The future of these ToT events are ACCOUNT BOUND items. Period

13»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Skett said:
    Shard bound needs to be eliminated let alone adding account bound wtf. 

How are deco items negatively impacting the game ? And why are they shard bound ? Absolutely lame. And now you want account bound jezzz….

why is this thread still open ? 

Lol 
    Ye, shard bound is bad and still exist, this is why we use every chance to discuss a better alternative.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited May 2022
    We'll just ignore stacks like these scattered all over Atlantic and pretend everything is fine with the system. Status quo. Ignorance of the players never stops to amaze me.

Account bound SOLVES THIS.

Account bound HELPS PLAYERS AND IS ONLY BENEFICIAL.

WAKE UP

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    username said:
    We'll just ignore stacks like these scattered all over Atlantic and pretend everything is fine with the system. Status quo. Ignorance of the players never stops to amaze me.

WAKE UP

That is one person with 7 monitors playing and controlling all the same time with Rapier like reflexes ... There is no cheating going on... EJ accounts are a joke mostly used for multiboxing and free storage..
    vortex said:
    username said:

WAKE UP

That is one person with 7 monitors playing and controlling all the same time with Rapier like reflexes ... There is no cheating going on... EJ accounts are a joke mostly used for multiboxing and free storage..
    EJs were a mistake.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    I know Im in the minority on this thread; but I like the shard bound items.  
    Id hate to see my shard inundated with the ATL bots farming away to gear their accounts.  
    We also get all the roaming pvp/raiders that come to build characters, and I make some pretty good gold off my vendors when they do.

Account bound has its fair share of problems, just as shard bound does.

edited May 2022
    Kaz said:
    I know Im in the minority on this thread; but I like the shard bound items.  
    Id hate to see my shard inundated with the ATL bots farming away to gear their accounts.  
    We also get all the roaming pvp/raiders that come to build characters, and I make some pretty good gold off my vendors when they do.

Account bound has its fair share of problems, just as shard bound does.

I think you make decent points, but, account bound WILL kill 95% of the bots, so with my Account Bound suggestion you shouldn't have to worry about your shard being inundated with Atl bots. I'm willing to hear out other opinions on it though.

I was discussing this at length with a few people and they suggested something I would be up for... Shard + Account bound items, even if that means having two vendors: one with just shard bound the way it currently is and the second vendor offering shard+account bound gear, all at a lower cost of course. Note that I do think Account Bound can only be applied to equitable gear, not deco, so none of the deco could be account bound.

Overall, I do think that we can all agree that this current system is FLAWED.

I would also like to make it abundantly clear: This cheating is not unique to Destard: it's been going on since Doom. Just because people are standing still this time don't be fooled... On Atlantic specifically there were the same dozen sampires running around 24/7 killing stuff the entirety of Doom, Khaldun, Deceit, Fire Dungeon, Hythloth ToTs:  https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9597/anything-going-to-be-done-about-the-sampires-running-on-atlantic-hythloth-24-7#latest

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    By definition, account bound gear can not be sold, so it makes no sense to write about vendors for it, unless you pretend to have gear sold as deco.
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    By definition, account bound gear can not be sold, so it makes no sense to write about vendors for it, unless you pretend to have gear sold as deco.
    yup, I think others were saying to convert shard to acct bound. Which is could work.

Let's look at the objective before the means, the system has to achieve 2 aims:

1) Current players can shard travel with the gears.
    2) New or returning layers can acquire any gear on any shard affordablywhenever they join the game.
    3) It must prevent RMT from reselling the gear. 

no. 3 is by others, even tho i don't really care but let's put it in.

Players asking for items to remain on their shard, I would classify that under Para 2.

So far I see shard converting to account bound has a potential to meet all 3 above.
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    The NPC vendor (Artifact Trader) that sells the rewards... the context made it quite clear... derp

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    yup, I think others were saying to convert shard to acct bound. Which is could work.

2) New or returning layers can acquire any gear on any shard affordablywhenever they join the game.

Players asking for items to remain on their shard, I would classify that under Para 2.

So far I see shard converting to account bound has a potential to meet all 3 above.
    Part of the problem is people think that gear isn't for sale on smaller shards because its not on VS but a little in game communication goes a long way 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:

Yes, that was another option that was suggested that could work.

So far three great alternatives/modifications to the current system are:
    1. Purely Account Bound (no shard bound)
    2. Two Artifact Trader NPCs: one sells shard bound, other sells shard+account at a much lower price.
    3. Reward Trader: one way converts Shard Bound items to Account Bound.

edited May 2022
    username said:
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:

Yes, that was another option that was suggested that could work.

So far three great alternatives/modifications to the current system are:
    1. Purely Account Bound (no shard bound)
    2. Two Artifact Trader NPCs: one sells shard bound, other sells shard+account at a much lower price.
    3. Reward Trader: one way converts Shard Bound items to Account Bound.
    I think the easiest for existing shard bound item is to auto convert to account bound when reaching another new shard. 

