Atlantic pvp

XrisXris Posts: 130
Just started pvping again in destard yesterday and noticed 1 guild holding destard for hours. Started with a W. Was just curious why no guild challenged them? Trying to figure out if it was just a timing issue? Was waiting for more pvpers to show up to fight them but just watched them kill trammies and solo VvV players. I had fun anyway but was curious if this guild runs Atl or just luck of the draw timing wise?

Comments

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited May 2022
    Xris said:
    Just started pvping again in destard yesterday and noticed 1 guild holding destard for hours. Started with a W. Was just curious why no guild challenged them? Trying to figure out if it was just a timing issue? Was waiting for more pvpers to show up to fight them but just watched them kill trammies and solo VvV players. I had fun anyway but was curious if this guild runs Atl or just luck of the draw timing wise?

They don't run anything - most people likely didn't want/need to bother with the Fel Destard event.  They aren't any good either - if they were, they wouldn't need to rez-kill people constantly or gank a "defenseless" tamer (while I could put Wrestling on that char, I am perfectly capable of fighting other mages.  Dexxers, not so much.  Although I can kill them.)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe they were worried the script police were out..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Maybe they were worried the script police were out..

That's not what I meant.  One of them definitely had auto-attack, I got the *player name is attacking you* message the INSTANT they ran on my screen.  That's just not possible for a human; When I'm using Livesplit and want to stop my timer, it takes me around .33 seconds to hit my stop hotkey (Numpad 1) at my absolute fastest.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

I played quite a bit yesterday, both during the day and late into the evening.  WUMN was constantly being challenged, both by individuals and other guilds like FS!, GK and DIE. So not sure what time original poster wad playing, but no guild held total control for any long period of time when I was online.

Probably ran 20+ spawns and had a ton of fun.  Got killed and ganked a few times, but also fought off a few people myself.  Drop rate was 10× better than Tram side on Atlantic.  My only gripe is that it seems not as many powerscrolls and masteries were being dropped with the boss.  I never got more than one, despite a few times when I clearly would have received more if it was a normal spawn.  

Merlin said:

I played quite a bit yesterday, both during the day and late into the evening.  WUMN was constantly being challenged, both by individuals and other guilds like FS!, GK and DIE. So not sure what time original poster wad playing, but no guild held total control for any long period of time when I was online.

Probably ran 20+ spawns and had a ton of fun.  Got killed and ganked a few times, but also fought off a few people myself.  Drop rate was 10× better than Tram side on Atlantic.  My only gripe is that it seems not as many powerscrolls and masteries were being dropped with the boss.  I never got more than one, despite a few times when I clearly would have received more if it was a normal spawn.  

WUMN was there on Friday acting like they owned the back of Destard.  I got rez-killed maybe 30-40 times which just pissed me off.  Yesterday I did see some other guilds there; even on Friday, it was fun outside of WUMN's nonsense.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “If you get reskilled that would be your fault for ressing in an unsafe location. I have been reskilled maybe 1 time this year, and was my fault for ressing in an unsafe location”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “If you get reskilled that would be your fault for ressing in an unsafe location. I have been reskilled maybe 1 time this year, and was my fault for ressing in an unsafe location”

I'm well aware it's an unsafe location.  But it's not like there was anyone contesting the spawn.  There's no reason to kill fresh res'd players in that situation, or to even do it as often as WUMN was.  Whether it's legal in Fel or not: in that specific situation, ultimately it's still griefing/harassment and nobody has to put up with it.
    edited May 2022
    "it sounds to me like the griefing/harassment is from the person persistently ressing in a contested area. 

I'll assume you were getting ressed at the ankh in destard, i personally lure spawn to the ankh so i don't have to reskill but if someone felt like doing manually, that's up to them.

You need to bear some things in mind, a lot of PvPers are in VvV so when they die they can't just get ressed and continue the fight, they enter stat loss (assuming 1 orange dealt damage to them too), so it's imperative to keep people out of the fight for as long as possible, and today many templates can just insta dress, no stat loss, no reagents or other consumables required, blessed bandages, blessed arrows, so you can't keep someone out of a fight by looting blues, against some blues there is literally no way to keep them out of a fight other than preventing them from resurrecting.

Tamers can even upon death prevent their pet from being killed for a quick return by logging out while they're dead. In order to keep a tamer out of the fight for 5 mins, you have to make sure you kill the pet whilst the tamer is still alive healing it, this is not an easy task. 

It definitely sounds like yourself was in the wrong and the griefer in this situation. But i personally would've found it easier to lure a piece of paragon spawn to the ankh.
    "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "it sounds to me like the griefing/harassment is from the person persistently ressing in a contested area. 

I'll assume you were getting ressed at the ankh in destard, i personally lure spawn to the ankh so i don't have to reskill but if someone felt like doing manually, that's up to them.

