Treasures of fey reward feedback

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
edited April 2022 in General Discussions
Items posted here:
https://www.uo-cah.com/events/treasures-of-fey-wrath

Silverbranch bow, leeches too low, with no SSI.  Note the Bane bows from the invasions had overcapped leech (had to analyze on soul forge to get the actual leech).

Spellbooks, 250 points, heavy dose of inflation?

Quiver interesting.

thanks!

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 127
    Isnt it a Yumi?

doesnt really need ssi imo
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
    edited April 2022
    Kaz said:
    Isnt it a Yumi?

doesnt really need ssi imo

The primary point is the leeches are too low, particularly when it doesn't have SSI.  You can reforge higher mods.

The invasion bows gave you the choice as to whether to imbue other properties, but again, they had higher overcapped mana leech.

(also, I would trade higher hit mana leech for lower life leech).

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited April 2022
    Spellbooks were 250 points in Deceit. In Hythloth they were 200.   I guess they went back to their original cost.  Don't see if as a big deal.

Silverbranch bow is a Yumi, are you really needing SSI for a Yumi? You only need a total 20 SSI for a 3.25 weapon with 180 stamina.

The invasion bows:

Crossbow  4.5s max 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Concussion/Motal Strike
    Bow 4.25s - 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Paralyzing Blow/Mortal Strike
    Heavy 5.0s - 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Moving Shot/Dismount

You would need 240 stamina and capped ssi to swing the bow at 1.25. 

So how are these invasion bows better?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    For those that are using the "yumi doesn't really need SSI" reason (btw - I agree); would it be fair to say that you really shouldn't need HCI or Damage increase on a weapon either?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited April 2022
    keven2002 said:
    For those that are using the "yumi doesn't really need SSI" reason (btw - I agree); would it be fair to say that you really shouldn't need HCI or Damage increase on a weapon either?
    All my weapons have DI. At least 30, so the whips would need me to make changes.  Not everyone just wears cameos.

Rings 25 each, Jumus 20.  short 30DI.  Feudal grips too much for having them on all my fighters.
    Basic Tali 15 DI.

What if you have a nice jewel with no DI?

So, I wish the whips had more DI.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KazKaz Posts: 127
    I would actually had preferred the whips to not be 100 physical.  Thats kinda rough. 
    edited April 2022
    Violet said:
    Spellbooks were 250 points in Deceit. In Hythloth they were 200.   I guess they went back to their original cost.  Don't see if as a big deal.

Silverbranch bow is a Yumi, are you really needing SSI for a Yumi? You only need a total 20 SSI for a 3.25 weapon with 180 stamina.

The invasion bows:

Crossbow  4.5s max 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Concussion/Motal Strike
    Bow 4.25s - 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Paralyzing Blow/Mortal Strike
    Heavy 5.0s - 50 hit mana leech max, specials: Moving Shot/Dismount

You would need 240 stamina and capped ssi to swing the bow at 1.25. 

So how are these invasion bows better?
    The HML 50% is the displayed mana leech, that displayed value will not be higher than 50%.  However, the actual underlying mana leech on those bows (at least the ones from generals) exceeds that.

You can imbue 30SSI onto that 4.25 invasion bow, and I've seen the displayed HML stay as high at 48% with 30SSI.  There was an HML variability range with the bow drops. That's well over the normal imbuing cap (40 displayed HML) for a bow with 30SSI.  It may not quite be the max possible reforge %.

If you analyze that invasion bow on a soul forge, you'll see the HML is overcapped. Just match the HLD %, without imbuing HLD, you'll see the total weight.  You can also see the variability I speak of above, if you look at enough samples.  You'll need to account for the weight of the DI.  The knuckleheads imbuing calculator can help if you don't know the weights.

The "Bow of the Infinite swarm" is a composite bow artifact that has overcapped HML.

With this new yumi, we're basically seeing the leeches at the imbuing cap, whereas it'd be good to see some mods approaching reforge caps.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    All my weapons have DI. At least 30, so the whips would need me to make changes.  Not everyone just wears cameos.

