Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “The devs have tweaked and adjusted things enough now, let them get on with doing whatever it is they do now please”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286

Keeping the Paragons cleared out is in everyone's best interest because of this.

Fairly certain this has always been the case with these "Treasures Of ..." events - keeping paragons cleared out. It's just that too many people would rather leave them for others to fight and kill, or die while trying.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742

Keeping the Paragons cleared out is in everyone's best interest because of this.

Fairly certain this has always been the case with these "Treasures Of ..." events - keeping paragons cleared out. It's just that too many people would rather leave them for others to fight and kill, or die while trying.
    If you sell me a potion good for 20 minutes am i gonna waste any minutes killing something with no reward 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    This is tough.

fully refined armor with 75 resist, bushido 120 counter attack and parry 120.
    150 HP to 30 HP in 2 seconds at the entrance with 2 normal GD and 1 paragon crystal lattice seeker.

I thought I can leech off the 2 GD and fight the paragon but yet its impossible.

Now the dungeon is a ghost town on low pop shard.

Its fine to be challenging say 10% of the event, but when the whole event is 90% challenging then its not going to be fun. :(

Can you stop reading and do something? Dev? Yeah stop reading this forum and I think we have written enough. Do something.

We don't pay sub to write in forum, we pay to play a game.

I am officially pissed.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Pac_ManPac_Man Posts: 5
    If they made it so paragons always dropped a fey item I’d see a whole latta teamwork, communication, and people acualy in destard. But till then. I’ll just be that tamer everyone pulls paragons to then runs away.
    We are out here trying even on Origin and Pacific.. but creating something that requires killing as fast as possible then populating it with time consuming super monsters almost feels like trolling....
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    Arctic Ogre Lord paragons were hitting for 75 on a full 70
    Pac_Man said:
    If they made it so paragons always dropped a fey item I’d see a whole latta teamwork, communication, and people acualy in destard.
    This suggestion has been made multiple times. I brought the idea up first in previous events (twice before today). The top paragons that require teamwork to consistently kill (succubus, fire daemon, balron, shadow wurm, greater dragon for example) should drop at least one gauranteed random drop. Dropping 3 event items to random participants would be even better incentive. Not every paragon warrants a drop. Lesser paragons can be soloed consistently by a variety of classes. They are not "spawn blockers". The point is to provide incentive to keep the spawn going not to create "paragon hunters" who will easily rack up hundreds of drops and then quit the event.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    We are out here trying even on Origin and Pacific.. but creating something that requires killing as fast as possible then populating it with time consuming super monsters almost feels like trolling....
    Origin is unplayable... this is definitely griefing.. which seems the aim of the devs
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Arctic Ogre Lord paragons were hitting for 75 on a full 70
    Pac_Man said:
    If they made it so paragons always dropped a fey item I’d see a whole latta teamwork, communication, and people acualy in destard.
    This suggestion has been made multiple times. I brought the idea up first in previous events (twice before today). The top paragons that require teamwork to consistently kill (succubus, fire daemon, balron, shadow wurm, greater dragon for example) should drop at least one gauranteed random drop. Dropping 3 event items to random participants would be even better incentive. Not every paragon warrants a drop. Lesser paragons can be soloed consistently by a variety of classes. They are not "spawn blockers". The point is to provide incentive to keep the spawn going not to create "paragon hunters" who will easily rack up hundreds of drops and then quit the event.
    It would seem like you could code any paragon with more than 600/700 strength or 160 bard difficulty to give a guaranteed drop to everyone on the top attackers list (basically looting rights).  All the paragons that are avoided/lured away would turn into the prime targets virtually instantly.
    edited May 2022
    Merus said:

It would seem like you could code any paragon with more than 600/700 strength or 160 bard difficulty to give a guaranteed drop to everyone on the top attackers list (basically looting rights).  All the paragons that are avoided/lured away would turn into the prime targets virtually instantly.

Yup. Every event up to Hythloth I could solo all the paragons and made it a matter of pride to do so. The paragon balrons I had to duo. No way in heck can I solo the paragon GD or SW in this one. When I had to duo the balrons, I enjoyed working together with the players who were there day in and day out. We made short work of them together.
    Merus said:

Yup. Every event up to Hythloth I could solo all the paragons and made it a matter of pride to do so. The paragon balrons I had to duo. No way in heck can I solo the paragon GD or SW in this one. When I had to duo the balrons, I enjoyed working together with the players who were there day in and day out. We made short work of them together.
    It takes my two tamers about 15  to kill the gd paragons is the time commitment worth the "increased" drop points?? No no no..
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    McDougle said:
    Merus said:

It takes my two tamers about 15  to kill the gd paragons is the time commitment worth the "increased" drop points?? No no no..
    With my setup I can drop the paragon GD or SW in under 2 minutes, but it’s kinda intense and 1 missed keystroke usual leaves my screens grey.   It’s pretty disappointing to go though several of them and still have little to nothing to show for it with the current spawn/drop dynamics.
    McDougle said:

The massive amount of hp combined with the pet damage nerf to paragons makes it take forever. Add in two people who can AI and it goes much much faster. It seems like it takes 4 people to effectively deal with para SW / GD with at least 2 of these being top end dps.

edited May 2022
    “People who are complaining that they can’t kill a mob/s intended for multiple players, on low population shard because there are not enough players, need to re-evaluate their choices

on Atlantic between about 10 people took about 3 mins to kill 2 Paragon G Drags, and I tanked both of them at same time on my triton without even having to vet it, just consume damage mastery running”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “People who are complaining that they can’t kill a mob/s intended for multiple players, on low population shard because there are not enough players, need to re-evaluate their choices

on Atlantic between about 10 people took about 3 mins to kill 2 Paragon G Drags, and I tanked both of them at same time on my triton without even having to vet it, just consume damage mastery running”
    hello, who on earth would compare Atlantic with 10 people to kill a Paragon GD as an analogy to a low Population shard. 

