Paragons should drop roof quality loot

And be a guaranteed drop...not an increased chance guaranteed..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Err, they did give us the epaulette, balron armor and Fey Cameo with missing ssi...

It's just not direct drop into our pack or bank  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    Err, they did give us the epaulette, balron armor and Fey Cameo with missing ssi...

It's just not direct drop into our pack or bank  :D
    Not the reward arties but just general loot 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ya a lot of players would like to make a 70 resist 100% LRC suit. Not easy with the low attribute stuff that drops.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Has always surprised me that they contain the same quality junk at these events as their counterparts.  But you always have a chance of getting a chest you can’t open filled with similar junk if you have room for it in your pack. That’s not to say they are not worth looting.  The higher end stuff you kill para or not often is worth looting if you don’t end up being killed in the process.
    Arnold7 said:
    Has always surprised me that they contain the same quality junk at these events as their counterparts.  But you always have a chance of getting a chest you can’t open filled with similar junk if you have room for it in your pack. That’s not to say they are not worth looting.  The higher end stuff you kill para or not often is worth looting if you don’t end up being killed in the process.
    With the slow spread out spawn I've been looting like crazy 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    it s a joke or what this thread you havent gone to the event yet? you dont see paragon being kills in 2 seconds
    I see this and every event paragons left because they are not worth  the time to kill
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Common practice is to lead the para a long way away, invis. to break the lock, and leave it and head back to the spawn where there is stuff you can kill.
    Few players actually loot anything at these kinds of events.  The invasion event started my first year.  Made most of my gold from looting dead generals killed by other players.
    Some players that can do solo paras, and so do several players working together.  But when those options are not available, leading them away from the action wins the day.

Arnold7 said:
    Common practice is to lead the para a long way away, invis. to break the lock, and leave it and head back to the spawn where there is stuff you can kill.
    Few players actually loot anything at these kinds of events.  The invasion event started my first year.  Made most of my gold from looting dead generals killed by other players.
    Some players that can do solo paras, and so do several players working together.  But when those options are not available, leading them away from the action wins the day.

On smaller shards that just leads to disaster and if the spawn was correct we wouldn't have time to loot
    McDougle said:
    Arnold7 said:

On smaller shards that just leads to disaster and if the spawn was correct we wouldn't have time to loot
    I thought you made this thread to get better loot on them. Now you are saying there is no time to loot usually.

That's why they should make the drop items a little better with 1 of 100 or whatever a legendary. 

That would allow players to make suits of..

Just the ability to get a all 70 resist 100 LRC suit would be nice.

New and returning players can make good gold on selling pieces.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Arnold7 said:

I thought you made this thread to get better loot on them. Now you are saying there is no time to loot usually.

That's why they should make the drop items a little better with 1 of 100 or whatever a legendary. 

That would allow players to make suits of..

Just the ability to get a all 70 resist 100 LRC suit would be nice.

New and returning players can make good gold on selling pieces.
    I'm looting every body this time because the spawn is too slow i have always looted paragons for the chest
    Ya since use my warrior on most. The corpse opens so I see if a chest is there.

I don't look at the items.

But I do take crystals when I can.
    100% guaranteed drop of roof quality is not realistic.

At Ilshenar, the paragon Balron has better drop than the regular ones. The loot should scale according to the specs, not counting the chance to get a chest.
    Seth said:

At Ilshenar, the paragon Balron has better drop than the regular ones. The loot should scale according to the specs, not counting the chance to get a chest.
    Right now people just don't bother it's a matter of the event is based on killing as much as fast as possible especially if using potion i can't believe the intent was to lead them off but the reward needs to match the effort required 
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Right now people just don't bother it's a matter of the event is based on killing as much as fast as possible especially if using potion i can't believe the intent was to lead them off but the reward needs to match the effort required 
    reward needs to match the effort required.

Yup, agreed 100%.
    Roof: Clear 5 rooms and kill 4 bosses for a small chance to get a drop.

So if we compare this to killing 1 paragon hmm... maybe worth 10gp for the effort  :D

• I use two accounts for dealing with the Paragons. My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © runs Consume Damage on his 120 Disco+CB Triton while sitting at the entrance of Lvl 2 Destard, and i'm actively running around on my Macer/Paladin killing spawn. When i see a big Paragon spawn, i lure it back to my Tamer, invis my Macer, get my Triton to tank the Paragon, then attack the Paragon with my Macer. My Macer dishes out the damage while applying Stagger+Hit Fatigue to neuter the Paragon's melee damage output, so that it doesn't damage the pet much. My Macer can also solo the Paragon Shadow Wyrms, but it's risky if i get hit with a Blood Oath at the wrong moment.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I use two accounts for dealing with the Paragons. My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © runs Consume Damage on his 120 Disco+CB Triton while sitting at the entrance of Lvl 2 Destard, and i'm actively running around on my Macer/Paladin killing spawn. When i see a big Paragon spawn, i lure it back to my Tamer, invis my Macer, get my Triton to tank the Paragon, then attack the Paragon with my Macer. My Macer dishes out the damage while applying Stagger+Hit Fatigue to neuter the Paragon's melee damage output, so that it doesn't damage the pet much. My Macer can also solo the Paragon Shadow Wyrms, but it's risky if i get hit with a Blood Oath at the wrong moment.
    Sounds like a solid tactic to take down paragons. Think I need to build a Disco-CB triton!
  • Riner said:
    I use two accounts for dealing with the Paragons. My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © runs Consume Damage on his 120 Disco+CB Triton while sitting at the entrance of Lvl 2 Destard, and i'm actively running around on my Macer/Paladin killing spawn. When i see a big Paragon spawn, i lure it back to my Tamer, invis my Macer, get my Triton to tank the Paragon, then attack the Paragon with my Macer. My Macer dishes out the damage while applying Stagger+Hit Fatigue to neuter the Paragon's melee damage output, so that it doesn't damage the pet much. My Macer can also solo the Paragon Shadow Wyrms, but it's risky if i get hit with a Blood Oath at the wrong moment.
    Sounds like a solid tactic to take down paragons. Think I need to build a Disco-CB triton!

When building a 120 Disco+CB pet, put Discord on first, train it up to 120, then put on the CB. Otherwise it'll be blowing most of it's Mana on Conductive Blast rather than Discord attempts, so will have MUCH slower Discord gains then. This is why it's easier to get to 120 Disco on a Triton than a Cu, since the Cu will be wasting mana on Bleed Attack as well. A 120 Disco+CB Triton has a higher CB uptime than a 120 Disco+CB Cu Sidhe as well.
    Riner said:

When building a 120 Disco+CB pet, put Discord on first, train it up to 120, then put on the CB. Otherwise it'll be blowing most of it's Mana on Conductive Blast rather than Discord attempts, so will have MUCH slower Discord gains then. This is why it's easier to get to 120 Disco on a Triton than a Cu, since the Cu will be wasting mana on Bleed Attack as well. A 120 Disco+CB Triton has a higher CB uptime than a 120 Disco+CB Cu Sidhe as well.
    Good idea for my 2nd triton!