The future of these ToT events are ACCOUNT BOUND items. Period

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
As the title states, the future of these ToT events are to change drops/rewards from 'Shard Bound' to 'Account Bound', or at least have both options available upon claiming the item.

Advantages:
  • Reduced point cost of NPC rewards since items are inherently 'worthless'
  • Afk RMT farm bots go bye-bye.
  • Increase subscriptions because players have to earn them their selves, instead of buying.
  • Reason to do the content, get online and play the game (something this game DESPERATELY lacks).
  • Items can be transferred without interfering with parting/destination shard.
  • Less of a grindfest for players that have lives.
  • Have all past rewards available more often?

Anyone on board yet?
Anyone change their mind?
How many more ToTs are people going to complain through to change your mind when this solves 99% of the complaints?
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Lucky I return to the game in 2015 or so.

If I return after what you said come true I would leave because I cannot get any of the event items. 

So everyone is worried about economy for those who are still playing. Why not worry about the dwindling population, and tall learning curve for returning or new players and let them be able to access items new or old.

Why is there a need to be so selfish.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited April 2022
    Seth said:

If I return after what you said come true I would leave because I cannot get any of the event items. 

So everyone is worried about economy for those who are still playing. Why not worry about the dwindling population, and tall learning curve for returning or new players and let them be able to access items new or old.

Nope, you are covered, did you read?
    username said:
    Advantages:
    These would make it easy to get all back logged items for someone that hasn't played in years.

The current alternative if you are a returning player and want some items that haven't dropped in a while? RMT A dozen plat to buy them? You serious?

Another problem solved by 'Account Bound' and my suggestions: helps old players catch up. You're still going to have to put in the time but again with the current alternative, lol... 

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited April 2022
    thing is, not everyone has "the time" to put.. no one could ever put the time a 25yo acct has put... and account bound, then nothing would be for sale... that's also absurd.. so if one went on vacation and missed somtn, one can never get it? be serious!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I would like both options when claiming them.  But I rarely sell things, I am a hoarder.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2022
    Archangel said:
    thing is, not everyone has "the time" to put.. no one could ever put the time a 25yo acct has put... and account bound, then nothing would be for sale... that's also absurd.. so if one went on vacation and missed somtn, one can never get it? be serious!
    Again, someone is not reading sigh These ToTs happen 2-3 times a year. With my proposal, this addresses this all. If you don't play at all then I can't help you. But if you are actively participating in the current ToT, under my proposal, you'd be much better off, even if you haven't played for 25 years and missed all previous ToTs.

edited April 2022
    username said:
    Seth said:

Nope, you are covered, did you read?
    username said:
    Advantages:
    These would make it easy to get all back logged items for someone that hasn't played in years.

The current alternative if you are a returning player and want some items that haven't dropped in a while? RMT A dozen plat to buy them? You serious?

Another problem solved by 'Account Bound' and my suggestions: helps old players catch up. You're still going to have to put in the time but again with the current alternative, lol... 
    Maybe I missed a point.

Say I have several old friends returning to the game now, and they want the epaulette and Balron armor that is account or shard bound but only Atlantic has them on auctiion while most of the low pop shards doesn't even sell.

The event is no more running and only way is to buy from others.

So how does this account and shard bound help them? 
    Seth said:

Maybe I missed a point.

Say I have several old friends returning to the game now, and they want the epaulette and Balron armor that is account or shard bound but only Atlantic has them on auctiion while most of the low pop shards doesn't even sell.

How are these returning players planning on affording such items anyways?

Again, under my proposal, they would be available right now, for the next two months and at a reduced cost. They would be able to catch up real fast.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Or we could have them all for sale in the UO store..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    username said:
    Seth said:

Maybe I missed a point.

Again, under my proposal, they would be available right now, for the next two months and at a reduced cost. They would be able to catch up real fast.
    Exactly my point, unavailability of items to new and returning players unless they return and same rewards are back. Exactly my point that it's not helping with dwindling population.

Did you read my post?
    edited April 2022
    Seth said:
    username said:
    Seth said:

Maybe I missed a point.

Exactly my point, unavailability of items to new and returning players unless they return and same rewards are back. Exactly my point that it's not helping with dwindling population.

Did you read my post?
    The items are already unavailable between ToTs. There haven't been Cloak of Lights for sale for 3 years. Clearly this current system isn't working.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I tried selling my Cloak of light for the past 4 months..no one wanted it! I saw at least 3 other people spamming gen chat on ATL trying to sell theirs. 

Shard Bound works just fine, it allows players to grow their own shards community and commerce. I'd rather sell to people on my own shard to grow my shards community.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    username said:
    As the title states, the future of these ToT events are to change drops/rewards from 'Shard Bound' to 'Account Bound', or at least have both options available upon claiming the item.

Advantages:
    • Afk RMT farm bots go bye-bye.
    • Increase subscriptions because players have to earn them their selves, instead of buying.
    • Reason to do the content, get online and play the game (something this game DESPERATELY lacks).
    • Items can be transferred without interfering with parting/destination shard.