You need to bear some things in mind, a lot of PvPers are in VvV so when they die they can't just get ressed and continue the fight, they enter stat loss (assuming 1 orange dealt damage to them too), so it's imperative to keep people out of the fight for as long as possible, and today many templates can just insta dress, no stat loss, no reagents or other consumables required, blessed bandages, blessed arrows, so you can't keep someone out of a fight by looting blues, against some blues there is literally no way to keep them out of a fight other than preventing them from resurrecting.

Tamers can even upon death prevent their pet from being killed for a quick return by logging out while they're dead. In order to keep a tamer out of the fight for 5 mins, you have to make sure you kill the pet whilst the tamer is still alive healing it, this is not an easy task. 

It definitely sounds like yourself was in the wrong and the griefer in this situation. But i personally would've found it easier to lure a piece of paragon spawn to the ankh.
    "

I was on a pve template because I'm more or less retired from pvp in UO - if I have to, I can defend myself well enough/still win fights, but I'm largely uninterested for various reasons.  I wasn't a threat to ANYONE.  There's no reason to kill a player OVER AND OVER when they literally CAN'T fight because they just revived.  Anyone that was there to pvp would've done so, because they'd have guildmates there + somewhere safe to res if they died.
    edited May 2022
    "how is anyone to know who is a threat to whom?
    so you were going to res and leave the dungeon and not hit the champ boss with an armor ignore on the way out okay.. 
    if this is the case, why not just res at the moongate (there is a public house literally outside the dungeon with a teleporter to the moongate)
    There is a saying in fel, 
    no tag - bodybag
    meaning you kill anyone who is not green. Because hesitation on whether or not someone is a threat, always ends badly. 

So, if the person killing you instead had lured a paragon bit of spawn to the ankh, let me ask you a question, would you have kept ressing and getting reskilled by the paragon bit of spawn over and over?

If it were my instruction to guard the ankh trying to stop enemies from ressing, bearing in mind some guild members are only following orders, and there wasn't any spawn close enough to lure before the person could get ressed, i would definitely feel harassed by a blue constantly ressing. If it were an orange you could arguably let them res as you'd know they were in stat, but blues are a real problem" 
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "how is anyone to know who is a threat to whom?
    so you were going to res and leave the dungeon and not hit the champ boss with an armor ignore on the way out okay.. 
    if this is the case, why not just res at the moongate (there is a public house literally outside the dungeon with a teleporter to the moongate)
    There is a saying in fel, 
    no tag - bodybag
    meaning you kill anyone who is not green. Because hesitation on whether or not someone is a threat, always ends badly. 

So, if the person killing you instead had lured a paragon bit of spawn to the ankh, let me ask you a question, would you have kept ressing and getting reskilled by the paragon bit of spawn over and over?

If it were my instruction to guard the ankh trying to stop enemies from ressing, bearing in mind some guild members are only following orders, and there wasn't any spawn close enough to lure before the person could get ressed, i would definitely feel harassed by a blue constantly ressing. If it were an orange you could arguably let them res as you'd know they were in stat, but blues are a real problem" 

Yeah, the guy who just res'd & wearing a deathrobe is clearly capable of killing anyone - I'm at 1 HP, 0 stam, 0 mana, and I would probably die to a Mongbat.  There were members of WUMN outside of the dungeon too, so getting IN through the front wasn't an option.  One of them even threw a small crate in the dungeon entrance, hiding it in the entranceway.  I was able to see it & pick it up with object handles.  You are aware that blocking entrances & pathways is illegal, even in Fel, right?

The various sparkle teleporters were an option to enter, but those have their own risks, given all the dungeon spawn you'd have to deal with.
    edited May 2022
    drcossack said: - I'm at 1 HP, 0 stam, 0 mana, and I would probably die to a Mongbat.  

"right, but in 1 second you would be dressed, in 2 seconds you would be on 100%hp, in another second you'll have enough mana to AI the champ boss or dismount someone..
    they are not to know your template as a ghost, for all they know you could be a tamer and could instantly log out/in to get your pet
    "
    Yoshi said:
    drcossack said: - I'm at 1 HP, 0 stam, 0 mana, and I would probably die to a Mongbat.  

"right, but in 1 second you would be dressed, in 2 seconds you would be on 100%hp, in another second you'll have enough mana to AI the champ boss or dismount someone..
    they are not to know your template as a ghost, for all they know you could be a tamer and could instantly log out/in to get your pet
    "

if I were on a pvp char, that'd have some weight to it.  But I wasn't.  It isn't that hard to tell.  Especially when all the pvp'ers know everyone's characters - it was like that years ago and it's even easier to know them now given the game's overall population.

Also, 4 seconds to be dressed, fully healed, and back to 100%?  In what world is that possible?  Even if I were to hit my dress macro, it takes a couple seconds to get my entire suit back on.  Casting heals takes a few seconds, and that's just on a mage.  Mana to hit Armor Ignore?  Nope, not happening.  If my Sampire dies, the first thing I'm focusing on when I get enough mana is to recast Vampiric Embrace.  After that, getting mana back is easy.
    edited May 2022
    drcossack said: In what world is that possible?  Even if I were to hit my dress macro, it takes a couple seconds to get my entire suit back on. 
    "you're doing something wrong if it's taking you more than a second to get fully dressed and armed. How have you set your dress macro? it is the same speed in all clients.
    Sounds like you're a sampire, so you only need like 5 mana to be able to cast confidence which would get you to over 50% hp.

