Destard slaughterfest WOW

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
@Kyronix

Hats off, the new event is in many ways the best of its kind so far.  It has taken a bit of grind out of these events, and whole guilds are loving it.

A couple of notes:
  1. Atlantic would provide you some live debugging data to help diagnose the type of lag that is prevalent at many shard EM events.  Reducing un-needed animations, removing locks on the server side (?), etc, could all be possible tweaks to improve the experience.
  2. It's puzzling that EJ accounts get drops.  Perhaps this is a bait and switch, lure them in with this excitement, and pull the switch off later this week?

For those hunting groups, you want your party setup like this:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yup Players should accept party invites from Bards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We should go on strike until we get equipable instruments no more buffs
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @ForeverFun - careful tagging the Devs or the #tagpolice will make a mean post about you tagging them 

B) 
    McDougle said:
    We should go on strike until we get equipable instruments no more buffs
    Where would I hold a bow?  You really have a bard that uses no weapon or book?
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    This is what the event has become, on Atlantic...

I dont use EC, what are the blue and fire spells?
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    I dont use EC, what are the blue and fire spells?

Wildfire on the left, Fire & Poison Field on the right.  The blue spell...I think that's one of the Mysticism Mastery abilities.  Nether Blast, maybe?
    ok they look similar, but nether blast is so slow and hard to hit moving targets. Thanks
  • SirBoloSirBolo Posts: 12
    Those blue/purplish swirling things are EVs.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    It looks exactly like on Origin... minus thewildfires & EVs, lol
    @ForeverFun - It might just be because it's EC and it looks different to me but those pics actually look like it lightened up some because when I went down there around 9pm it seemed even worse. You can also go head down to level 3 because it's also the same exact thing down there. 

This event after the first day (ie after they made their changes) has been terrible. It's not fun at all because there just isn't enough spawn to kill on ATL regardless of the time of day. 

@Kyronix - PLEASE open up Fel side so those that want to can go there for drops. This should also help reduce the lag in Tram for those that do not want to go to Fel.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    keven2002 said:
    @ ForeverFun - It might just be because it's EC and it looks different to me but those pics actually look like it lightened up some because when I went down there around 9pm it seemed even worse. You can also go head down to level 3 because it's also the same exact thing down there. 

This event after the first day (ie after they made their changes) has been terrible. It's not fun at all because there just isn't enough spawn to kill on ATL regardless of the time of day. 

@ Kyronix - PLEASE open up Fel side so those that want to can go there for drops. This should also help reduce the lag in Tram for those that do not want to go to Fel.
    This event is... too much drop for those staying at a fixed location, and not enough drop for those who care to run around. 

If they are not going to improve this, we might as well all do the same and join the pile. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ ForeverFun - It might just be because it's EC and it looks different to me but those pics actually look like it lightened up some because when I went down there around 9pm it seemed even worse. You can also go head down to level 3 because it's also the same exact thing down there. 

@ Kyronix - PLEASE open up Fel side so those that want to can go there for drops. This should also help reduce the lag in Tram for those that do not want to go to Fel.
    This event is... too much drop for those staying at a fixed location, and not enough drop for those who care to run around. 

If they are not going to improve this, we might as well all do the same and join the pile. 

I joined the pile earlier today with my thrower... it's almost impossible to get kills (for me at least). Maybe it's because I'm on CC? I created a "target hostile" macro as I've read others have done and basically I need to hold this key down in order to even have a chance at targeting, but even then I won't always throw (and sprinkle in misses), plus sometimes I'm targeting a summon so I miss the actual spawn. It's to the point where I'm getting maybe 2 kills a minute?

I spent 45min in the pile and netted 1 drop because I'm sure my macro probably isn't setup correctly (I won't go into how stupid it is that I need a macro to actually attack something). There are like 15 toons parked on the same tile all trying to AI something that has like 200hp; only a few toons will actually get a hit. Add to that there is literally only 1 monster spawning once per 2-3 seconds in this area. I wish I could post a quick video here because it's crazy how instantly things are dying on ATL.

I can't understand why the DEVs won't open up Fel to "add spawn". At this rate, it would be better for us to just stop playing for a month and let all the scripters flood the market with drops.
    I am using EC and it's the same. At Atlantic the targets are killed instantly. 

