Publish 100

Comments

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    He is full of hell hound poop that's why.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116

Filtering mobiles to avoid targeting summons would be freaking fantastic.

Also, fixing mobiles bars so that one doesn't sometimes appear over another would be great.

Fixing the all names/show approaching so that it consistently shows all names and consistently shows all approaching would also be nice. (Since this was recently pointed out to me, it's been driving me nuts.)

I have a sneaking suspicion that ghost mobs/overlapping moblies bars/show approaching/all names are intertwined. Quite often the overlapping mobile bar (or overlapped mobile bar) is what turns into a ghost mob (for me at least). Show approaching/all names that do not show are also quite often overlapped mobiles bars. Although many, many mobiles that do not have overlapped moblies bars still do not show with show approaching/all names.

I believe Bleak addressed this issue awhile ago and it has something to do with the way the EC operates (caches incoming data and limits on that data?), but I can't remember what he said, or where he said it.

2012 some searches show the issue for health bars, Maybe 2018 is  the magic year its actually fixed?  lol
  • LordSolorLordSolor Posts: 13
    "Adjusted Travesty’s wrestling skill" 
    Ummm... up or down?...
    • Spellweaving spell “Word of Death” will now have the correct minimum skill requirement displayed in the spellweaving book.
    So does that mean my cu with 24 SW skill will still non-stop spam WoD?  

"Fixed issue where Bard Mastery Despair would not deliver the correct damage." 
    tbh, I thought something was wrong on my bard d00d with the damage but I couldn't tell. Thanks to whatever nerd found this!

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Syncros said:
    2012 some searches show the issue for health bars, Maybe 2018 is  the magic year its actually fixed?  lol

:s

-Arroth
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Ive heard that pets will spam WoD without it even being the correct time to use the spell, therefore making it useless. is this true?
  • LordSolorLordSolor Posts: 13
    I don't see the point of changing something that isnt broke. 

I cant wait for a video from this Merlyn guy that says everyone afks the roof on a tamer. Would really like to see how he holds his own up there. 
    Agree with Diabolical on this 100%.  There's nothing broken here.  

WHO IS ASKING FOR THIS CHANGE?!

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Ive heard that pets will spam WoD without it even being the correct time to use the spell, therefore making it useless. is this true?
    Yes. I have a platinum dragon with 120 weaving and I hear it cast WoD randomly. Complete waste of mana. 

Spell AI on pets is simply atrocious.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866

LordSolor said:

I cant wait for a video from this Merlyn guy that says everyone afks the roof on a tamer. Would really like to see how he holds his own up there. 

It's either broken at shadowguard or it's broken at the Shadowlord & Dark Father.

Obviously the ability is broken on one or the other two, apparently it's been broken on the one (shadowguard), personally I couldn't careless about it, I only ever used tamers when I went with other people.... because no one wants the additional spawn.

When I solo it, I run a pretty diverse group of templates, and until recently tamers were not part of it, those characters were use for the bard skills more than anything and still are, they just have a pet which helps my other templates more...

The "Afk" thing was fixed when Consume Damage was restricted to a Range limit in publish 98... as the mobs wouldn't switch targets to someone that wasn't on screen with them,
    • Taming Mastery Combat Training can now be broken when the caster is out of range, dead, or paralyzed.

It also explains why the prices of the "useful drops" are going up, cause the "Afkers" aren't doing shadowguard as much anymore. 
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I can't solo the roof while fully present lol I get whopped as a tamer

Nobody is saying tamers solo the roof. We play as a group because it is fun.  Reading comprehension is Fundamental.

More hits more spawn.  Now we will have to try and solo it to reduce the spawn.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    LordSolor said:

It was a bug, I submitted the report:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/718/roof-boss-doesn-t-spawn-mobs-when-using-pets#latest
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DiabolicalDiabolical Posts: 3
    Im not sure you understand what i mean or Lord Solar means. Meaning it is already hard enough to do on a tamer to complete the rooms in shadowguard. and like they say it isnt procing to the pets it is to the char. not sure how fast your guy is on foot but i cant get away from 10 things casting on me even in protection.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    There should really be no whining about inability to solo group content. If it's hard, inconvenient or impossible to solo group content...then group content is working as intended.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Would be nice as well if they made the corpse a different colour then the spawned mobs and even having its corpse stay on top of everything else.  
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    edited June 2018
    The colors are wrong on pet damage in CC. My pet is currently receiving red, and inflicting yellow. Initially it scared the hell out of my because it seemed like he was getting hit for 100+ a pop, while somehow appearing to be doing multiple tiny attacks.