Anyone on board yet?
    Anyone change their mind?
    How many more ToTs are people going to complain through to change your mind when this solves 99% of the complaints?
    very bad idea all the way
    Larisa said:
    I tried selling my Cloak of light for the past 4 months..no one wanted it! I saw at least 3 other people spamming gen chat on ATL trying to sell theirs. 

Shard Bound works just fine, it allows players to grow their own shards community and commerce. I'd rather sell to people on my own shard to grow my shards community.
    Please help fit out need 10 sets of Balron Armor and SSI Epaulette each so I can migrate with my friends to your shard.

Well we and they can't afford to pay so much since its shard bound supposed to be cheap and available so can we get say 1 million each? So we will trade 20 milion gold for the above at Origin Shard. 20 million is alot as it can buy 20 classic castles with gold to spare. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    No.

Making them account Bound would not only kill the economy, but make, players who missed those Events, have to wait, who knows how long, before they can get those items again...

With Shard Bound, instead, trading would be possible, even on low population shard, players who missed the Events could find them purchasing them from other players on that Shard.

Shard Bound = GOOD

Account Bound = BAD

Want to use those items on multiple characters across multiple Shards ? Either get them on multiple Shards or get them on your Shard and then either trade them with players who have them on other Shards, or sell those extra you have on your Shard to then use that gold to purchase them on whatever other Shard you need them but were not abple to hunt for them...

Besides, now, with eggs turn ins, which I hope will stay as a mechanics to get Treasures of Rewards without fighting also for future Events, it IS possible to get Shard Bound Rewards on those Shards where a player does not have a fighting ready character... just go collect the eggs on whatever Shard you need some of those items, turn them in, and get the Rewards which you need on that other Shard.

Again,

Shard Bound = GOOD

Account Bound = BAD
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    No offense intended toward the OP but this is a terrible idea.

With the advent of shard transfer shields and tokens how would it make any sense that we’d be unable to shard hop and shop then return to our home shard? Lots of players enjoy this. 

This would be nothing but a punishment for:
    *Players who love their characters and homes on shards with a low to moderate population, where many items are more difficult to find.  

*Players who don’t have enough time to play the hours it takes to acquire items they’re willing to buy off other players.

*Players who hold on to their accounts and homes forever but may take extended breaks from playing. Who again would be happy to shop for items they’ve missed out on. 

*Players with multiple accounts that want to share items between accounts. 

Waiting for an item I want to use or decorate with to roll around again, hoping it’ll come when I’ve enough free time to invest to acquire it, is of no interest to me. 

There are items that should certainly come around again, based on popular demand. Items that some players missed out on. Either because they didn’t have time to participate or they weren’t lucky enough to end up with the item. But at the same time I can’t think of any reason there shouldn’t be an opportunity to buy these items from other players who obtained multiples of these items. 

^
    ^
    Ugh I used the word ‘item’ a zillion times in the paragraph above. But I can’t fix it. It’s 4 o’clock in the morning and I only have one eye open. I can only hope my post made sense. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Not sure how I feel about this idea - but how about an item, bought or hunted for (A bit like the whetstone?), which could convert 'shard bound' to 'account bound'? That way you could take items off travelling with you, but only for your own characters, not to cart off to sell on Atlantic. 
    Such an item would allow previous, already owned, items to be converted rather than just future items? Also the drops that were not converted would be available to sell within the shard's population.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Pawain said:
    I would like both options when claiming them.  But I rarely sell things, I am a hoarder.
    Yes, but maybe like me, who also never sells anything, you buy things or items you missed. That implies that someone must be able to sell said items. Your original idea of a potion to turn shard-bound into account bound is the best one so far. Once used, the item is forever account bound
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    I prefer economies and I prefer the shard I've chosen to play on.  A friend got a drop and I was happy he was able to do what he wanted with it on our shard.

Account Bound doesn't solve any problem.  Shard Bound does.
    edited May 2022
    Feigr said:
    I prefer economies and I prefer the shard I've chosen to play on.  A friend got a drop and I was happy he was able to do what he wanted with it on our shard.

I have tokens to many shards.  You think I can get these items on those shards? Having them shard bound and the ability to change them to account bound would not hinder you your friends or a shards economy. 

I already can not take the SSI epps, dex Boots, etc to another shard to play a random event and maybe help those residents group up to kill something or get a reward like at the spawn.

I doubt anyone got 100 sashes on your shard, I did where I went and helped them kill the boss 100 times.

I'm not going to argue.  I'm just stating my preference.  I think shards are being choked and I'd prefer if people used shields more judiciously and for enjoyment rather than economies or vacations from overpopulation.  

I think more people should choose shards other than Atlantic and come back.  The economies can be better because prices are lower.  Just need bodies to fill it.

It's easy for me to hate on it, I don't have shard shields.  But I don't think they are a value add to the game.  Or at least, they shouldn't be necessary.