This is the simplest and least complicated than introducing new token or vendor etc.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 455
    edited May 2022
    It's unnecessary.  It doesn't solve any big issues.  Shard bound does.  UO is a sandbox game with trade.  Account Bound removes trade.  Shard bound already solves the issue.  Farm the items on the shard you want them on.
    edited May 2022
    Feigr said:
    It's unnecessary.  It doesn't solve any big issues.  Shard bound does.  UO is a sandbox game with trade.  Account Bound removes trade.  Shard bound already solves the issue.  Farm the items on the shard you want them on.
    You're literally contradicting yourself: shard bound removes plenty of trade. And for the players who would just like to, you know, play the game which sometimes involves moving shards you're preventing players from PLAYING THE GAME with gear they've earned.

username said:

shard bound removes plenty of trade
    No, it doesn't.

username said:
    Feigr said:
     play the game which sometimes involves moving shards 
    No, it doesn't.
    Feigr said:
    username said:

No, it doesn't.

username said:
    Feigr said:
    No, it doesn't.
    You either post whole thread of journals that no one bother to read or post one sentence pointless garbage. 
    edited May 2022
    And what do you do? I don't even remember your name.

Haters Gonna Hate - Trophy Mullet Kid  Meme Generator

There was no point in elaborating.  You were looking for something to argue with.  I kept it simple.
    edited May 2022
    Feigr said:
    username said:

No, it doesn't.

username said:
    Feigr said:
    No, it doesn't.
    My bad, you're right, shard shields haven't existed for the better park of 8 years now lol. They're the only thing keeping some of these dead shards alive and now with shard bound items people ain't gonna play on those shards. God I hope they end up closing some of the dead shards and yours is first.

Seth said:
    Feigr said:
    username said:

No, it doesn't.

username said:
    Feigr said:
    No, it doesn't.
    You either post whole thread of journals that no one bother to read or post one sentence pointless garbage. 
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

username said:

My bad, you're right, shard shields haven't existed for the better park of 8 years now lol. They're the only thing keeping some of these dead shards alive and now with shard bound items people ain't gonna play on those shards. God I hope they end up closing some of the dead shards and yours is first.

The people I play with on the shard are always on the shard.  I don't see them moving around too much as far as I can tell  I don't think I've played with many off-shard people unless they are the ones running around as if their reputation doesn't matter... in which case.  Bye.
    lucky them!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Feigr said:
    username said:

The people I play with on the shard are always on the shard.  I don't see them moving around too much as far as I can tell  I don't think I've played with many off-shard people unless they are the ones running around as if their reputation doesn't matter... in which case.  Bye.
    So Violet and khryo just stay on chessy?

Their website begs to differ. See their toons in Atlantic by the stables often.

Fountain of misinformation you are 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:
    username said:

How would that fix the non existent spawn in most of the dungeon?
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:
    username said:

Just because we're both on Chessy, doesn't mean we all play together.  I enjoy having Violet around.  I think UO-CAH is a great resource and the site is amazing.  I don't play with them very often.  I hope to play with them more.

I hadn't really noticed them leaving the shard either.  They're at a lot of events.  Violet was outside of Destard for almost a week solid on Chesapeake...

I'm sure there ARE people that shard shield.  It's not proof that it's necessary gameplay.  Shard Shields aren't even available for years for a lot of accounts.

Glory, a player I find hilarious and great, traded me gold from ATL to Chessy.  It's still not necessary gameplay.

Also, you all are pretty rude.  We just have different opinions.  You all have continuously attacked me and name called.  I haven't once.  I just disagree with you.  Stop being toxic and you all wouldn't have to complain about the moderators on this site when you run off to the other forum.
    edited May 2022
    Darling, you just called them rude, toxic and other-shard-ranters... Maybe if 75 % of your statements didnt just sound like mememememe. Just now in order of apparition:  I enjoy, I think, I don't, I hope, I hadn't, I'm sure, I find.... It could come off as a bit too self-aggrandizing, do you see? Your enthusiasm is great, however, no-one died and made you Pontiff, the form matters.
    edited May 2022
    Since UO is a sandbox, is anything necessary? 
    I'm not going to go digging through forums.  I trust that you haven't.  It's been done though.  Often.
    Feigr said:
    I'm not going to go digging through forums.  I trust that you haven't.  It's been done though.  Often.
     :D You just said that I did. And now you trust I haven't?  Done by others yes, not me.

NM I just came to a realization.

On with how account bound drops would not be good for UO.  Converting shard bound to account bound to get rid of shard bound = good.
    That would be why I responded to acknowledge my error in saying "You all" and not being more specific.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This conversation is done.