Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

Significant amount of lag on Atlantic again.  

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Should have been on in fel since beginning.  With drops and rewards all being shard bound it literally doesnt make any sense to not have fel spawn.  Pvp would just be a bonus to the event.  I just dont understand how the devs can even justify not turning the fel side on.   I didnt play the days everyone just piled in one spot.   80% of the dungeon is void of spawn for no reason, they had 6 months to get this ready and its a total failure.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Spent just 2 hours last night doing Fey Wrath

20 drops each hour without a potion using a single character. 

I am not sure what tactics and skill sets others are using, but drops can still be gotten.

• I agree the first day was kinda EZ mode, ok,so there's that. But you guys went the exact total opposite with difficulty. I am so happy to say that I will NOT be purchasing any more potions as the drop rate even with a potion is just totally ridiculous! You have also made the mobs so freakishly difficult as to where now a small group of 2-3 people is routinely wiped out. We all waited and waited for this event and now it's like blah, whatever. Thanks!! :/
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I was going to post a long feedback message (and still will) but for more data: I got 19 in an hour this morning on my archer on Chesapeake without a potion. He was running 125 luck (from the new quiver which is just bitchin').

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    Violet said:
    Spent just 2 hours last night doing Fey Wrath

20 drops each hour without a potion using a single character. 

I am not sure what tactics and skill sets others are using, but drops can still be gotten.

What tactics were you using?
  • GuilelmaGuilelma Posts: 1
     Drop rate now is so poor it is more profitable to collect eggs. I look forward to these events but this is disappointing.  No buying potions the drop rate is so bad. The spawn is so weird that its hard to stay alive. Disappointing. Hope the next one is better. Don't mind collecting death robes  but haven't died this much since I was a new player a bazillion years ago.
    I was told the new tactic and it is indeed fast.  It's not too hard to set up either.  Because it's not my own method, I'll let others share the details when they're comfortable doing so.  Sorry, I don't want to ruin their fun since they came up with it.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Should have been on in fel since beginning.  With drops and rewards all being shard bound it literally doesnt make any sense to not have fel spawn.  Pvp would just be a bonus to the event.  I just dont understand how the devs can even justify not turning the fel side on.   I didnt play the days everyone just piled in one spot.   80% of the dungeon is void of spawn for no reason, they had 6 months to get this ready and its a total failure.

Exactly.  It's not like they haven't done these in Fel dungeons before, and there's no reason why they couldn't have now.  And doing the champ spawn for drops would have been more tolerable than what it turned into.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The most troubling thing is that despite the massive negative feedback back it's stone silence from the developers 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    "nobody asked for our feedback, Pawain started this thread, not a developer"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Not making an excuse for the silence, but I would assume it's not an easy answer.  I have high hopes that next week they will push something that at least makes it more tolerable experience for more people.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "and Kyronix has commented like 3 times in this thread, where you're getting silence from?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yoshi said:
    "and Kyronix has commented like 3 times in this thread, where you're getting silence from?"
    Silence since they made the change. Zero reply to any feedback since the change and they were "monitoring". That silence?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yoshi said:
    "nobody asked for our feedback, Pawain started this thread, not a developer"
    Ya and I thought it would be general things.  I did not know about the pile and then it was turned off.  I made it after running around the whole dungeon and noticing that very little spawns in the Water ele areas or the spawn area.

Like now the only place that had spawn was by the entry and the ramps.  Now the entry spawn is pretty much gone unless someone drags stuff there.

I was getting 3 drops per hour, I usually got 6 per hour in the other dungeon events.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Feigr said:
    Not making an excuse for the silence, but I would assume it's not an easy answer.  I have high hopes that next week they will push something that at least makes it more tolerable experience for more people.

They won't.  I know a small dev team can't do everything immediately, but how many times have the players asked for things only to be ignored?  In an ongoing/fixed duration event like this, how hard would it be for one of them to say they'll look at things?  Kyronix may have posted in this thread but he hasn't said a word since.

I'm active on two different servers.  On one of them, I've pretty much done all the farming I want.  On another, I haven't even started, because I literally can't do anything.

Before this started, and knowing that they've done it in the past, I expected that it would be in active in Fel as well as Tram.  It isn't, for reasons none of us know.  It would've been preferable to have it there - it avoids the grinder/pile (whatever you want to call it), gives people an option of where to do the content (and potentially deals with the scripter issue.)  While people would, naturally, find a way around it, I doubt the ones afk'ing this 24/7 would bring sampires to the Fel-side version of the event.

