Auto-Run turned OFF but STILL Auto-Running

When I turn off Auto-run in the options menu, the button becomes "unchecked", but my characters still auto-run. Its super annoying. Please fix soon.

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Yes it's super annoying... Seems to happen when the game lags a bit while running and suddenly it's on
  • This is absolutely horrible. It seems to have gotten worse, or I just move around more than usual..
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “What client please?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Enhanced Client

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Open up your character's data file in notepad and make sure there is a line that says

<AlwaysRun enabled="false" />

There should be only one instance of "AlwaysRun". 

For my main character, Tim, his data file is: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<my account>\Pacific\Tim
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • I'm sorry for brining this back up, but it's pissing me off. I'm getting my butt kicked because of this. If ya want the auto-run on that's fine, but please make it so the Disable Auto Run works.
    edited May 2022
    “and I’m still attacking non hostile red/grey targets 10 times a day with attack nearest hostile, join the 4 year queue,
    I die around 20 times a day, normally 19 are due to one bug or other, and if you bump the thread you will have it locked, even if it’s only once every 6 months.
    it’s not as if we’re paying customers.
    oh wait…”
  • Yoshi said:
    “and I’m still attacking non hostile red/grey targets 10 times a day with attack nearest hostile, join the 4 year queue,
    I die around 20 times a day, normally 19 are due to one bug or other, and if you bump the thread you will have it locked, even if it’s only once every 6 months.
    oh wait…”
    lol
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    oh wait…”
    Well slap me with my spellbook strap while chasing that ghost mob...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    “Your spell book strap gets you killed multiple times a day?
    And at least when you’re killed you’re not losing anything in trammel”
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “Your spell book strap gets you killed multiple times a day?
    And at least when you’re killed you’re not losing anything in trammel”
    A bug is a bug
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...