• The classic client text hue for damage that pets receive is now yellow instead of red.

• Did a little bit of testing. My Frost Mite's Cold Wind was doing 7-9 damage a tick to a Greater Dragon with 30s Cold Resist (discorded), and the graphic for it is a dark blue sparkle. My 100% Poison Crimson Drake with GM Poisoning skill and the Poison magic ability was finally able to inflict DP-Lethal poison with his hits.
    Crushing Blow still does not add any damage to the pet's attack, and just wastes Mana and a Special Move Slot.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Basara said:
    The colors are wrong on pet damage in CC. My pet is currently receiving red, and inflicting yellow. Initially it scared the hell out of my because it seemed like he was getting hit for 100+ a pop, while somehow appearing to be doing multiple tiny attacks.

• The classic client text hue for damage that pets receive is now yellow instead of red.

Trouble is, as I pointed out, and Mervyn clarified, on an earlier thread, EC and CC seem to be opposites. In EC damage dealt by pet or player is yellow, damage received by pet is pink, by player is red.
    https://forum.uo.com/post/quote/227/Comment_4734
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I can see Blackrock!   The bright background on EC packs is truly bright now. By using bright and alternating there's a real difference in being able to see what's in your pack.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Backpack chess board! I like it!  ;)
  • BeccaBecca Posts: 16
    Did a spawn today, was using wind and the spawn was getting both red and yellow damage. 
  • KelKel Posts: 8
    Becca said:
    Did a spawn today, was using wind and the spawn was getting both red and yellow damage. 
    In my testing it's completely random. Sometimes pet damage done is red and damage taken is yellow. Sometimes it's the other way around. Sometimes both are yellow and others both are red. It's completely random depending on the fight. It's super broken right now.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Kel said:
    Becca said:
    In my testing it's completely random. Sometimes pet damage done is red and damage taken is yellow. Sometimes it's the other way around. Sometimes both are yellow and others both are red. It's completely random depending on the fight. It's super broken right now.
    This issue will be resolved in the next patch.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2018
    Tested Death Ray+Slayer Spellbook change with 120 Magery, 120 Eval and Lvl 3 Magery Mastery, and it's hella powerful. 300+ damage ticks to a Greater Dragon with Dragon Slayer spellbook, and 430+ damage ticks to a discorded Greater Dragon. Death Ray deals Energy Damage, which would synergize with a pet's Conductive Blast or Rune Corruption abilities for even more damage.
    The oldschool Tamer/Mage (Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery/Eval/Med) just saw a revival. Have a Conductive Blast/Rune Corruption pet tank for you (getting hit interrupts Death Ray), and just Kamehameha the enemy down with Death Ray. Your pet won't be as tanky since you won't be running Consume Damage, but you know what they say, the best defense is a good offense.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I can see Blackrock!   The bright background on EC packs is truly bright now. By using bright and alternating there's a real difference in being able to see what's in your pack.

I like that, wish they did the same in CC
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Drakelord said:

I like that, wish they did the same in CC

Options: interface: scroll down, select suede or polar bear. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

This message is on prodo shard...

• KelKel Posts: 8
    Mervyn said:

This message is on prodo shard...
    Had this happen earlier to me too on ATL. 
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Well, I'm kind of disappointed now. I just copied my Hooded Britannia robe over to TC to see how it would look dyed, and it's the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. They made the white part dyable, but it still has that god awful neon pink!

I had been hoping the pink part would be the dyable part. :(
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Well, they have Trammified Siege, Haven has begun infecting Ocllo.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    it happened on the Prodo shards too.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Is that the mint?  

This publish will make stealth scrolls and magery iii primers more expensive.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.