• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    5 seconds to no life  :(

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RomRom Posts: 51
    Seth said:
    @ Rom
    I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun

Yup, we want fun and also sense of achievement.
    2 drops in 3 hours. I understand the sense of achievement. The items do not seem superior to such that is acquired from the roof encounter or blackthorn dungeon, but at that rate I observed drops playing continuously for 3 hours in the current instance of the event it would take 75 hours to get a low tier equipable item? It is not rewarding in comparison to the other systems currently in place, yet because it has the scarcity of an event attached to it that should be ignored?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    What are you killing to have that poor a level of drops?  No character I have taken there has had as bad a result as that.

Drops are linked to the fame of the creature, with a slight bias (as far as I've observed) to the fey creatures. You will get less drops if you concentrate on low fame creatures native to the dungeon. A player killing only water elementals or giant serpents, for example, will get a poor level of drops, especially if avoiding paragons of those creatures.
    What are you killing to have that poor a level of drops?  No character I have taken there has had as bad a result as that.

Drops are linked to the fame of the creature, with a slight bias (as far as I've observed) to the fey creatures. You will get less drops if you concentrate on low fame creatures native to the dungeon. A player killing only water elementals or giant serpents, for example, will get a poor level of drops, especially if avoiding paragons of those creatures.
    Indiscriminately killing whatever I found, including paragons, walking from south east water area to north west stairs.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s really weird how some people are getting such low drop rates.  I’ve found I can get 3 in 10-20 minutes. I have some luck on my suit but often forget to use the luck statue and haven’t used a fortune potion for this event yet. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    dvvid said:
    It’s really weird how some people are getting such low drop rates.  I’ve found I can get 3 in 10-20 minutes. I have some luck on my suit but often forget to use the luck statue and haven’t used a fortune potion for this event yet. 
    Are you on Atlantic?  There is quite a difference in spawn and killing paragons on other shards.

If he is spending time slowly killing paragons in between the few mobs that spawn he will get 2 drops an hour.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I played off and on 6 hours yesterday on Origin got 18 drops felt ok to me
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited May 2022
    It's mainly about quantity. If you are not killing several mobs a minute, you are going to see low drop rates. The re-spawn rate now is too low. We can clear most of 1st, all of second pretty quick with the exception of a few GD / SW paragons... then we often sit around waiting for mobs to spawn.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:
    Are you on Atlantic?  There is quite a difference in spawn and killing paragons on other shards.

If he is spending time slowly killing paragons in between the few mobs that spawn he will get 2 drops an hour.
    Yeah I am ATL.  I can see what you mean about having a lower kill count over time being an issue..it does seem like quantity is crucial, of course luck as well.  ATL has plenty of people killing stuff and often people will run over to any paragon to help kill it.  I can see this being tricky on less populated shards.  
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Thats the key point here I think.  This current iteration of Destard is tuned well to Atlantic, but terribly to the other shards.   
    Im managing to turn around 10 pts per hour on my dexer, and thats going full tilt as hard and fast as I can.  

I cant imagine the frustration of someone who isnt rocking a top end expensive suit must feel.  
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Kaz said:
    Thats the key point here I think.  This current iteration of Destard is tuned well to Atlantic, but terribly to the other shards.   
    Im managing to turn around 10 pts per hour on my dexer, and thats going full tilt as hard and fast as I can.  

I cant imagine the frustration of someone who isnt rocking a top end expensive suit must feel.  
    Or the anger of one rocking a mega top tier suit which is just being damaged with not much to account for it... Have had to repair many pieces that just wear out for this... not worth it. I mean, the suits are there to be used and have good chances at killing things and what not.. but One expects that will be rewarding.. this is just taxing and I'm hating it
    Archangel said:
    One expects that will be rewarding.. this is just taxing and I'm hating it

edited May 2022
    Rom said:
    Seth said:
    @ Rom
    I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun

Yup, we want fun and also sense of achievement.
    2 drops in 3 hours. I understand the sense of achievement. The items do not seem superior to such that is acquired from the roof encounter or blackthorn dungeon, but at that rate I observed drops playing continuously for 3 hours in the current instance of the event it would take 75 hours to get a low tier equipable item? It is not rewarding in comparison to the other systems currently in place, yet because it has the scarcity of an event attached to it that should be ignored?
    Agreed.

Frankly speaking the way they designed the "challenging" monsters ... even those "powerful" rewards like the Balron Armor or SSI Epaulette from past events feel like newbie equipment.

They just help us make the warrior template more "complete".

More powerful? hardly.
    dvvid said:
    Try a low pop shard, you walked in will get swarmed by yellow stuff. You spend time dodging and running away or rezzing than killing stuff.

It's an insurance scam on low pop shard.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:
    Try a low pop shard, you walked in will get swarmed by yellow stuff. You spend time dodging and running away or rezzing than killing stuff.

