Destard Event Mobs spawn rate extreme dropped

Today on 16th May I wondered why the spawn rate is soooo low. At lvl 3 Destard there are even noone Event Mobs, just Ancient Drake and 2 Wyvern. What happened??

Comments

• After today's Maintenance time,Asia shard and EU shard spawn rate very very low
    It's very wasteful change.

• WentoxxxWentoxxx Posts: 13
    Lvl 3 Destard was exluded from Event. The 3 Mobs there dont count as event mobs.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    What shard? That looks like ATL and the event isn't currently active there
  • WentoxxxWentoxxx Posts: 13
    keven2002 said:
    What shard? That looks like ATL and the event isn't currently active there

Drachenfels
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Agre:  too low spawn.   I am back to collecting eggs and filling BODs.    Lots of folks feel same so today egg gathering is very competitive. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I just spent around 45 minutes in Destard Europa. The spawn in the back area (champ in Fel) is now consistently spawning fey creatures, where they were exceedingly sporadic before. I got 5 drops on my archer. Not a lot, but in less than an hour, and with over a month to go on the event, not that bad. Spawn is there, but you can't stand still and wait for it. Much harder to script it? But fun for an archer on the move.
    Just checked ATL and the mobs still do not have Wrath of Fey tag (Tram/Fel both do not appear active). No fey mobs are spawning (but they weren't over the weekend either).
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    I just spent around 45 minutes in Destard Europa. The spawn in the back area (champ in Fel) is now consistently spawning fey creatures, where they were exceedingly sporadic before. I got 5 drops on my archer. Not a lot, but in less than an hour, and with over a month to go on the event, not that bad. Spawn is there, but you can't stand still and wait for it. Much harder to script it? But fun for an archer on the move.
    Not sure how anyone can say that 5 drops a hour is reasonable. How is devoting 16 hours of grind and lots of death to get one quiver considered "fun"? Do you know what else makes an event non-scriptable? No event. So instead of actioning the few pockets of archers sitting in the back hallway, they decide to completely butcher the spawn rate all together, punishing yet again your average player who would like to play 1-3 hours a day tops. So that means someone like me needs to devote my full game time of 2 hours a day over a whole week just to get a quiver? No thanks.

They did everything right with the wildfire event... both facets, included the fel champ spawn. There was fun to be had constantly for everyone on all facets, pvmers and pvpers alike. They keep on modifying events now to exclude pvp and scripters and the average players are the ones who end up suffering. Disappointed does not properly convey how I feel about this event. 

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Catskills shard respawn rate extremely low now.  

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Giggles said:
    Not sure how anyone can say that 5 drops a hour is reasonable. How is devoting 16 hours of grind and lots of death to get one quiver considered "fun"? Do you know what else makes an event non-scriptable? No event. So instead of actioning the few pockets of archers sitting in the back hallway, they decide to completely butcher the spawn rate all together, punishing yet again your average player who would like to play 1-3 hours a day tops. So that means someone like me needs to devote my full game time of 2 hours a day over a whole week just to get a quiver? No thanks.

They did everything right with the wildfire event... both facets, included the fel champ spawn. There was fun to be had constantly for everyone on all facets, pvmers and pvpers alike. They keep on modifying events now to exclude pvp and scripters and the average players are the ones who end up suffering. Disappointed does not properly convey how I feel about this event. 
    one thing about UO i have always found fascinating, is how it mirrors the current world and society we live in, the greed, the toxicity, and  how the actions of a few affects the many. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Whitewolf said:
    Giggles said:

one thing about UO i have always found fascinating, is how it mirrors the current world and society we live in, the greed, the toxicity, and  how the actions of a few affects the many. 
    Wanting things to work correctly in a manner consistent with past events and developer communication shouldn't make posters seem toxic or greedy..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Maybe just maybe something not working right here...
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    McDougle said:
    Whitewolf said:
    Giggles said:

Wanting things to work correctly in a manner consistent with past events and developer communication shouldn't make posters seem toxic or greedy..
    wasnt referring to the current event as toxic and greedy, that is UO as a whole, the actions of a few affecting the many was what i was referring to as far as the current event.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Giggles said:

Each to his own I guess.
    It was less than an hour. In the first hour Origin was up today I got 7 drops and died once when I let a treefellow get too close and got dismounted while being chased by a paragon.  I had 0 luck at the time.
    To me, it's a lot more fun running around and pinging at stuff as I run it around in circles than standing in a corner hoping I can get a shot in on something before its dead. It takes me a bit longer, but the event is on for weeks yet, and I'm only after items for my own chars and maybe a spare or two in case anyone I know might need something in the future. I'm not planning to set up a vendor full of drops.

and now 30 min later not a single fey creature..
  • Wakoku Tramel Deceit

Fey  monsters spawn in deceit(*no tresure tags)
    aa.png 258.6K
    While the spawn rate is lower it seems the drop rate might be higher I've gotten 4 drops already when I was getting 2 an hour so they seem to be making adjustments 
    Spawn rate is perfect maybe drops back up one notch 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Giggles said:
    Not sure how anyone can say that 5 drops a hour is reasonable. 

