Destard is an AFK scriptfest. not fun

2»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “the deceit and fire events, actually had an advantage to doing the event in fel as you got a lot more drops at the champ spawn.
    but this actually still did not produce any pvp as the drops were insurable, none of them were prized or cursed so no reason to kill other players, just more profitable to kill monsters. Even if you kill the sampire bots, you went grey and all the legit players attacked you as they thought you were a danger to them. 
    Personal opinion removed”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited April 2022
    Amazing that a person admits to cheating and the Devs or Mods do nothing @Kyronix @Bleak @Mariah and this is not the first time he has done it.  Forum Ban just like his buddy/alt, this tell new people it is ok to cheat and brings to question to the older crowd as to why we should play by the rules, does UO even care anymore.
    edited April 2022
    “I am checking my PC at least every 3 hours or so as my char gets too full with artis so…
    it is not the players fault their attendance is not required
    if you want to report me in game, I am the guy stood next to the other 50 afk guys”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    Some players like to play against other players, some prefer to play against the computer and some are ok playing both.  UO learned a long time ago players can choose from various alternatives so UO provided them in game.  That dos not say anything positive or negative about those that choose to play one way or another.  Thought most of these events held in Tram were also held in Fel.  Maybe they should be in both or in one of the other areas that does not have two facets.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,078
    When they put them in Fel in a dungeon with no champ spawn, no one goes to Fel. It is about the greed of wanting more drops from killing low HP mobs in bulk.

Remove the dungeon tag from spawn mobs and then let it be in Fel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    RE: Fel, perhaps the next event should *only* be in FEL.

That would sure mix up the dynamic.  Or perhaps the reds would go extinct.

the scripter's voices are too loud for something as good as that to happen =[
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2022
    “it wouldn’t mix up the dynamic at all, we saw this with the ‘of the three’ and ‘wildfire’ event, none of the artis were cursed so there was no point in me logging on my red other than boredom of farming,
    Like normal loot, a percentage of drops should be cursed, heavy!, & prized.

This was raised the last events and still no change.

but hey at this rate I can’t see people paying more than 5 mill for a fey slayer talisman etc, so I guess that is good for the people who were complaining about feeling forced to grind the event”
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Honestly, I will never understand why, rather then addressing the root of the AFK issue by detecting whatever account is using unauthorized Third Party software in order to be able to run the account automatedly, and banning these accounts which, to my understanding are in breach of Ultima Online's Terms of Service, it is preferred to change, modify gameplay mechanics....

Personally, I think that altered gameplay mechanics as a counter to the use of scripted Third Party ultilities, in the end, penalize, perhaps sometimes even more, also the legittimate player who does not use Third Party utilities to script and run accounts whether AFK or multiple at once.

I would very much prefer, instead, if the Developers addressed this issue by going to the root of it, that is, detect the use of not allowed Third Party utilities, and ban the accounts using them and, possibly, if these are just EJ accounts but in the end there is a "main" subscribed account that benefits from this practice against UO's TOS, ban those "main" subscribed accounts too...

That is at least my opinion of it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    Be aware, If you are not at the keyboard, you are not 'playing' the game, the pc is. This is against the rules no matter whether you are using approved or unapproved programs to do so. You can be reported for doing it, and your account can be suspended, either temporarily or permanently. You flout these rules at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.