Is the spell Protection bugged ?

2»

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    if the bard gets hit for 40 damage their buffs stop. casting focus has a chance to stop that, and peace mastery reduces the damage they take. 

i do notice when jumping from 1 client to another, sometimes i have to double tap a macro key to get my spells to cast. this isn't the same thing tho.  a mouse click doesn't seem to "wake" the client that it is the active one, and it seems to happen more on my side monitors than my main one.

the casting and not getting a target reticle just seems to happen randomly with the CC, no add ons. and i don't have open corpses turned on because of issues with it recording my settings from 1 character to another randomly as well. so it sucks when i am on my rogue and it opens a corpse, and boom, i am no longer hidden.

i have also noticed that sometimes on the CC, the curser "forgets" to change to a reticle. 
    also if you have pulled a bar, and click on the name part, it lags for about 3-5 seconds before it becomes a target reticle again. i think this is because its checking to see if you can rename it
    (i constantly have 4-5 bars of friendlies up, then 2-3 for mobs 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    McDougle said:
    I know getting hit for xxx amount of damage will stop your Bard buffs maybe this the same 
    No it is not. It is a permanent spell until you die. He died and forgot to re activate the spell and thought it was purged.  He can not reproduce it I guarantee.

I doubt he is fighting RCs also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    Pawain said:
    Popps again noticed something that has been going on for years.  

Now try to reproduce it consistently.  That's the hard part.

Or be forgetful like me. Did I cast a spell or am I just standing here waiting on something.
    There is definitely an occasional bug, at least in EC, where spells cast, and no cursor pops up.  It even happens sometimes when you have full mana, and there is no combat on screen, and no aggressive action being taken.  You see the spell words of power, but no cursor is displayed by the client.

The best mitigation in EC for this is to avoid using the cursor variation of the spell casting in your macros.  Target Current is usually faster too...