    Atlantic is back to dynamic event standard. Poor paragons...

edited May 2022
    Aright, its fine to fight at Atlantic but the drop rate is low. 

So if you are late and missed the boat then you need to buy from the early bird scripters and bots. The hardworking players, if you can't get enough drops by end of event, you can still buy from others. We need to reward the afk scripters with cash and gold and make them rich. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    401 comments on this and not a peep from the developers...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    401 comments on this and not a peep from the developers...
    They changed the spawn pretty quick, then they put the event in fel for a weekend.  Then they changed the spawn again so we have the 3rd iteration of Destard.

I do not need to hear from them, why do you on every post?  I'd rather they keep working with the game and the majority of players issues, not stupid book straps and Garg wing armor that they clearly do not need, refer to all the gargs in the first and second iterations of Destard.

@Kyronix Memorial Day Mayhem Open the hole on all shards but Atlantic and let Atlantic have Fel again!!
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2022

Seth said:
    Ah yes and a dead level 5 Triton who thinks Consume damage will protect it but the owner loses all his mana even with 120 med and 120 focus and then loses the consume damage and dies.  

Wow nice game design. Try solo on a loow poop shard.

My Disco/Tamer with 120 Taming/120 Lore/80 Med can run Consume Damage indefinitely with 40% LMC and even just 8 MR (Luck Suit). With my Mage Suit on (30 MR), i can even spam Greater Heals while running Consume Damage, and be fine on mana for quite awhile. If you ran out of Mana while running Consume Damage, you were either spamming other spells too heavily, got Mana Drained/Vamped (which cancels Consume Damage if your mana is too low when it ticks for it's upkeep cost), or Paralyzed (which cancels Consume Damage channel).

Pawain said:
    3 melee toons can kill them if they cross heal but most play the selfish Sampire template that can do nothing for another player.
    Yep. Too many people using the All Offense Swords Sampire (which self heals through offense normally, but can't against the "Treasures of " Paragons). An oldschool Macer emphasizes Defense, and so can solo the "Treasures of " Paragons. I have two "Juggernaught" Macers (120 Macing/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Heal/GM Parry/80-100 Resist/100-120 Chiv) between Atlantic and Napa, and they both have been able to solo any Paragon present in the "Treasures of " Events (a Blood Oath from a Para SW at the wrong time can still suck though), the same kinds of Paragons that sent Sampires running and screaming for their lives. I've kept many Sampires alive too with my bandy cross healing.

With a Tamer's pet Consume Damage tanking the Paragon, and a dexxer spamming AI on the Paragon at the same time, the Paragons become a cake walk.

Seth said:
    Ah yes and a dead level 5 Triton who thinks Consume damage will protect it but the owner loses all his mana even with 120 med and 120 focus and then loses the consume damage and dies.  

My Disco/Tamer with 120 Taming/120 Lore/80 Med can run Consume Damage indefinitely with 40% LMC and even just 8 MR (Luck Suit). With my Mage Suit on (30 MR), i can even spam Greater Heals while running Consume Damage, and be fine on mana for quite awhile. If you ran out of Mana while running Consume Damage, you were either spamming other spells too heavily, got Mana Drained/Vamped (which cancels Consume Damage if your mana is too low when it ticks for it's upkeep cost), or Paralyzed (which cancels Consume Damage channel).

A single player can solo the Paragon SWs/GDs/AWs with a well built/equipped Macer with Healing (the Para SWs can be risky though if they Blood Oath you right as you're about to AI). With a Tamer's pet Consume Damage tanking the Paragon, and a dexxer spamming AI on the Paragon at the same time, the Paragons become a cake walk.
    I have seen Bear Corpse YouTube video solo a Stygian with a Macing Sampire. If we need such a powerful character to kill a no name paragon, i think its overpowered. Also it should give 100% chance drop for each kill.
    I would love a drop per paragon.  I'd take my Tamer, Archer Bard, and Melee toon.  Drops would pour like rain. 3 drops in 5s,10s,30s.  whatever.  I can already solo all but the 3 top dragon paragons.  The feys are not impressive, The tree man is annoying with the dismount and they attack me even tho I have pos Karma.
  • Pawain said:
    The feys are not impressive, The tree man is annoying with the dismount and they attack me even tho I have pos Karma.
    What's even more annoying, is that not only do the Treefellows attack you with positive Karma and Dismount you, but you even lose Karma for killing them. My Macers used to be capped at 32,000 Karma before Treasures of Destard...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited May 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Think it should be obvious by now one size does not fit all. What works on Atlantic does not work on other shards due to the number of players and apparently the number of cheaters on each shard with different shards having more or less of each.  Am guessing software only allows one size and that that is the problem.