The only way I feel is to have penalty to stay at one location, like To Tokuno. I am not sure if dispersing players to fel may help.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2022
    Glad I don’t play on Atlantic my eyes could not take that much action in such a small space.  Honestly, can you see what you are doing or do you just rely on automatically targeting.  As a mage seems like you would not kill much using direct damage spells because in the time it takes to cast one your target would likely be killed by someone else using a weapon or pet.  Not trying to be negative just making a comparison to the lower population shard I play on.  Agree mostly spellweavers casting wildfire and mages casting EVs.  Would expect lots of eathquake, wither and other area spells being cast as well.  Also poison and fire fields like the ones on the right.
    On my shard space is about the right size for the number of players we have but agree on Atlantic the larger area in the middle of the dungeon might have been better due to the much larger number of players.  If the program could handle that.
    Seth said:
     I am not sure if dispersing players to fel may help.
    I think it would on ATL because the amount of foot traffic it gets regardless of the event is pretty decent. If there was a pile of AFK bots somewhere, I think the PK community would take care of it pretty quick regardless if all their drops were insured. I'd probably do it myself just out of principle.
    edited May 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Glad I don’t play on Atlantic my eyes could not take that much action in such a small space.  Honestly, can you see what you are doing or do you just rely on automatically targeting.  As a mage seems like you would not kill much using direct damage spells because in the time it takes to cast one your target would likely be killed by someone else using a weapon or pet.  Not trying to be negative just making a comparison to the lower population shard I play on.  Agree mostly spellweavers casting wildfire and mages casting EVs.  Would expect lots of eathquake, wither and other area spells being cast as well.  Also poison and fire fields like the ones on the left.
    Archers are faster than mages, which i believe are responsible for the fast killing besides the aoe spells. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Each day I grow more aggravated about this event. I can’t stand the stationary brain dead piles going on.  I could my tolerate it, though, if it didn’t lag the ENTIRE DUNGEON.   The negative effects of what is going on on ATL is unavoidable. Such a disappointing event. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
     “Dear trammel turkeys,
    congratulations on your victorious vote for Christmas”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Agreed.

Event has been live for a week and it's still not open in Fel which is a huge detriment for anyone on ATL but @Kyronix won't comment on if we will get Fel or not (and why not if we won't).

Again, anyone that logs in to ATL can 1) see the lag 2) see the pile up 3) see the insta kills. Combine that with the overwhelming amount of negative feedback on drop rate still being given and it seems like a pretty obvious issue.

At the very least humor me and say it's working as intended so I know you have no intention of fixing the event and at that point I can stop logging in for a month to allow the scripters to flood the market so I can buy what I want from them on the cheap. 
    You will be waiting a long time for cheap items.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pacific a ghost town this morning with more people turning in eggs than inside fighting 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2022
    Really like the egg alternative.  I do both.  When I get to the point where the mouse becomes unpredictable due to the users inability to control it anymore, I head out to collect eggs.  Don’t have to worry so much about getting killed collecting eggs.
    Really, wish they had this alternative at the Hythloft event.  I play later at night and on more than one occasion there just was not any other or enough players there for me play in a dungeon filled with Para. Baldrons or what ever they were.  Would have liked an alternative way to work towards what I wanted instead of doing other things instead.
    edited May 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Agreed.

Event has been live for a week and it's still not open in Fel which is a huge detriment for anyone on ATL but @ Kyronix won't comment on if we will get Fel or not (and why not if we won't).

Again, anyone that logs in to ATL can 1) see the lag 2) see the pile up 3) see the insta kills. Combine that with the overwhelming amount of negative feedback on drop rate still being given and it seems like a pretty obvious issue.

At the very least humor me and say it's working as intended so I know you have no intention of fixing the event and at that point I can stop logging in for a month to allow the scripters to flood the market so I can buy what I want from them on the cheap. 
    Seriously, did anyone heard since Deceit that dynamic events would only reward players who moved around.

I remember after TO Tokuno, drop is supposed to happen only if we are moving. Same as the old 8x8 system that requires us to move and not stay at one location. 

Also I think one Destard is too small for Atlantic, they may need to open up another location.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Seth said:

Also I think one Destard is too small for Atlantic, they may need to open up another location.
    Destard would be fine if the spawn wasn't limited to 4 choke point areas filled with auto attack archers. (just speaking for Atl no other shard)

Going into this i expected the spawn area to be full. The open area to be full. More than 6 water elementals at the lake. The ancient wyrm didn't even spawn while i was there today for an hour. 

These events need to act like the guardian room in Doom where spawn is based on people in the room. 
    Urge said:

These events need to act like the guardian room in Doom where spawn is based on people in the room. 
    Boom - nailed it.
    keven2002 said:
    Urge said:

Boom - nailed it.
    Again, I thought dynamic spawn events are supposed to have this and also anti-static. I remember we have to run around change locations to get drops and spawn was all along based on players in the dungeon. 
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Urge said:

Boom - nailed it.
    Again, I thought dynamic spawn events are supposed to have this and also anti-static. I remember we have to run around change locations to get drops and spawn was all along based on players in the dungeon. 
    I'm not 100% sure on the # of spawn being dependent on the # of players in the dungeon. I think that it makes the most sense but I feel like it's not the case given that a shard like ATL seems to always run short of spawn for these events while shards like Baja always seem overrun. 

One thing that I am 100% certain of is that the spawns have never been static so the fact that it is in Destard is definitely new. It's a real shame that the Dev team can't communicate what the problem is here. What's different about Destard that it doesn't work like every other dungeon event we've had? Why was Destard picked as the dungeon if this were the case?
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    If I were to guess the problem with server crashes, in addition to all the lag created by concentrated players (like EM events) could have also been a function of too many copses stacking up the z axis before they could decay.  I know on Napa, with just our small population, in the pile it was hard to see characters at times from the bodies piled so high.
    It's just kind of belaboring the point now but it's easy to see that this event has many more issues and complaints than every other event we've had and the only real difference is that the Devs decided to make a majority of the spawn static. Two of the most obvious fixes are to make the spawn non-static (why this can't be done not sure) and/or open up Fel (why this hasn't be done on ATL is mind-boggling).