Play on the shard you chose.  It's not a terrible concept.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Pawain said:

I doubt anyone got 100 sashes on your shard, I did where I went and helped them kill the boss 100 times.

Feigr and I are on the same shard. More than a few got that many.
    The spawn was reverted every time I looked on Chessy.  I did pick up eggs there, I did trade some sashes for eggs there.  Could not have done that if those were shard bound.

Allowing things to change from shard bound to account bound does not hurt a shards economy.

Accept that Atlantic is the trade hub, things come there from all shards Things are then taken to other shards. When I transfer I call out in chat that I will take things to Atl.  Few do that.  When I return I ask if anyone needs something brought back.  Many more respond.

Items do not go to Atlantic to disappear, they are going to other shards via the trade hub.

I guess if you do not transfer often you do not understand the trade routes.  You could say civilization began when humans had a trade route.
    edited May 2022
    I'm not arguing like this is Stratics.  I stated my opinion.  I disagree with you.
    Feigr said:
    I'm not arguing like this is Stratics.  I stated my opinion.  I disagree with you.
    Which part of this is untrue?

Allowing things to change from shard bound to account bound does not hurt a shards economy.

Accept that Atlantic is the trade hub, things come there from all shards Things are then taken to other shards. When I transfer I call out in chat that I will take things to Atl.  Few do that.  When I return I ask if anyone needs something brought back.  Many more respond.

Items do not go to Atlantic to disappear, they are going to other shards via the trade hub.

I guess if you do not transfer often you do not understand the trade routes.  You could say civilization began when humans had a trade route.

Or do you just have an opinion that will never change and refuse to listen to facts. 

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

The OPs post is a terrible idea.  These events provide younger players (or any players for that matter) a good option to make some quick millions.  Making all items account bound would eliminate that.     We should not penalize ourselves in this way simply to try to stop scripting. 

Thumbs down on "Account Bound" items or event drops

edited May 2022
    I agree with you Merlin, These events are great for players that are not able to afford things like pet scrolls, pets, whatever.  Drops have started at 5M per every time.  The eggs were great gold makers. 

Notice the eggs are not shard bound and UO was not ruined, there are 100x more non shard bound eggs than there are shard bound items and UO or economies were not ruined.

There should be a choice or a way to change them to account bound. No greed comes from account bound.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:

I have tokens to many shards.  You think I can get these items on those shards? Having them shard bound and the ability to change them to account bound would not hinder you your friends or a shards economy. 

I already can not take the SSI epps, dex Boots, etc to another shard to play a random event and maybe help those residents group up to kill something or get a reward like at the spawn.

I have tokens to many shards.  You think I can get these items on those shards?

Even on Shards where one does not have a fighting capable character, now, thanking to this brilliant content addition that I sure hope that is going to stay also for future "Treasures of" Events, one can gather eggs and turn them in to get the wanted Rewards on Shards where one cannot use a fighting character.

Shard Bound = GOOD as it helps lower population shards' economy

Account Bound = BAD as it would further kill lower shards economy and hurt those players who missed certain Eveta.
    edited May 2022
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:

Even on Shards where one does not have a fighting capable character, now, thanking to this brilliant content addition that I sure hope that is going to stay also for future "Treasures of" Events, one can gather eggs and turn them in to get the wanted Rewards on Shards where one cannot use a fighting character.

Account Bound = BAD as it would further kill lower shards economy and hurt those players who missed certain Eveta.
    I love people who love shard bound and talks about how helps it helps the shard economy and the goods available for locals.

Can I migrate to your shard and get Three pieces for every past shard bound item from you? At affordable prices ofcourse, say 1mil each. You must have kept alot of stocks to be able to support your shard economy.

Please prove you are right by doing this and I will support what you say about shard bound in future.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:

I love people who love shard bound and talks about how helps it helps the shard economy and the goods available for locals.

Can I migrate to your shard and get Three pieces for every past shard bound item from you? At affordable prices ofcourse, say 1mil each. You must have kept alot of stocks to be able to support your shard economy.

Please prove you are right by doing this and I will support what you say about shard bound in future.

Of course we have stuff for sale on smaller shards but even shard bound you pay Atlantic prices 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Personally, I'd be for account-bound items as an option, i don't farm these events to make gold, i generally farm them for items I'm going to use myself, so account bound would benefit me,  the price of 'account-bound' items would have to be significantly cheaper than any tradable version, otherwise, there's not much a point, xfer-ability isn't enough for most of these items.

I don't think the OP has a bad idea, it's just not going to achieve much of what the OP suggests that it might.

Nothing is going to stop people from scripting or multi-boxing short of enforcing the rules.
    and GMs should be tracking overtime where the items ultimately end up that come from botting players....  you gotta hit em where it hurts (their paid account(s), otherwise what's a few days to re-build a bot army on throw-away accounts?   it's nothing.

Also EJ accounts should NOT be able to receive item drops from any ToT Content, some argue any and all content reward drops should not be dropped to EJ accounts.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659