Software also, and has for awhile now, appears to be erratic.  Could be my computer but could also be UO.  A few years ago it behaved normally except for the occasional slow down during boss fights but now I never know what to expect for day to day.  In Destard for example when I am killed in the middle of the dungeon I can see fine but when I get near the entrance the lights go out even though the rest of the dungeon is well lighted.  Last night while hunting eggs near the Britain moongate the screen started to go from light to dark.  Also, most days while hunting eggs the scrolling is smooth but some days my avatar just jumps around.

Really think, considering all the discussions regarding this event, maybe UO should consider providing an update to shed some light on some of the issues being raised.

Think it should be obvious by now one size does not fit all. What works on Atlantic does not work on other shards due to the number of players and apparently the number of cheaters on each shard with different shards having more or less of each. 

Well, I imagine, that this could be dealt with by relating the spawn of Paragons to the number of players present in the Dungeon.... that is, the lesser the players present in the dungeon, the LESS likely it will be for a Paragon to spawn.... as well as..... by introducing a "despawn" timer on Paragons whereas, if a Paragon is not killed in X time, it will despawn and leave room to a regular Monster in its place....

The incentive to kill Paragons still is all there since, Paragons award more points towards a drop.

Yet, with these adjustments, Shards with a lower presence of players would not result in getting "stuck" with Paragons piling up and not enough players to kill them...

If there are sufficient players to kill them, players will kill them to get more points towards drops and, because of a sufficient number of players present in the Dungeon, Paragons will have a higher likeliness to spawn and, will not despawn because players will kill them before their despawn timer lapses...

On the other end, if the number of players in the dungeon is low, and players are not able to kill the Paragons, because of the lower number of players present, Paragons will much less likely spawn and, if players are not enough to kill them, Paragons after the set X time will also despawn making room for regular Monsters and not permitting to Paragons to "pile up" and make the dungeon unplayable to those few players.

What do you think, @Kyronix , can such an adjustment to the spawn mechanics work to permit to lower population Shards' players still be able to play the Event ?
    edited May 2022
    It may sound weird but I agree that paragons should be added or removed dynamically based on number of active players inside.

I thought that was the case since wildfire, but it was total spawn vs players inside.

Since the destard paragons are worse or as powerful as Stygian/Virtuebane/Ozimandas, they need to be regulated actively.

So far fastest death is 2 seconds from a shadow wrym paragon. That is as powerful or worse than some named bosses. 

This isn't right, and unprecedented.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

Seth said:

Pawain said:
    3 melee toons can kill them if they cross heal but most play the selfish Sampire template that can do nothing for another player.
    Yep. Too many people using the All Offense Swords Sampire (which self heals through offense normally, but can't against the "Treasures of " Paragons). An oldschool Macer emphasizes Defense, and so can solo the "Treasures of " Paragons. I have two "Juggernaught" Macers (120 Macing/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Heal/GM Parry/80-100 Resist/100-120 Chiv) between Atlantic and Napa, and they both have been able to solo any Paragon present in the "Treasures of " Events (a Blood Oath from a Para SW at the wrong time can still suck though), the same kinds of Paragons that sent Sampires running and screaming for their lives. I've kept many Sampires alive too with my bandy cross healing.

With a Tamer's pet Consume Damage tanking the Paragon, and a dexxer spamming AI on the Paragon at the same time, the Paragons become a cake walk.

@PlayerSkillFTW ;

May I ask what do you mean by "Juggernaught" Macer ?

If you mean using the 2 items juggernaught Set (Shield and Weapon) for the set bonus,

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-item-sets/

That I am aware of, the weapon is a Viking Sword which is not a macing weapon but, rather, a swordsmanship weapon....

So, what do you mean by "Juggernaught" Macer ?

Thanks.
    Pawain said:
    The feys are not impressive, The tree man is annoying with the dismount and they attack me even tho I have pos Karma.
    What's even more annoying, is that not only do the Treefellows attack you with positive Karma and Dismount you, but you even lose Karma for killing them. My Macers used to be capped at 32,000 Karma before Treasures of Destard...
    Yeah that is unfair to lose karma for killing a grey.

They don't follow the classifications set for the games, another example is item class like brittle is missing for some items and we have to remind ourselves jewelry are non pofable.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Did another hour this morning and got about 10 drops on each archer.  Saw one other person in the dungeon for about 10 minutes.  Cleared spawn on all 3 levels, and like before its so much running around in order to find spawn to kill... especially fey.  They could easily double the amount of fey monsters and it would still be manageable IMO.

I will say this, both yesterday and today there were no shadow wyrms on level one.  Not having Paragon Wyms and Greater Dragons on the same level was a definite improvement.  During yesterdays 2 hours I had about 6 paragon greaters to deal with, today was 2.  I would absolutely advocate for keeping this dynamic at least on the slower shards.
  • popps said:

Thanks.

