Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    It's not a mod.  Set particle filter to none.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I think that's another huge issue with this event; the notion (real or perceived) that EC players are getting a better experience given they are able to filter out all of the junk we are getting from that hall way. I'd love to be able to remove all spell effects / power words / even corpses if it meant reduced lag.

Or better yet, how about we finally open up Fel for this event? That way I can play CC and not worry about seeing all that because I doubt those bots will be there in Fel ATL.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Seth

In case she busy having fun and can't answer soon.

She made this thread:

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10554/treasures-of-fey-earthquake-in-ec#latest

They say how to do it in the replies.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo
    I did not say anything about multi boxing. But I'm sure I've seen you post that 90% of EJ accounts are cheaters. Sure did not take you long to respond to the EJ signal.

I do not play on Atlantic.  So I do not know the players there. I know we had a gargoyle doing that with 3 accounts. 2 following one. He talked in chat while doing it. Sometimes his chat would be zxzxzxzxzxzx.

I'm sure they have been paged on there on Atlantic and the responders could not verify they are bots.

But you sitting at home on a forum can tell who is an unattended  bot and who is an EJ account. And demand punishment.

From what I have seen here in threads about the EC. Players can do most anything just using it and pushing one button.

There are threads asking how to hit things as soon as they appear like the players on Atlantic.  The answer begins with here is what you push in EC. Or here is how you mod it to get more drops.
    LOL  I guess common sense left you a long time ago.  Why put your main accounts in danger when you can use one throw away paid account and 10 throw away EJ accounts and cheat all you want.  Using a little gray matter is not that hard and what is really funny is you have no proof as to what we say but you sure defend the use of EJ Accounts almost a little to much, now I wonder why.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @username

I only said that you said what you said. This + remove EJ participation would make this 100% more bearable.

Then I asked how you can tell which players are EJ.  Then you said you can't.

So if you do not know which accounts are EJ how can you think it would be more bearable without them?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    Sorry, was doing the RL thing making dinner for the spawnlings and talking about their days at school and such.

Thanks to all who answered the question about removing spell casting effects from EC.

TL:DR - In User Settings -> Graphics tab -> Scroll down to "Particle Filter" and choose "None"
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    keven2002 said:
    I think that's another huge issue with this event; the notion (real or perceived) that EC players are getting a better experience given they are able to filter out all of the junk we are getting from that hall way. I'd love to be able to remove all spell effects / power words / even corpses if it meant reduced lag.

Or better yet, how about we finally open up Fel for this event? That way I can play CC and not worry about seeing all that because I doubt those bots will be there in Fel ATL.
    You can.  EC is available to all.
  • ElizaerElizaer Posts: 2
    Seems like something changed. Shadow Wyrms back on level 1 this morning, and the paragon spawn rate seems lower, on LS at least. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Im fairly certain I read in a past event post that each of these dungeons has a set monster pool, and each day it randomly selects monsters from said pool for use.  
    Hence why we would have days in the Wildfire edition where we did not see fire demons for example. 
  • NysesNyses Posts: 4
    Well, it seems to me the people who develop this game do not actually play it, so the spawn makes sense. no testing, no consideration for a LARGE population shard.
    open up Fel on Atlantic
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2022
    Kaz the fire dungeon event did work that way with different monsters getting precedence from one day to the next.  Don’t think that is true in Destard except maybe for the shadow wyrms or maybe they just spawn at a lower rate than everything else. Spawns in Destard seem to be more gradual with not everything spawning at once and tend to favor dragons or fey when they occur but would not bet on that.  Also, agree developers don’t play the game.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “I changed my mind and think they should continue to do all of these events in trammel, 

In fact, instead of people setting up chars to farm afk, just email us a code for the rewards since attendance is not a requirement in trammel"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    open Fel Destard on Atlantic
    Siege has Fel open, obviously, and, and it is glorious!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Why can't they just 100% replicate cameo specs and give the Fey Talisman a 5 ssi as well. It's shard bound and limited time event. Incomprehensible decision...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Nyses said:
    Siege has Fel open, obviously, and, and it is glorious!
    BUT BUT BUT  I can't have all my stuff insured and REAL PvP scares me. LOL
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    For some unknown reason, the vampire does not cause damage to anyone in the Destard. Is this a global glitch???
    edited May 2022
    twizag said:
    For some unknown reason, the vampire does not cause damage to anyone in the Destard. Is this a global glitch???
    It should not be global as it works at Deceit… I left the broken Destard event and started to training a new sampire at deceit on my 3rd account today. Life leech works fine at Destard before I left.