They did everything right with the wildfire event... both facets, included the fel champ spawn. There was fun to be had constantly for everyone on all facets, pvmers and pvpers alike.
    I'm sorry,  I think your play time on Trammel Wildfire was either nonexistent or extremely limited. Wildfire was no where near a perfect event. The density was so low and so spread out many Trammel players were receiving 5 drops an hour and did not get power scrolls. Meanwhile people that were willing to play in Felucca were receiving 40+/hour AND power scrolls.  Due to how bad the spawn was in Trammel during Wildfire they changed the mechanics of how creatures spawned for Hythloth.

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Giggles said:

Pretty much.  I did my farming of this when the massive cluster of spawn was around & people used the pile.  Use a Glorious Fortune potion with a Wraith Form Earthquake spamming mage, get 120ish drops in an hour on Lake Superior.  After that was stopped, my farming went with it.

For the limited amount of time I did it, Fel Destard on Atlantic over the weekend was fun (my issues with one guild aside.)  I didn't get many drops, but I wasn't on the right character for it.  You had Paragon Dragons, Paragon Ancient Wyrms, and Paragon Greater Dragons back there, along with Rikktor to complicate things even further.  That's how it SHOULD have been on all servers.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022
    Giggles said:

100% agreement on this  ^ ^ ^ ^  

edited May 2022
    ATL now has the Fey spawn back in Tram and the spawn rate also seems very slow. The good news is that it's now spawning randomly instead of in the same static spot but the bad news is that I was on the third floor by myself and was keeping it clear of all spawn by myself; that's how slow the spawn is.

Also it appears that while the mobs in Fel no longer have the Fey tags; they are still spawning as paragons and things like ancient wyrms are still spawning on the first floor.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    For some unknown reason, the vampire does not cause damage to anyone in the Destard. Is this a global glitch???

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think not only reduced the spawn but also the drop rate on Tram for other shards. The spawn still has the Fey tag and after spending 15 mins killing some with zero drop I left to do other stuff.

I am fine if dev don’t want to directly answer forum posts but would prefer if they communicate the changes for a dynamic event before hand so we don’t waste time.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Seth said:
    I think not only reduced the spawn but also the drop rate on Tram for other shards. The spawn still has the Fey tag and after spending 15 mins killing some with zero drop I left to do other stuff.

I am fine if dev don’t want to directly answer forum posts but would prefer if they communicate the changes for a dynamic event before hand so we don’t waste time.
    A very strange attempt to do something without announcing, ruining the day..
  • Hadn't been on since 8:00 Catskills time so just did a quick run through.  It is still as Petra described Europa - The west side of lvl 1 extremely slow with only the normal reptiles spawning (but are labled).  The east side (ankh) is hopping with all kinds of spawn.  I did get 5 drops in about fifty minutes earlier which is my ave on my archer.  Had hoped for better now that she has a fey tali, but no joy.
    Update on ATL - Spawn is now instantly spawning on level 1 and there seems to be a good amount more spawn than earlier today.
    How's the spawn for everyone else outside ATL? Still slow?

I just logged back in to hit the dungeon I'm assuming there are just a bunch of people that logged in (can't imagine they decreased the spawn rate) because it was impossible to find anything to kill on floor 2 & 3 (that was slow earlier too) but also a bit tough on the first floor. Spawn remains randomly spawned but I find myself running further and further to find something that isn't dead or about to be dead. 

Btw this is ATL outside the dungeon (lots of ppl inside too)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Two of the players outside recently died. So there is more spawn than they can handle. Some of the others are afk because they stopped to eat dinner. Others may be there because they are on the other toon and the outside person is a Helper toon. I always have a toon or 2 outside when I am inside.  Then some are just afk.

It's more of a sign when no one is outside. A sign of not a good event.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2022
    830PM EST, feedback on atlantic:

1. not enough spawn for the number of people inside fighting.
    2. slow respawn rate in some areas, in particular level 3.  Takes a while for an ancient wyrm to respawn.
    3. monsters stuck in non accessible areas, level 3.
    4. even the paragon shadow wyrm falls in less than a minute.  you need to consider dropping "super" paragons, or annoyed boss types to mix things up.  (paragon virtuebane,paragon hydras, etc).
    5. slow artifact drop rate overall.  Most can only get a few per hour - less than any other prior event.
    6. less lag than prior incarnations of the TRAM side of this event on atlantic.  However, the server still "hesitates" at times, which isn't seen on other shards.