A "Juggernaught" Macer is the nickname i gave to the build. It's a heavily defensive build, focusing on mitigating incoming damage by neutering the opponent's swing speed (via Stagger's -60% SSI debuff and Hit Fatigue dropping their Stamina to 0), while also having high damage mitigation itself (Parry+Resist). It can even have higher than normal Max Hitpoints, due to Macing Mastery's "Toughness" ability (i go from 150 Max Health to 176 Max Health with this).
    It's essentially a "Tank" build that i initially used for Blackthorn's Captains and Exodus, but became even more useful when the "Treasures of " Events started with Paragons that were immune to Life Leech/Life Drain.

I like calling it the "Juggernaught", because of this. Lol.

It's essentially a "Tank" build that i initially used for Blackthorn's Captains and Exodus, but became even more useful when the "Treasures of " Events started with Paragons that were immune to Life Leech/Life Drain.

I've been putting making a character like that off for a year or more. I am completely undecided if i want to use a hpr suit with basic healing or go off the wall with a mirror image 4/6 chiv essence of wind kind of gimp. 

Do you also utilize feint with your build? 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:

Thanks.

A "Juggernaught" Macer is the nickname i gave to the build. It's a heavily defensive build, focusing on mitigating incoming damage by neutering the opponent's swing speed (via Stagger's -60% SSI debuff and Hit Fatigue dropping their Stamina to 0), while also having high damage mitigation itself (Parry+Resist). It can even have higher than normal Max Hitpoints, due to Macing Mastery's "Toughness" ability (i go from 150 Max Health to 176 Max Health with this).

I like calling it the "Juggernaught", because of this. Lol.

I really wish hit fatigue was imbuable on weapons instead of reforging.
  • Urge said:

I've been putting making a character like that off for a year or more. I am completely undecided if i want to use a hpr suit with basic healing or go off the wall with a mirror image 4/6 chiv essence of wind kind of gimp. 

The "Juggernaught" Macer build (120 Macing/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Parry/80-100 Resist/100-120 Chiv) doesn't have Bushido, so no Feint. It uses a shield for Parrying. The skills can be moved around for 120 Parry or 120 Resist.
    I use apples and petals instead of resist so I can have Bushido.  Nothing steals from you in this dungeon.
    Urge said:

The "Juggernaught" Macer build (120 Macing/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Parry/80-100 Resist/100-120 Chiv) doesn't have Bushido, so no Feint. It uses a shield for Parrying. The skills can be moved around for 120 Parry or 120 Resist.
    Gm parry is enough for blackthorn? I've never had luck there on any template and don't want to waste anymore scrolls on a specialized character without solid results. I really didn't expect bare bones basics to be effective there. 

Here's the temp i've been debating on. 

120 wep 120 tact 120 parry 120 chiv 120 weave 90 ninja 30 med with shield(4/6 mirror image feint winder, in and out of unicorn form when fighting assassin) I can see mana problems coming from this one without leech. 

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Urge said:

^^^^  This.

I can attest to this build being my favorite non-sampire melee fighter.  I took feedback from PlayerSkillFTW, adjusted skills a bit to my personal preference and made a pretty solid Macer that can go toe to toe with just about anything.   

Macing weapons are underrated...especially the barbed whips that have whirlwind and can be used on spawns.   Complimented with a powerful shield, it gives you a good chunk of extra mods that you won't have playing with a fighter that relies on two-handed weapons.

One trick that needs to be mastered for this build is timing and hit point management.  You need to develop a rhythm for applying bandages and/or using Close Wounds.  I have found that having high HPR is must for this template.   Shrine bonuses and fish pies are a big help if you're not at max.  

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    On ATL I use a Mage-archer currently (inc jewels/armor) : Anatomy 100, Archery 106, Heal 98, Tact 99, Chiv 87, Eval 115, Mage 115, Med 34.  Stats: Str 148 (HP 149),Dex 147 (stam 163) and using Fey tali,  Abhorrence XBow (ML 40% Hit Lightning 35% HDL 20 SC (No Minus FC) Bane ssi 35% DI 50%. I switch to a Mag SBow: Reptile slayer, HDL 38% Hit Lightning 50% HML 37% DI 35%.  Luck ranges 530 to 1200ish (statue rub). I average 7-10 drops an hour and stay mounted on ethy since spawn no longer static. I concentrate on doing a bit of damage to all targets and seldom waste the time soloing any mob. Quantity vs Quality gets me decent drops. Tossing poision fields and 2 EV's helps a lot too.

Any other shard I get 1-2 drops per hour and spend time instead gathering eggs.