Just about every single warrior talisman (trinket / soldiers medal / etc) have 10 HCI / 20 DMI so you do not need a cameo for damage increase. I assume you are talking about a mana orb (15 DI)? Why would you use that instead of soldier medal? It's inferior in every way (only 1 regen point / 5 HCI / 15 DMI). 

Pawain said:

What if you have a nice jewel with no DI?

So, I wish the whips had more DI.
    I don't use antique jewels on my sampire because I would need to repair way too often and have to reconfigure jewels way too often to mix and match skills. There really isn't much to gain (for me) in the way of clean jewels that lack DMI.

All that said, I know everyone has different builds which is why I dont assume everyone has DMI on their suit.... which is why I asked the question because someone could make the same argument for SSI on a yumi (not everyone has 10 SSI on both their jewels or 180+ stam). 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    It IS a Yumi, BUT, you need Bushido to utilize the double shot special. It is a little "underwhelming", but possibly usable. The same with the whips usefulness, but I like them better than the Yumi. Perhaps the Whips could be gotten in different (random ?) elemental damage types. Perhaps on the Yumi, drop the damage increase and add a different mod (hit stamina leech perhaps), and raise the hit lightning a little. Same with the whips. Or drop the cost on them at least 25 points. Just my thoughts. @Kyronix
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited April 2022
    KHAN said:
    It IS a Yumi, BUT, you need Bushido to utilize the double shot special. It is a little "underwhelming", but possibly usable. The same with the whips usefulness, but I like them better than the Yumi. Perhaps the Whips could be gotten in different (random ?) elemental damage types. Perhaps on the Yumi, drop the damage increase and add a different mod (hit stamina leech perhaps), and raise the hit lightning a little. Same with the whips. Or drop the cost on them at least 25 points. Just my thoughts. @ Kyronix

A "Bane" composite bow would generally be more useful.  However, this is a rare case where gargoyles got the better part of the deal during the city invasions -- they had a chance a bane soul glaive (basically their composite bow equivalent).  No such bane composite bow drop otherwise...

• usernameusername Posts: 696
    edited April 2022
    • No idea why the spellbooks are 250 points. Don't get it, was happier when they dropped to 200 pts, but even then, still didn't claim them.
    • Weapons won't even consider at 100pts because they're brittle.
    • Half apron no idea what niche that goes to but probably some PvP build and I don't cheat so I will never PvP.
    • Talisman may just claim one to do the event with.
    • Luck/di/ssi cloak again no idea what niche build that works with but pass.
    • Earrings, jawbone, cloak of light nice to see them back. Think some are at lowered costs compared to the past?
    • Titles are a staple, people either love or hate 'em.
    • Only a few deco items but the plinth is nice. Probably where a lot of my points will go.
    Overall, kind of a 'meh' ToT BUT I think that's a good thing: summer and great weather is coming up and I don't want to have to spend a ton of time at a current ToT to get everything I want. 

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    The HML 50% is the displayed mana leech, that displayed value will not be higher than 50%.  However, the actual underlying mana leech on those bows (at least the ones from generals) exceeds that.

You can imbue 30SSI onto that 4.25 invasion bow, and I've seen the displayed HML stay as high at 48% with 30SSI.  There was an HML variability range with the bow drops. That's well over the normal imbuing cap (40 displayed HML) for a bow with 30SSI.  It may not quite be the max possible reforge %.

If you analyze that invasion bow on a soul forge, you'll see the HML is overcapped. Just match the HLD %, without imbuing HLD, you'll see the total weight.  You can also see the variability I speak of above, if you look at enough samples.  You'll need to account for the weight of the DI.  The knuckleheads imbuing calculator can help if you don't know the weights.

The "Bow of the Infinite swarm" is a composite bow artifact that has overcapped HML.

With this new yumi, we're basically seeing the leeches at the imbuing cap, whereas it'd be good to see some mods approaching reforge caps.

Ranged leeches have always been halved based on their melee counterparts for the same intensity.