I haven't tried any low pop shards yet but assuming there are only a few people in the dungeon (or none) my recommendation would be to stash the fire breathers off in a corner somewhere and continue to work the feys. If you are running a sampire you should be able to fight a paragon weald protector or lattice while dragging it to other non paragon stuff to kill for life. 

This is how I do it on ATL (aside from stashing spawn because too many people are there to kill it) and I've seen some pretty good success.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I find area peace with both peacemaking masteries running and having discord on my tamer really helps there. If my tamer gets to many attacking my pet I disco them and Target peace.
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

I haven't tried any low pop shards yet but assuming there are only a few people in the dungeon (or none) my recommendation would be to stash the fire breathers off in a corner somewhere and continue to work the feys. If you are running a sampire you should be able to fight a paragon weald protector or lattice while dragging it to other non paragon stuff to kill for life. 

This is how I do it on ATL (aside from stashing spawn because too many people are there to kill it) and I've seen some pretty good success.
    I understand the lure and stash method used in earlier events as well. 

But I am beginning to see this as defeating the purpose of playing the game. Why not just give us back some life leeches to warriors so we can fight normally and have Real fun. Eventually the paragons will piled up anyway.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

But I am beginning to see this as defeating the purpose of playing the game. Why not just give us back some life leeches to warriors so we can fight normally and have Real fun. Eventually the paragons will piled up anyway.
    Doing away with life leeching on the paragons was just, in part, another way the devs tried to "fix" the scripters/multibotters, rather than just ban them (like they should). All of you who like to shout that "the cheaters/scripters don't bother me" might want to rethink your comments! Between the scripters and cheaters, I am getting to play a lot of golf during this event! The last week and a half it isn't even woth it to log in on Sonoma much, as the scripters have taken over the egg gathering. 

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna , feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you their names, and show you how to spot them!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited May 2022
    KHAN said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

Doing away with life leeching on the paragons was just, in part, another way the devs tried to "fix" the scripters/multibotters, rather than just ban them (like they should). All of you who like to shout that "the cheaters/scripters don't bother me" might want to rethink your comments! Between the scripters and cheaters, I am getting to play a lot of golf during this event! The last week and a half it isn't even woth it to log in on Sonoma much, as the scripters have taken over the egg gathering. 

@ Bleak @ Kyronix @ Mesanna , feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you their names, and show you how to spot them!
    They blocked everyone from using a skill just because someone is playing illegally?

Should the police lock everyone up just because 0.01% are criminals?

Just because their GM don't catch bad players so all of us have to suffer.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    KHAN said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

@ Bleak @ Kyronix @ Mesanna , feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you their names, and show you how to spot them!
    So true.. instead of a responsive GM, they screw all of us. I mean, if they don't want to ban the darn scripters, at least jail them... as many times as it takes...

and let us play with our skills and abilities as intended when trained!
    Archangel said:
    KHAN said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

So true.. instead of a responsive GM, they screw all of us. I mean, if they don't want to ban the darn scripters, at least jail them... as many times as it takes...

and let us play with our skills and abilities as intended when trained!
    + infinity...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited May 2022
    Logged on to ATL this morning from 7am until about now and there was actually a few people working together to take down the paragons that had spawned (seemed like a lot when I logged on) for 20min or so which was very helpful because I felt like it was a never ending string of paragon shadow wyrms (at one point there were 5 back to back) weald protectors and lattice seekers. 

That group left (or dispersed) and now it's the same old thing. There is some sampire killing all non-paragon stuff with a train of 5 paragons following him... a few archers killing all the rest. I'm killing the paragon stuff that comes my way by I'm quickly overwhelmed when I get a drake/crimson dragon/weald protector on me. 

Really hoping that opening Fel up is still on the table as this is quickly getting old. Outside of the 20min I spent working with people that wanted to play together; I feel like I've spent to other 45min or so either running from 2-5 paragons (which would include 2 shadow wyrms too) or dying and getting rezzed. Drop count over the last hour has been 8 (no potion).

Other solution would be to limit the number of paragons OR just limit the number of shadow wyrms period (increase the other lower end stuff like fey dragons / grove unicorns / wisps)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

Especially loooking at low population Shards, I think that, even with difficulties, Paragons, ALL Paragons, should be Designed to be SOLOed, at least when singled out, by several possible Templates...

This way, at least, players on deserted, low population Shards, could still, evn though with difficulties, be able to play in Destard.

As of now, with this focus on "group play" which makes, on low population Shards, impossible for solo players to deal with existing Paragons, they are left only with the collecting eggs option.
    edited May 2022
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

Especially loooking at low population Shards, I think that, even with difficulties, Paragons, ALL Paragons, should be Designed to be SOLOed, at least when singled out, by several possible Templates...

This way, at least, players on deserted, low population Shards, could still, evn though with difficulties, be able to play in Destard.

