Strong Need for Wandering Healers all over the place in Malas

I'd love to have some wandering healers in malas; even in remote locations. Here's my story.

Doing a treasure map over the mountains east of Luna. I lagged, crashed, and my game locked up, so I couldn't log back in for a couple minutes. When I got back on, I was quite dead. No healers around so I had to use the "stuck" option. I was transported to Britain & I ran to a healer all the way on the other side of the city, logged in & out to get my pet back. Went back and did the map.

There ya go...

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Either wondering healers or ankhs.

• TimSt said:
    Either wondering healers or ankhs.

Maybe Both, but not just ankhs alone.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited May 2022
    I stopped doing solo treasure hunts in Malas for this reason. Those Minotaur generals can get a little mean and, sure, death happens. But I -hate- having to run allll the way back to Luna or Umbra just cause I got distracted for a moment and died.

Having said that, don’t forget you can self res with a few different options.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Probably not a popular opinion here, but a second EJ account with the ability to recall and res might provide a solution to dying in remote locations.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Minotaur generals pack a punch.  Easy enough if you are a mage though.  Lead one away a safe distance then cast EV twice from a safe distance and invis.  Repeat until dead.  When really low on life you can finish them of with an energy bolt or two if you wish.  Death ray does not work on them.  They will attack you before you can cast it.  Just EV and invis.  Takes awhile but eventually they will go down.  Do chests in Malas all the time as a mage.  Use EV on Minotaurs and the necromamacers with a mouth in their stomach.  If you are not a mage, can’t help much.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Use flame strike or meteor storm on the generals and they die quickly if you are equipped with a bovine slayer.
    Yes but that slayer book is hard to find.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    if I'm going to be in an area without a healer and am pretty sure I'll need one... I go find one, give him a little love arrow of fire and let him chase me back the area I'm at. Inviz via spell or potion or hiding and there you have one. I just make he's not too close  to get hurt by anything. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    It would be easiest to train an EJ account with a GM mage, magery, med, eval. Then fit him with cheap 100 LRC suit and he shall be your free healer on call.

I always use my mage or vet to heal and rez my own player or pet stucked inside some deep dungeons..
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • While the backup EJ account is a creative idea, Wandering Healers all over the place would be better in my opinion. We could also use a few more in the other facets too.
    edited May 2022
    While the backup EJ account is a creative idea, Wandering Healers all over the place would be better in my opinion. We could also use a few more in the other facets too.
    Ofcourse, it would be a great idea to ask for wandering healers wherever u like, if the Dev are responsive.

Alot of things would beautiful if they are just 10% more responsive than they are now.

But I would be surprised if they place this request above all else. There is a queue. 

So like everyone, we came up with our own solution, work around and self help.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Why change anything just use the Sacrifice Virtue. 
    Easy to earn and lets you self resurrect with all you stuff.

That was the answer I got last time I complained about this sort of thing.
    edited May 2022
    Tim said:

It's too far if it's dead on level 4 of deceit and across the pit that separate that level...
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Before I dig a treasure map, I mark a rune labeled "current map"  for this very reason.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Always worth venturing into player houses, many people have resurrection shrine vet rewards"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Tim said:

sorry, you meant the virtue, yeah that works!
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Bumping this thread because I'm bitter. It isn't fun to have to rely on the Stuck option, to cheese the game with a second account, or to traverse the featureless nothingness that is Malas. You're in the Malas overworld. You aren't in a dungeon. You aren't someplace arcane. It's a Trammel ruleset. There should be healers.

Malas is already such a poorly designed facet and is such a relic of some of the worst decisions UO has ever made, that I think it'll be fine if we add some healers here and there -- not to mention consistent with just about every other facet.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Healers and vets should be hireable NPCs  that follow you around 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Sacrifice or a second account hidden  the general area in remote malas areas works for me.
    I use a mage and mark a rune in the general area of the chest when I treasure hunt.  I just remark the rune over and over for subsequent chests.  It’s often a long run to the healer but always have enough time to get back and reclaim my body.  But, if as in this discussion the game crashes, agree you may be out of luck.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get reconnected.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Arnold7 said:
    I use a mage and mark a rune in the general area of the chest when I treasure hunt.  I just remark the rune over and over for subsequent chests.  It’s often a long run to the healer but always have enough time to get back and reclaim my body.  But, if as in this discussion the game crashes, agree you may be out of luck.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get reconnected.

I don't crash often but do have semi regular power outages that last from 1 minute to a hour. Just part of living way out in the sticks with a Krappy electric Co-Op.  But it is very annoying when it happens at the bottom of a dungeon or where there are no healers. Always a roll of the dice if the power will be back on in time to collect your corpse.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    “I do t-maps on my tamer. Sometimes crash/lose power (not uo fault)
    but I always log back in dead because my triton disappears as soon as I lose connection, pet should at least remain in game guarding me until I log out.
    Sampire still swings but tamer no auto defend when pet disappears insta on crash/disconnect. “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.