I wouldn't put myself in a position to be reskilled even one time, but If someone had reskilled me, i would take that message and leave to a safe location, i would not persist, and persist to the point of griefing.
    I would say a WoMaN having to hang up the phone 30-40 times on a guy calling her would definitely be classed as harassment. "
    Yoshi said:
    drcossack said: In what world is that possible?  Even if I were to hit my dress macro, it takes a couple seconds to get my entire suit back on. 
    "you're doing something wrong if it's taking you more than a second to get fully dressed and armed. How have you set your dress macro? it is the same speed in all clients.
    Sounds like you're a sampire, so you only need like 5 mana to be able to cast confidence which would get you to over 50% hp.

I wouldn't put myself in a position to be reskilled even one time, but If someone had reskilled me, i would take that message and leave to a safe location, i would not persist, and persist to the point of griefing.
    I would say a WoMaN having to hang up the phone 30-40 times on a guy calling her would definitely be classed as harassment. "

Classic client.  Does it one piece at a time.  Maybe some of the 3rd party programs/EC do an instant full re-dress.

And, even though it's completely irrelevant, I was on a tamer.  But that hardly matters - killing someone literally the instant they've revived isn't necessary, regardless of the character's skillset.  They're in no position to defend themselves or fight back.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    drcossack said:
    Yoshi said:

Classic client.  Does it one piece at a time.  Maybe some of the 3rd party programs/EC do an instant full re-dress.

And, even though it's completely irrelevant, I was on a tamer.  But that hardly matters - killing someone literally the instant they've revived isn't necessary, regardless of the character's skillset.  They're in no position to defend themselves or fight back.
    I agree with yoshi you were only a victim the first time then a volunteer 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    "no bushido even on this char,
    you could've summoned your 5 slot pet almost instantly too, how is that not a danger to someone? but i don't know many tamers that go in vamp form

I don't know what the situation was, maybe you or your pet had done damage to the champ boss,so had to remain dead"

Yoshi said:
    "no bushido even on this char,
    you could've summoned your 5 slot pet almost instantly too, how is that not a danger to someone? but i don't know many tamers that go in vamp form

I don't know what the situation was, maybe you or your pet had done damage to the champ boss,so had to remain dead"

The situation is that a group of no-skill "pvp'ers" were being a bunch of ********.  I already covered that.

Summoned my 5 slot pet instantly?  How?  Pet Summoning Ball?  Those take a couple seconds and they can be interrupted iirc (I haven't used one in forever.)  Logging back in?  That makes me a sitting duck.

Just keep digging the hole deeper, because you have zero idea what you're talking about.
    edited May 2022
    "you could've hidden (even human JOAT) and logged out/in.

You have described yourself as the aggressor in this situation with the repeated ressing in contested territory, there is no need to namecall people"
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    drcossack said:
    Yoshi said:

CC now has an auto dress feature that will dress you the same as if you double click your corpse.
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "you could've hidden (even human JOAT) and logged out/in.

You have described yourself as the aggressor in this situation with the repeated ressing in contested territory, there is no need to namecall people"

again, not an option, because WUMN was camping the ankh (I wasn't the only one that tried to resurrect there) AND illegally blocking off the main entrance to Fel Destard - if you tried to go inside, they'd have people stationed there to kill you.  JOAT Hiding fails more often than not, so there's no point relying on it.  Even if it succeeded, they would've used a conflag pot to kill anyone that got a JOAT Hide off.

How are you posting in a pvp forum and aren't even aware of all the tools the playerbase has to deal with characters they can't see?  In addition to providing "solutions" that flat-out don't work because you don't know game mechanics at all.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Let's move this conversation back to Atl PvP please. Reskilling as a viable and legitimate tactic in PvP deserves it's own thread.

• gaygay Posts: 358
    Kind of weird to try and low-key name drop your own guild as a "dominant" guild. "Some W guild".
    WUMN is a guild that's easily dismantled by three subpar players on any given night, despite the WUMN guild's abuse of third party factors.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    gay said:
    Kind of weird to try and low-key name drop your own guild as a "dominant" guild. "Some W guild".
    WUMN is a guild that's easily dismantled by three subpar players on any given night, despite the WUMN guild's abuse of third party factors.
    LOL

Busted...

It is standard boardwarrior M.O. however ;)
  • The good old days when you reported those players that would res 30 - 40 times for harassment/griefing for wasting your Regs and blocking your hunt <span>:wink:</span>
  • B_Magic69B_Magic69 Posts: 6
    Nah, S+ runs the shard, but I feel too guilty killing noobs doing champ spawns to get gold. If I know there are a bunch of oranges there tho....

• SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    ATL isn't really pvp just a bunch of scripters