As of now, with this focus on "group play" which makes, on low population Shards, impossible for solo players to deal with existing Paragons, they are left only with the collecting eggs option.
    Agree with you 100%! 
    @Kyronix pls do something for the low pop shards since rewards are shard bound so there is no harm to the 'economy'.
    edited May 2022
    vortex said:
    I find area peace with both peacemaking masteries running and having discord on my tamer really helps there. If my tamer gets to many attacking my pet I disco them and Target peace.
    hmm, seems like it could work but requires some coordination, and I am not sure pets would give a good drop rate for this event.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Seth said:
    KHAN said:
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

They blocked everyone from using a skill just because someone is playing illegally?

Should the police lock everyone up just because 0.01% are criminals?

Just because their GM don't catch bad players so all of us have to suffer.
    That is exactly what they do, randomization of ore and wood and guess what the cheaters still cheat and the non-cheaters will always pay.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022

Battle report:

Yesterday in the early afternoon, I was able to sneak in some play time to finish out the last 20 minutes of potion time that I had left on my thrower.   There was a fair amount of people in the dungeon, but surprisingly, not alot of spawn.   Similar to what some others have reported, I was in the main 'spawning area' of the first floor, and it was like I had to fly back and forth from one side of the area to the other just to find a mob or two.  This prompted me to take a shot at going to the second and third levels.  This was a mistake, as there was a sea of gold paragons at door waiting for me and killed me before I could get far. 

I then ran some time off the potion clock getting rezzed up and attempting to reclaim my body.  By the time I did that, I went back to the main spawning area on the first floor and BOOM, there's mobs absolutely everywhere and no one fighting them but me.   While at first this was beneficial (I started getting some drops), I simply couldn't take on the tougher paragons with my thrower.   I spent a good chunk of the remaining time on the potion clock just flying away from paragons and trying to knock out a mob here and there.  

In the later part of the evening, I took my sampire back to Destard and popped a potion.  There was alot more players here now in most every corner of the first floor.   While at first this was a good thing as there were plenty of mobs to fight and more teamwork to take out the paragons, the floor was cleared in about seven or eight minutes and then we ran into that situation again where there was nothing to fight and everyone was just running around to pick up a scrap or two.   Similar to my afternoon tango, a few of us dared to venture toward level 2 and level 3, but had a little bit better results.  After bludgeoning through the downward stairs and a few deaths, we managed to clear out enough paragons to get to the third floor and clear out that area as well.  But similar to the first floor, after an area was cleared out, there seemed to be a delay in the re-spawn.  This prompted the group of us to head back up top where there was still a light amount of spawn.   A few minutes after, there seemed to be a great rebirth of spawn again.  This cycle continued on repeat a couple of times over the course of my potion timer.   

Drops were okay, but not great.  You can't get any if you have nothing to kill.  The re-spawning timer seems a bit slow on Atlantic.  I don't know if this was meant to deal with the "scripting pile" or not, but the timer still needs a little calibration.    Overall, still better off than we were last week so hopefully developers are continuing to read the feedback. 

And still hoping for Fel to re-open again! 
    1) Open fel and tram

2) Remove or reduce life leech block
    Mages, archers, tamers just stand off attack, warriors have to run to mobs.

or 

3) Remove shard bound.

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Seth said:
    vortex said:
    hmm, seems like it could work but requires some coordination, and I am not sure pets would give a good drop rate for this event.

Yup the drop rate not the best but I can solo any paragon in there with my chic ai triton.. Some take awile but doable unless I get to many on me at once.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

Them making "Treasures of " Paragons immune to Life Leech/Drain, breathed life back into the oldschool bandy Healing Warriors. My Paladin/Macer (120 Macing/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Parry/80 Resist/120 Chiv) can solo AW/GD/SW Paragons and stay alive with 4 sec bandy heals (unless i don't react fast enough to a Blood Oath). Through Stagger+Hit Fatigue, i'm able to neuter their melee damage output, and as soon as i hear them start to do their Breath attack, i drop my shield (yes, a dexxer that actually uses a shield to parry) to be ready to chug a Greater Heal potion, or ready a Close Wounds.
    Swordsman and Fencers with Bushido and Healing can utilize Feint (Daisho and Leaf Blade) to reduce incoming damage significantly and heal through it.

Merlin said:

Battle report:

Yesterday in the early afternoon, I was able to sneak in some play time to finish out the last 20 minutes of potion time that I had left on my thrower.   There was a fair amount of people in the dungeon, but surprisingly, not alot of spawn.   Similar to what some others have reported, I was in the main 'spawning area' of the first floor, and it was like I had to fly back and forth from one side of the area to the other just to find a mob or two.  This prompted me to take a shot at going to the second and third levels.  This was a mistake, as there was a sea of gold paragons at door waiting for me and killed me before I could get far. 

All three levels of Destard appear to share a spawn pool. If too many creatures are on one level (which happens when people leave Paragons at the entryways) and aren't cleared out, then very little spawns on the other floors. Keeping the Paragons cleared out is in everyone's best interest because of this.