Spare a thought for the Mages.

Just wanted to throw this one out there, like I always do.

Whilst Tamers are fretting about how hard Shadowguard is about to get - spare a thought for the Mages - up until now, Doom has been Sampire only territory, and Shadowguard has been Tamer only territory (pretty much).

You know my thoughts on Sampires, their complete game domination is obscene, and about to get worse. This cannot be healthy for the game.

But these Shadowguard changes/fixes, will possibly make Mages a useful/wanted character in Shadowguard, which has not been the case up until now.

So I am happy for the Mages, I am happy the difficulty level for obtaining the most valuable items ingame is being adjusted, I don't know how this leaves Sampires who will be in a  complete league of their own.

I will admit to feeling a little sorry for Tamers (but not that sorry, I have a Tamer, and I'm happy with this fix), but they will certainly adapt, and currently, I think the only issue outstanding regarding this, is finding the correct volume of mobs to spawn out.

Please continue rebalancing, and bringing more classes back into play. Certainly the Mages.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    You know you get looting right for healing right?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2018

Devs - And while you're at it;

Please delete the entire concept of Sampires.

And Buff Pure Warrior Class types in their place.

I've not played a warrior now in over 10 years because of this mess.

Cookie, I don’t think they should remove them entirely, maybe require spirit speak also to stay in vampiric embrace? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2018
     Mervyn said:

Do I look like a healer? :D

Yes I do know, but whilst I'm ok to heal up to a point, I want to take part in the action also.

Mervyn said:
    Cookie, I don’t think they should remove them entirely, maybe require spirit speak also to stay in vampiric embrace? 

True - I can be a bit extreme.

I would just love Warrior classes to be buffed up, to take their place, then if the Devs are concerned about the impact of people not gearing, or not making weapons etc (because of course a lot of game effort goes into Sampires), there is still an outlet for the production that goes into Sampires.

I enjoyed a good old sword and shield warrior with bandages, that made sense in terms of damage and defence, not having a 2 handed weapon that just sucks up life and destroys the requirement for any sort of healing skill or shield.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Cookie said:

Devs - And while you're at it;

Please delete the entire concept of Sampires.

And Buff Pure Warrior Class types in their place.

I've not played a warrior now in over 10 years because of this mess.

Amen to that!  <3
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Mervyn said:
    Yeah, put Spirit Speak on an already fairly tight template.  I can do some adjustment, of course, but Weapon skill/Tactics/Resist/Necro/Chiv/Bushido/Parry doesn't really leave me much room for skills like Spirit Speak on a Sampire.  If I wanted to play a dexer that required Spirit Speak I would use a whammy.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    This is a mute point cause as long as leeching weapons and healing anatomy can be put together it will always be better.   Vamp form and wraith form will make little to no difference in staying alive on those templates.   Whats to stop people from using stone form and same leeching weapons with bandaids, it would produce same basic results.  I used to call it the Rockarai template.  if they just added leeching properties to spellbooks then it wouldn't matter.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Mervyn said:
    I think that is total rubbish, last time i went to shadowguard and spent time doing nothing but healing when the last boss dropped and I went to loot it wouldn't let me.  Didn't get rights.  Same as on the last couple of em events I went to, no rights. 

Is no way I will ever take a mage in, having done all the rooms to get in there for for 0 reward, getting in and healing and not even getting to looting rights on the boss was a total waste of about 4 hours.  Never again. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    what? You only have to heal someone like 2 times and you get looting rights. 

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    MissE said:
    Mervyn said:
    I think that is total rubbish, last time i went to shadowguard and spent time doing nothing but healing when the last boss dropped and I went to loot it wouldn't let me.  Didn't get rights.  Same as on the last couple of em events I went to, no rights. 

Is no way I will ever take a mage in, having done all the rooms to get in there for for 0 reward, getting in and healing and not even getting to looting rights on the boss was a total waste of about 4 hours.  Never again.
    you know the player you're healing has to be damaged, right?  If you don't get the "You have gained in Spirituality" or "You cannot gain more Spirituality" messages, your heals don't count towards loot rights.