You can reforge greater than 100% leech, but that only goes into effect if you then add SSI directly to the weapon later. This was fairly common for sampires before SSI was easily obtainable off the weapon. This is why you see the HML not drop when adding SSI to the invasion bows (not implying you don't understand this, seems like you do, just making sure things are clear).

Even if you were able to reforge 200% hit leech in the background, it still caps it at 100% power and then is half effective for ranged weapons. So theoretically 50% hit leech is all you will ever get on ranged weapons.

The link on this page goes to a defunct stratics post, but there used to be a good explanation on it. There may still be one floating around the warrior forum somewhere: https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Mana_Leech
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited April 2022
    Khyro said:

Ranged leeches have always been halved based on their melee counterparts for the same intensity.

You can reforge greater than 100% leech, but that only goes into effect if you then add SSI directly to the weapon later. This was fairly common for sampires before SSI was easily obtainable off the weapon. This is why you see the HML not drop when adding SSI to the invasion bows (not implying you don't understand this, seems like you do, just making sure things are clear).

Even if you were able to reforge 200% hit leech in the background, it still caps it at 100% power and then is half effective for ranged weapons. So theoretically 50% hit leech is all you will ever get on ranged weapons.

The link on this page goes to a defunct stratics post, but there used to be a good explanation on it. There may still be one floating around the warrior forum somewhere: https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Mana_Leech
    Yes, I understand these points.  It's good for others though :)

At the end of the day, we now have a new bow choice that is similar to an imbued weapon - and in many cases will be inferior to an imbued Bane invasion bow.  The new Bane bow may have arisen out of various points made on bringing bane more mainstream.

On the new bow, it'd be better to see the HML at 50, better still if the HML was 50 and the SSI > 0, and even better if this was a composite bow.  The bow of infinite swarm is several years old, and already uses overcapped HML w/SSI30.  I'd probably pick Abhorrence over this new bow too.

Others have taken this in a direction of effective swing speed, and that's not really the point of the feedback.

Yes the bow needing Bushido is a no go for my Archers because they have other skills they need.

Same reason I never used the dino bow.

Least he put bane on something.  A small step towards a bane adding potion.
    edited April 2022
    @keven2002 I use the orbs for LMC.  I use macers and archers so need the LMC sometimes.

I probably adjusted my suits for the Cameo and demon slayer trinket.  So, I need to check to see which guys I could use the medallion on.  Since neither of those have LMC I probably do not need it now on some guys.

But my macer is at 55 DI without weapon or tali.  So My build needs DI on weapon.

I have 35 on a ring and none on the bracelet because I put skills there. Also my pets ate all my 120 tactic scrolls so I would have to adjust skills.  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,386
    edited April 2022
    @Kyronix ;
    how’s these requested changes coming along ?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    It would be nice to have some other reward options like a random roll for 120 scrolls, 5.0 sots, ect. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Urge said:
    It would be nice to have some other reward options like a random roll for 120 scrolls, 5.0 sots, ect. 
    Sell the rewards and buy the scrolls and sots with that gold.. the rewards become more expensive than scrolls.. way more
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    All the rewards are nice but we never get anything for Bards...no not for our subclasses. something that might raise our barding rates vs increasingly difficult monsters, a equipable instrument we can use transmog on or one with stats..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    All the rewards are nice but we never get anything for Bards...no not for our subclasses. something that might raise our barding rates vs increasingly difficult monsters, a equipable instrument we can use transmog on or one with stats..
    Virtuoso suit.

Give the man a lute he can hold in 1 hand like the bottle of rum from the Fellowship turn ins.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Virtuoso suit.

Give the man a lute he can hold in 1 hand like the bottle of rum from the Fellowship turn ins.
    I would comment on the virtuoso suit but am trying to behave 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    McDougle said:
    yes, or some sort of "Earrings of Amplification"™ , amp your notes so that even the most deaf monster will vibe to your tunes!   or could be just in a lute, benefitting musiciancip so it balances these OP monsters