Seth said:
    twizag said:
    It should not be global as it works at Deceit… I left the broken Destard event and started to training a new sampire at deceit on my 3rd account today. Life leech works fine at Destard before I left.

Strange...I have shows that there is no lifelich with paragons, but there is no damag...
    twizag said:
    Seth said:
    twizag said:

Strange...I have shows that there is no lifelich with paragons, but there is no damag...
    Oh the paragons do get damaged as well but after I collected several death robes. Which shard are u playing on?
    Seth said:
    twizag said:
    Seth said:
    twizag said:

Oh the paragons do get damaged as well but after I collected several death robes. Which shard are u playing on?
    I play on Europe. For an hour now, I have been coming in periodically - there is no damag. everything is fine in other places.
  • twizag said:
    Seth said:
    twizag said:

Paragons in the "Treasures of " Events don't have Corrupted Life, they have Null Life. Corrupted Life deals damage to you instead when you attempt to life leech from them (Osiredon, Corgul, Assassin Captains, Necromancer Captains, and Burning Mages have this). Null Life makes it to where you can't life leech from them, but it doesn't damage you back (Exodus and the "Treasures of " Paragons have this).
    edited May 2022
    Just noticed that they had reduced the speed of the paragons... if they can also reduce life leech rather than simply null life leech, it would be at least some fun. 

They should not block an ingame skill just to make a no-name monster challenging.
  • RomRom Posts: 51
    As a returning player having been gone for 11 years I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun. I played tonight for 3 hours and got 2 fey items. This has been the worst night by far as they severely decreased the spawn where everyone used to congregate. The drop rate is more of the issue. Once again, I'm looking to play catch up and obtain a few items from the event to slowly catch up in terms of character power. This event just feels punishing in that those who have the time to dedicate or are willing to exploit will get further ahead. My fix would be to make them more easily obtainable so that at least we can all be on the same footing. Set the drop rate to the point where you can obtain an item from fey ingots at the rate of at least one item per 5-6 hours of play time. I want to add that today, for the first time in my month being back, I am considering just quitting all together as this simply is not fun.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Rom said:
    As a returning player having been gone for 11 years I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun. I played tonight for 3 hours and got 2 fey items. 
    .. My fix would be to make them more easily obtainable so that at least we can all be on the same footing. Set the drop rate to the point where you can obtain an item from fey ingots at the rate of at least one item per 5-6 hours of play time. I want to add that today, for the first time in my month being back, I am considering just quitting all together as this simply is not fun.
    You need to adjust to spawn. Gear and playstyle.  And have luck n your suit too!!!! Luck is very important!  For me difference having 0 luck and 950 is 2 and 10 drops per hour. 
    Yes, my mage can collect eggs making 20-40 per hour (not on Atl , sure) , but on ATL I have fun in Destard. Grey robes too . 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    The drop rate seems normal to me. Compared to previous events. 
  • RomRom Posts: 51
    Gwen said:
    Rom said:
    As a returning player having been gone for 11 years I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun. I played tonight for 3 hours and got 2 fey items. 
    .. My fix would be to make them more easily obtainable so that at least we can all be on the same footing. Set the drop rate to the point where you can obtain an item from fey ingots at the rate of at least one item per 5-6 hours of play time. I want to add that today, for the first time in my month being back, I am considering just quitting all together as this simply is not fun.
    You need to adjust to spawn. Gear and playstyle.  And have luck n your suit too!!!! Luck is very important!  For me difference having 0 luck and 950 is 2 and 10 drops per hour. 
    Yes, my mage can collect eggs making 20-40 per hour (not on Atl , sure) , but on ATL I have fun in Destard. Grey robes too . 
    Yesterday when I got 2 drops in 3 hours I was using 1881 luck in my suit. I'm willing to adjust, but this should reward me for my time. It currently is not. If you go to blackthorn dungeon with a group you'll come away with 1-2 items per hunt at least. The same is not true with destard. The event is not rewarding. The event is not fun.
    @Rom
    I have to say that this event feels more like work than fun

Yup, we want fun and also sense of achievement.
    edited May 2022
    We are low life  :D