To go a step further, throwing this in Fel has the added benefit of people farming for the scrolls they complain about so much, especially on Atl.  With the population there, not even the pvp guilds would be able to kill all of the players present - even if they could, they'd have to deal with spawn that would more than likely kill them, because they're on templates not suited for pve content.
    edited April 2022
    I made this one myself and don't feel bad for sharing.  This includes very little detail of what I was told and I created most of this myself.

Make sure legacy targetting is off. User Settings > Legacy
    Filter out Innocent, Friend, Invulnerable, and summons in your mobiles bar.  User Settings > Mobiles
    Equip Fey Talisman
    Use a dragon slayer and try to get max swing speed for whatever ranged weapon you choose.  
    Create this macro...
    Smart Next Target
    Cursor Target Current
    Attack Current Target
    Enable Repeating
    Repeat 10 times.
    Log out of EC.

DO THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ONLY IF YOU ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Go to C:\Users\%WINDOWSNAME%\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\%YOURUOACCOUNTNAME%\%SHARD%\
    Right click the character name you created the macro on and open with Notepad.
    Copy just this section under macros.  Don't copy other lines and copy it from your OWN FILE.

<UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5201" iconId="865007" targetType="Cursor" text="script Actions.NextTarget()" />
                    <UserAction type="CursorTargetCurrent" id="0" iconId="643" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="AttackCurrentTarget" id="0" iconId="773" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Cursor" delay="0.25" />

Paste it multiple times under itself.  Save.
    Reopen EC.
    Put the macro on a hotkey. 
    Go to a spot with a fast spawn in Destard.  I suggest the room before going to level 2, level 2 on the left side, or level 3.
    You may have to change the delay amount before copying/pasting.  Ideally you'd want a shot every target.  You can practice it and tweak before going in dungeon.

There should be a delay at the end of that macro. I put it in, but forgot to put it in the above.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    And you guys say goblins are hard to understand - you lost me at EC lol
    I cant use EC but if it is approved by the Ks it must work! Or someone else told u the method.

Its kinda the same as a mage casting EQ or a weaver casting thunderstorm if the mobs are that dense.  If they are not dense then an archer sounds good, the melee players will keep the attention of the mobs.

But I don't see an archer taking on many of the paragons.
    I can help you Marge.  
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Im ok - I don't play EC and never touch files - my computer would blow up if I tried lol
    Pawain said:
    I cant use EC but if it is approved by the Ks it must work! Or someone else told u the method.

Its kinda the same as a mage casting EQ or a weaver casting thunderstorm if the mobs are that dense.  If they are not dense then an archer sounds good, the melee players will keep the attention of the mobs.

Yea, you'd have to stack for sure and you will still die.  Just make sure you're attended and insuring.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    So basically what the huge amounts of afk archers are exactly doing on Atlantic at the ramp right now?

• SamaelSamael Posts: 23
    I'm getting good drops honestly, on par with hytloth if not more. Tonight I just made a 2 hour run ..  averaged 20ish without potion and 50ish with potion. This is with a necro/weaver. With my sampire I get a little less, but not bad either. Of course this is when playing in group, solo is another story and most of the paragons are just too much to handle and anyway a waste of time
    edited April 2022
    Kaz said:
    So basically what the huge amounts of afk archers are exactly doing on Atlantic at the ramp right now?

:D They changed so the afkers are getting drops but the player running around just trying to have fun are getting 3 an hour.

Was better when we all could choose to get lots of drops in a crowd or play solo and get a few. 
    Pawain said:
    I'm playing on an archer.
    Jepeth said:
    Pawain said:
    OK, what paragons can u kill alone.
    Pawain said:
    Jepeth said:
    Pawain said:
    OK, what paragons can u kill alone.
    I'm okay with all of them aside from that Wyrm. It's all just spacing, timing, and the right talisman, weapon, slayer, and lowest resist combination. Not to say that I *don't* die, but as always the right setup for the right mob makes all the difference. 
    Since this new variation of the dungeon is here, I am sure Ill follow my melee toon around with my archer bard.  I have Dragon slayer instruments and the fey from the cleanup points.

Normally I do a luck hour with each Melee guy with the bard following.  Then I'll do an hour on the Archer/Bard alone.  But the going from nice drop rate and lots of people playing together and having fun, to what we have now, sapped my enthusiasm to log in.