Issue With The Targetting Macros & Summons In Classic Client

Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
The classic client targeting macros: As far as I can see, there is no way to filter out energy vortex's, rising colossus, etc. Which makes a targeting macro completely useless around spell casters who use a lot of summons. No, I am not switching to the EC. It is simply too clunky for my tastes for combat regardless of some improved features.

Please give us some assistance with this in the classic client.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    This is something I would be happy for the Devs to modify the code to allow us to target what we want to target.  Also would help to start New Legacy on better footing.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “Issue has been reported over half a dozen times already in bug subforum.

what is worse is, in fel there is a second bug associated with this where the innocent EV caster (or rising collosus etc) becomes an inadvertent aggressor, you can turn innocent players orange & grey and red if they fall foul of this bug repeatedly. The other day I came across 2 random innocent treasure hunters and managed to murder both of them using this exploit without picking up a murder count”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
     :D 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “Issue has been reported over half a dozen times already in bug subforum.

what is worse is, in fel there is a second bug associated with this where the innocent EV caster (or rising collosus etc) becomes an inadvertent aggressor, you can turn innocent players orange & grey and red if they fall foul of this bug repeatedly. The other day I came across 2 random innocent treasure hunters and managed to murder both of them using this exploit without picking up a murder count”
    More admission of guilt ....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    “Well exploit/bug was reported well over a year ago. not my fault it got buried in the multiple duplicate reports about spellbook straps”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2022
    Same thing happens in EC.  Never know what or who it will target when the action gets heavy.  Getting use to running away from angry pets.
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Doesn't the EV have to hit you?  And should the EV from a blue player hit blue players?

For a Red player an EV from a blue player is a hostile.

But for a blue player an EV from another blue player should not be a hostile.
    In lies the problem with targeting this thread is about.

Even my little brain can figure that out.
    edited May 2022
    “The official classic client thinks everything that isn’t blue/green or yellow is hostile.
    including sheep.

at least in trammel you can’t actually attack the erroneous targeted EVs, in fel both parties are severely punished by this bug”
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Happens to my Swampy and Colossus.

1) My warrior killed the swampy by accidentally targeting the pet after being dismounted. 
    2) My mages getting killed by their own summon after accidentally attacking Colossus (nearest target?)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    You should see us do a spawn in Fel.  All tamers half of us are grey most of the time. We in party so we can talk.  Often hear Bobs pet killed Bob.
    edited May 2022
    Yes, targets my summons too.  Invis. breaks the lock.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Arnold7 said:
    It's hard when u have mobs + own summon that hit so fast, 4 hits of 40 damage each is enough to kill any character.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:
    It's hard when u have mobs + own summon that hit so fast, 4 hits of 40 damage each is enough to kill any character.
    Imagine the poor gargoyle sampire with no damage reduction...oh wait you never see one i wonder why...
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    The problem for me was solved in Pincos "smart target nearest" and "smart target next". Those have a drop down menu where you filter which things it should target... Bosses, enemies, summons, pets, aggressor, criminal, attackable, animals, etc, etc, you highlight which should be targeted and since I've used it, no more targeting RC, EV, Pets, sheep or any unwanted target... it's pure bliss.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Archangel said:
    The problem for me was solved in Pincos "smart target nearest" and "smart target next". Those have a drop down menu where you filter which things it should target... Bosses, enemies, summons, pets, aggressor, criminal, attackable, animals, etc, etc, you highlight which should be targeted and since I've used it, no more targeting RC, EV, Pets, sheep or any unwanted target... it's pure bliss.
    Dam had no idea. I’ll have to try that. 
    dvvid said:
    Archangel said:
    Dam had no idea. I’ll have to try that. 
    Now you know
    edited May 2022
    "default EC UI also you can seperate and set filters, don't need Pincos"

hmmm, not the same

edited May 2022
    “What annoys me is the volume of people complaining about this bug just because it is affecting them now in Destard trammel, 
    Yet people who use official client in fel have had to endure this being a problem every day.

Bug fixes are beneficial to everyone, even though they affect fel players more severely due to the competitive nature of play”
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “What annoys me is the volume of people complaining about this bug just because it is affecting them now in Destard trammel, 
    Yet people who use official client in fel have had to endure this being a problem every day.

Bug fixes are beneficial to everyone, even though they affect fel players more severely due to the competitive nature of play”
    Well it suggests that the average poster does use the official client.  I assume most have been targeting in tram and probably have gotten by with targeting as it is.

Remember we did complain about targeting before, and it was "fixed".  I wrote up about mine and pet targeting in Khaldun.  There are 3 red archers? that are in a triangle. If they are all thats around, you tell your pet to attack one.  The pet changes target to another one who shoots the pet. This  action repeats over and over.  
    They are far enough apart that the pet will never get a bite in on any of the 3 of them.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    edited May 2022
    Smart Target works without Pincos.  You just need your Mobile bar open.

You can use it and the User Setting to auto attack in war mode.  Smart Target Next, Delay... repeat for as long as you want in the macro.  

Filter out the mobile bar in your User Settings so it only has stuff you want to attack. 

This still works.  I've verified the problem others were having is that they had their mobile bars closed.

For those of you that think EC is unfair... we also get both dungeons and cities in one crystal portal.  :D
    edited May 2022
    Feigr said:
    Smart Target works without Pincos.  You just need your Mobile bar open.

You can use it and the User Setting to auto attack in war mode.  Smart Target Next, Delay... repeat for as long as you want in the macro.  

Filter out the mobile bar in your User Settings so it only has stuff you want to attack. 

This still works.  I've verified the problem others were having is that they had their mobile bars closed.

For those of you that think EC is unfair... we also get both dungeons and cities in one crystal portal.  :D
    The portals show the menu for both (the options available for both  portals), but they wont transport you anywhere not intended for them. Try being transported to any bank from the corrupted portal, you'll se it does nothing.

Well, if both portals are side to side, you will be transported because the portal makes you speak the words. But if you put each portal in a different room, you say the words (vg "cove mint") and nothing will happen.  One still would need both portals to reach all destinations...   :)
    Targeting not working at all for me last couple of days.  Started experiencing casting delays two days ago. Never know what to expect in Destard.  Some days it works fine and others it’s unplayable due to delays and other things not working.  Beginning to think the programming is starting to break down.