Try 1 people to kill 1 Paragon GD with no help. And Paragon GD target the tamer, right @popps ?

The above ended with 1 grey robe and the GD still standing and rez killing another guy trying to get to his corpse. 
    Ah yes and a dead level 5 Triton who thinks Consume damage will protect it but the owner loses all his mana even with 120 med and 120 focus and then loses the consume damage and dies.  

Wow nice game design. Try solo on a loow poop shard.

edited May 2022
    “That’s my point, stop trying to solo, do with 9+ more people, it’s not a solo mob.
    you’re choosing to play on a low pop shard.

Have you 120 taming and lore real skill? Masteries run off real skill so reduced mana cost at 120 real skill”
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “That’s my point, stop trying to solo, do with 9+ more people, it’s not a solo mob.

Have you 120 taming and lore real skill? Masteries run off real skill so reduced mana cost at 120 real skill”
    The exact problem lies with "Low population shard", and if its our main shard, and items are shard bound. So we should all migrate to Atlantic and shut down all low pop shards?

Low population means very few players on the shard, relative to Atlantic. 
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:

well, forgot its the tamer mage and not mystic mage, so no focus. 

But its sure 120 real skills for all. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited May 2022
    The issue is on LOW POPULATION shards where often, there is not a group large enough to be able to deal with Paragons...

And what does then happen ?

Paragons PILE UP making it impossible to play in the dungeon.

Eggs ?

Sure, they "could" be a valid alternative option " IF ", and this is a BIG if, they were not held hostage, especially on low population shards, by some players AFK scripting the gathering of them because they can....

So, playing in the Dungeon is not an option because of Paragons, gathering eggs is neither an option because of AFK scripters... hardly anything seems to be left to players who, on low population shards, might want to get some Rewards with this Event...

@Kyronix , don't you think that something, on some Shards, might not be working as intended and there could be players unable to play the Event and get the Rewards that they want ?
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022

The spawn rate is still really funky on Atlantic.   

Last night, the top section of the main floor seemed to be clear of spawn for more than 40 minutes of the potion I popped.  The respawn timer really needs to get a little quicker. 

I play on  Origin perhaps the deadest of the dead shards and do okay with paragons I'm sure everyone is aware of my displeasure with this event but the paragons are no more of a problem than in previous dungeons 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yoshi said:

3 melee toons can kill them if they cross heal but most play the selfish Sampire template that can do nothing for another player.

Or a couple of throwers with a tank also doing damage.

But as said it's hard to get a cooperative group on any shard. But it's easy to get 10 individuals on Atlantic.

Best technique is to handle this like Blackthorn Captains. Go with a group concentrate on the same area. Move to next area.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think it should be obvious by now one size does not fit all. What works on Atlantic does not work on other shards due to the number of players and apparently the number of cheaters on each shard with different shards having more or less of each.  Am guessing software only allows one size and that that is the problem.

Software also, and has for awhile now, appears to be erratic.  Could be my computer but could also be UO.  A few years ago it behaved normally except for the occasional slow down during boss fights but now I never know what to expect for day to day.  In Destard for example when I am killed in the middle of the dungeon I can see fine but when I get near the entrance the lights go out even though the rest of the dungeon is well lighted.  Last night while hunting eggs near the Britain moongate the screen started to go from light to dark.  Also, most days while hunting eggs the scrolling is smooth but some days my avatar just jumps around.

Really think, considering all the discussions regarding this event, maybe UO should consider providing an update to shed some light on some of the issues being raised.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Urge said:
    It's been past time to consolidate shards. The devs cannot win with worldwide events when one shard can field a thousand active players and others struggle to yield 10. 

It's bad enough they've allowed players solo gameplay with samps but to sit and let players have almost solo shards as well in an MMO just doesn't sit well with me. 
    Why does my shard bound items on LS bother you on Atlantic?  Please explain.

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    edited May 2022

In summary: this event has been a huge disaster due to poor planning.

30 SECONDS PER DROP during the first 2 days. Yes, you hear that right. A lot of people easily got 1,000+ points. After that, you could get 20 drops per hour from "the pile". That lasted for almost 2.5 weeks. Say that's another 3,000 points.

I lost count but I have enough points for myself and more, so yes most people have retired from this stupidity.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

Many of us would quit before going to a shard with a bunch of players with your attitude.

How dare i think a MMO should be about playing with others and not being able to solo everything in the entire game! What was i thinking?

edited May 2022
    Pawain said:

"because any item you obtain on a 'dead' shard to increase your PvM power will be used to farm powerscrolls and ship to live shards, i wouldn't mind if powerscrolls were shard bound"
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    McDougle said:
    I play on  Origin perhaps the deadest of the dead shards and do okay with paragons I'm sure everyone is aware of my displeasure with this event but the paragons are no more of a problem than in previous dungeons 
    Yeah, we do alright on Origin. you only need a couple of archers and one Mage to toss a heal in emergencies to take down Paragons in there. if there's a cluster of them, that's a different strategy though.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo