Brit Bank Moongate Chessy

Ours Poofed! Anyone heard anything? I had a friend look; she doesn't see it either, I thought maybe I was bugged.
«1

Comments

  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 353
    You are bugged, but the moongate is still missing. 
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • MargeMarge Posts: 609
    Lol! Quite a few things are missing there (thought honestly most of the deco there could go...) and in the HoC.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 532
    I wish they’d put all the banks back to normal 


  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,215
    If they're out cleaning up banks without having even addressed destard....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,579
    "I once read that the moongate at brit could be used to bypass trade run moongate restrictions"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 609
    edited May 5
    What moongate restrictions? You can use moongates for a trade run you just will not get as many resources and you will never get the guild signs.

    Edited to add:

    From the uowiki Pub 86 notes:
    Upon accepting a trade order players will not be able to magically teleport except for using public moongates.  Using public moongates will forfeit any distance bonus and rare chance at rewards.

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,579
    edited May 5
    "Is there a way to confirm if the distance bonus is still removed from using the brit moongate?
    This is not my area at all, 
    (although i do spend an awful lot of time destroying the bot ships that run the traderoute from magincia to ocllo fel, there is a very sophisticated set up of bots)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 609
    I have never gotten the bonus using the Brit Moongate - 20 ingots (\leather\ dragon scales\ lumber) no matter where I go.
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 38
    The Governor err Queen probably broke it. Can't keep anything nice.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 353
    "In the last newsletter I talked about the removal of bank decorations.  I have gotten many opinions and emails on this topic and thank everyone for their feedback.  The feedback has been about a 50/50 mix of keeping the decorations or removing them.  Please keep in mind the original intent was to just decorate the bank and not turn it into an area to match Luna.  I continue to look forward to everyone's feedback before a final decision is made regarding the Britain Banks."

    My vote is to keep it.  I'd also like more decorations in Luna.  Chesapeake's Luna is very poorly decorated compared to other shards.  That's just my vote.  I'm not saying it's a high priority or anything.  And I'm also not a decorator so I'm volunteering someone else. LOL
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,344
    Since Brit commons is a meeting place. All shards should have a gate to there or the bank.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    edited May 5
    Feigr said:
    "In the last newsletter I talked about the removal of bank decorations.  I have gotten many opinions and emails on this topic and thank everyone for their feedback. …”
    Where is the quote about cleaning up the banks coming from, Feigr?

    I was just thinking about this very thing, cleaning up old decor and old stuff from past EM events. 

    I’m with Skett. I’d like to see the banks cleaned up. In general I’d like to see Britannia cleaned up of a bunch of items from old EM storylines. 

    Right now there’s a room in one of the Yew Trammel farmhouses you can’t walk into because you can’t pass through the decorations left from some old event. Eggs keep spawning in there but you can’t reach them.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to what EMs leave behind after an event. I personally don’t see that stuff as precious. I’d rather see a rule of thumb set in place where, after X amount of time, EMs clean that stuff up again. 

    If someone feels sentimental about the decor, take screen shots and post them in the event forum. 

    Edited to add:
    As far as the moongate in Brit goes. Cant we have one in Brit without a lot of hoopla? 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 353
    LilyGrace said:
    Feigr said:
    "In the last newsletter I talked about the removal of bank decorations.  I have gotten many opinions and emails on this topic and thank everyone for their feedback. …”
    Where is the quote about cleaning up the banks coming from, Feigr?

    I was just thinking about this very thing, cleaning up old decor and old stuff from past EM events. 

    I’m with Skett. I’d like to see the banks cleaned up. In general I’d like to see Britannia cleaned up of a bunch of items from old EM storylines. 

    Right now there’s a room in one of the Yew Trammel farmhouses you can’t walk into because you can’t pass through the decorations left from some old event. Eggs keep spawning in there but you can’t reach them.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to what EMs leave behind after an event. I personally don’t see that stuff as precious. I’d rather see a rule of thumb set in place where, after X amount of time, EMs clean that stuff up again. 

    If someone feels sentimental about the decor, take screen shots and post them in the event forum. 

    Edited to add:
    As far as the moongate in Brit goes. Cant we have one in Brit without a lot of hoopla? 
    Newsletter #9
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    Thanks, I think I was buried in DIY stuff and missed the last 2 newsletters. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 355
    Looks like the remnants from the 20th anniversary parade that were in East Britain were also cleaned up. Someone probably didn't like some EM decoration in Britain and emailed Mesanna about it. Unfortunately they were probably too ignorant to know those types of requests often come with unintended consequences, in this case it was the loss of the actual nice decorations around the moongate and the moongate itself.  The odds of getting the moongate back are close to nil. Congratulations to whoever that was, hope you are happy because others are not.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,215
    Violet said:
    Looks like the remnants from the 20th anniversary parade that were in East Britain were also cleaned up. Someone probably didn't like some EM decoration in Britain and emailed Mesanna about it. Unfortunately they were probably too ignorant to know those types of requests often come with unintended consequences, in this case it was the loss of the actual nice decorations around the moongate and the moongate itself.  The odds of getting the moongate back are close to nil. Congratulations to whoever that was, hope you are happy because others are not.
    How can they do such trivial stuff without even acknowledging the mess in destard..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 38
    McDougle said:

    How can they do such trivial stuff without even acknowledging the mess in destard..
    Imagine them around a water cooler... oh the masses are upset over the mess in destard. Powers that be, "Oh no! Let's remove deco" Because they have nothing better to do apparently?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    According to the newsletters it looks like doing some clean up was in the works. I don’t know why you guys think devs can’t be working on more than one thing at once. 

    We might not all have the same opinion on what should be cleaned up and what should stay. But I for sure think it’s lame that EM decor can block you from game content because you can’t walk through it. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,215
    LilyGrace said:
    According to the newsletters it looks like doing some clean up was in the works. I don’t know why you guys think devs can’t be working on more than one thing at once. 

    We might not all have the same opinion on what should be cleaned up and what should stay. But I for sure think it’s lame that EM decor can block you from game content because you can’t walk through it. 
    I certainly believe they are quite capable of multitasking however communication is apparently outside of their expertise...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 353
    McDougle said:
    LilyGrace said:
    According to the newsletters it looks like doing some clean up was in the works. I don’t know why you guys think devs can’t be working on more than one thing at once. 

    We might not all have the same opinion on what should be cleaned up and what should stay. But I for sure think it’s lame that EM decor can block you from game content because you can’t walk through it. 
    I certainly believe they are quite capable of multitasking however communication is apparently outside of their expertise...
    This was communicated in a Newsletter, assuming it's part of that effort.

    They have meet and greets.  

    I play a lot of games.  A LOT.  They have alright communication.  Kyronix posts here.  There's meet and greets.  There's newsletters and good publish notes.  A mod here is knowledgeable of the wiki.  It's better than a lot of non-indie games.

    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • VioletViolet Posts: 355
    LilyGrace said:
    According to the newsletters it looks like doing some clean up was in the works. I don’t know why you guys think devs can’t be working on more than one thing at once. 

    We might not all have the same opinion on what should be cleaned up and what should stay. But I for sure think it’s lame that EM decor can block you from game content because you can’t walk through it. 
    As history likes to repeat itself, deleting of items like this is triggered by feedback from players, be it an email or mentioned at a meet and greet. As there has been no recent meet and greets, that's not what caused it. So some player gave feedback complaining. Much like what happened to Guardians Gate a few years back, someone asked for something to be fixed and instead Guardians Gate was mostly deleted.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    edited May 6
    I don't know anything about the Guardians Gate, Violet. If that makes me ignorant, what can I say? But the deco on top of Brit bank is unattractive. And the crap in the northern Yew ranch house that blocks that room, and the stuff in the sheep pen, should be cleaned up. And I'm sorry the moongate went missing.

    P.S. Dev team please only work on stuff that's wicked important to McDougle. And get his digits so you can call him and let him know what you're up to and when.

    Edited to add: IMO
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,215
    LilyGrace said:
    I don't know anything about the Guardians Gate, Violet. If that makes me ignorant, what can I say? But the deco on top of Brit bank is unattractive. And the crap in the northern Yew ranch house that blocks that room, and the stuff in the sheep pen, should be cleaned up. And I'm sorry the moongate went missing.

    P.S. Dev team please only work on stuff that's wicked important to McDougle. And get his digits so you can call him and let him know what you're up to and when.

    Edited to add: IMO
    Wicked important like a functional event!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    I was speaking in general terms, Doogie. Not the current Destard event.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,579
    Violet said:
    Congratulations to whoever that was, hope you are happy because others are not.
    "you're welcome"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 408
    Here we go again.

    Back in the day people complained the bank was ugly, bland. So around 2008 the Devs had a design contest. Players submitted designs. The winning design became the new look of the bank.

    As typical to humankind, some loved it, some hated it.

    So now some people want bland again. And the one thing that gives each shard some uniqueness  from the other shards will be lost forever.

    As typical to humankind, some will love it, some will hate it.

    If you want to live through the discussion again read on.

  • dvviddvvid Posts: 712
    Yeah it’s tricky. I think going back to bland would be unfortunate but at the same time, full on extravagant isn’t the best either. I’d like to see the banks decorated in a more minimal and realistic manner. The fact that there’s a pond on top of the bank on ATL is just ridiculous. Going back to a gray box, though, would be kind of sad. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 511
    Have another contest then. Or come up with some way to change the look of the rooves with the seasons. I think that would be way more interesting and dynamic anyway. Albeit something some would complain about devoting any time to I'm sure.

    I think talk of EM stuff scattered here and there across Britainnia that could use some clean up and the contest that took place for decorating bank rooftops is comparing apples and oranges a bit. 

    At any rate, I think we can agree the beauty of decorating static structures, whether in the past, present, or future, is in the eye of many different beholders.

    This...


    Is not this...

    I don't see how anyone could look at the Brit West Bank roof in Tram Chessy and say, Oh, how lovely! No offense intended toward whoever decorated it. But frankly, I would not hire them. Sorry.

    And I guess the missing moongate thing is a bummer? But like, who doesn't have a rune to a moongate on them? 

    I do thank you for the historical context, Amber.

    P.S. Please don't police and chastise posters for talking about something other than Destard. No one is saying the devs should drop what they're doing and get cracking on bank roof decor and cleaning up after EM's.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 353
    Yea, Chessy definitely got the shaft on the Brit/Luna decor.  I like that top one. LOL
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,344
    Yes most residents of a shard have runes. The moongates are used by players that are bringing in unbuilt toons to pick up click rewards or to log out at the tavern right there. Or to do Artisan festival. Or go to the commons. 

    Players playing UO their own way.
Sign In or Register to comment.